P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Our 13 month old great grandson was just admitted into hospital. He has a high temperature and difficulty with  breathing. He's had a covid test done and is on oxygen. His mum says he's sleepy but cheerful so fingers crossed. 

Avril 

Sorry to hear that, hope he will be ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh Avril!

They do bounce back remarkably quickly, so let’s hope they find him a great antibiotic and he bounces really quickly (((hug)))

He had a similar condition in December and was in hospital for 2 weeks. There were a lot of children in at that time with the same symptoms  which they thought was bronchiolitis, and the nurses were saying they'd never seen as many children in there at the same time with the same symptoms. Obviously since March we've been speculating about covid. His mum who's  a nurse had tested positive for covid a few weeks ago. 

Avril 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Our 13 month old great grandson was just admitted into hospital. He has a high temperature and difficulty with  breathing. He's had a covid test done and is on oxygen. His mum says he's sleepy but cheerful so fingers crossed. 

Avril 

Avril, that's very worrying for you all.  Hope you get some positive news of him very, very soon.  

Harry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Harry Peterson said:

Avril, that's very worrying for you all.  Hope you get some positive news of him very, very soon.  

Harry

He's a strong and  usually healthy little fella, but obviously we can't visit. We'll probably know more after the weekend. What I find odd this time is only one parent at a time and no other members in the same household so his sister can't go to see him this time. I know they have to careful but Ella is really upset.

Avril 

• Like 2

Avril 

Oh I’m so sorry to hear that Avril. I really hope he’s better very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Things like this are what make me very cautious still

The OH and I have talked and talked and said that, for ourselves, we would be content to accept that life has become more perilous for us.  Perils increase as we age anyway - now we have a new peril to throw into the mix

BUT - I don’t think we can act on that attitude if it means that health workers, and their families, are put in additional danger.  

So, we’re still very locked down, much as we would love to toddle off to the coast 

What a bastard thing this is 🙁

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

He had a similar condition in December and was in hospital for 2 weeks. There were a lot of children in at that time with the same symptoms  which they thought was bronchiolitis, and the nurses were saying they'd never seen as many children in there at the same time with the same symptoms. Obviously since March we've been speculating about covid. His mum who's  a nurse had tested positive for covid a few weeks ago. 

Avril 

Oh Avril, the poor little mite.. 

I will say a prayer for him and cross everything. 

Bless him, 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Avril,  I hope that isn't covid and that he recovers quickly from whatever it is and gets back home soon.  🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

He's a strong and  usually healthy little fella, but obviously we can't visit. We'll probably know more after the weekend. What I find odd this time is only one parent at a time and no other members in the same household so his sister can't go to see him this time. I know they have to careful but Ella is really upset.

Avril 

Better in the long run to not put Ella at risk, bless her. 

Doesn't make it any easier though. 

Andy 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Sorry to read this but as you say the little fella has been here before and will be back home soon.

Our thoughts will be with you and your family  and the little chap bless him .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Oh Avril, bless him. Sending virtual hugs xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for your kind words they really help.

First my nephew then my brother in law and my daughter was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last week, but her covid test came back negative so that's one blessing. Now this. One thing I have learned  these last few months is we're all a lot stronger than we think. Now see,  that was a positive  thought.☺

Avril 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Fingers crossed I hope he is alright.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

First my nephew then my brother in law and my daughter was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last week, but her covid test came back negative so that's one blessing. Now this. One thing I have learned  these last few months is we're all a lot stronger than we think. Now see,  that was a positive  thought.☺

Avril 

Sending you our very best wishes for you and your family.x

• Thanks 1

Avril 

That's the thing Avril do stay positive.  I hope he will be safely back home very soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

That's what we are all here for ,to help & support each other:classic_smile:

Keep yer chin up lass :classic_biggrin: 

I intend to kalos. There's nothing to be gained by worrying about something you can't alter. It helps no one. The good thing is I can come on here and talk it out. I think I'll pop across to the food thread an see what's for dinner with Vamp.

Avril 

• Like 4

I intend to kalos. There's nothing to be gained by worrying about something you can't alter. It helps no one. The good thing is I can come on here and talk it out. I think I'll pop across to the food thread an see what's for dinner with Vamp.

Avril 

Avril, Wish you a good nights sleep tough times all round!

24 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Avril, Wish you a good nights sleep tough times all round!

Thank you. There are others having a worse time than I am. I'm just one of many being affected by this damn virus. We'll see what tomorrow has in store for us. Nite mercury 😴

Avril 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

So sorry to hear that Avril, hope he gets better soon. Virtual hugs coming your way

Bob and Elaine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

How are we all this sunny Saturday morning?

my behind is hurting. Don’t think it likes bike riding. 

stuck at work till 2.30 😔

You’ll get used to it after a while.  Having said that, during the oil crisis in the early 70s I managed to track down a couple of bikes about 5 miles away and we had to ride them home. The wife still goes on about it now!

Do you watch these by any chance?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005bky/episodes/player