P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

28 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If the level of non-compliance is that bad, you would expect the number of CV19 cases to be dramatically increasing, but thus is palpably not the case. 

Everyone was talking about how the rush to the beaches a few weeks ago was going to lead to hundreds more deaths, and yet, here we are, with minimal CV19 deaths. More people are dying from standard flu than CV19 at present!

Yes, I wear a mask, but I'm certainly not going to worry unduly if someone walks past me in Aldi without one.

But how many are infected and spreading with no knowledge? One person’s asymptomatic is another’s death sentence.

Edited by Eglesbrech
Typo
  • Like 2

I think what annoys me most is the half hearted attempt at fines etc. I mean the gov are still living in a time when a telling off from a police officer is enough for people to stop what they are doing. Now some people don't give a flying......how about huge fines for those organising raves, and also fines for everyone who is there. As for mask wearing yes should have been some letter or card from a doc and even if they are exempt they should still keep distance and no need to shout mouths off. I understand people want to go to raves and party etc but just need to wait for more parts of society to open up. Most of us are still waiting for things, cruises, swimming lessons for my daughter etc

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

But how many are infected and spreading with no knowledge? One person’s asymptomatic is another’s death sentence.

But the number of people dying is in single figures on a daily basis. You are more likely to be killed driving than from CV19

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Everyone was talking about how the rush to the beaches a few weeks ago was going to lead to hundreds more deaths, and yet, here we are, with minimal CV19 deaths. More people are dying from standard flu than CV19 at present!

With the beaches Wowzz we have to remember that people visit from miles around and then go back home 

and could possibly be spreading the virus where they live . As for deaths ,yes thank God they are staying low 

at the moment but some survivors are now reported to be living a living death as they have lung defects to live

with the rest of their lives .There's no figures showing them and for us with underlying conditions , we have 

very little chance of survival really . If it's only like flu lets hope the Vaccine comes sooner than later.

Also if things are that safe why would you want half price rail fares and tax breaks for office workers 

to get them back to work ?  Surely if all is fine for crammed beaches and raves ,the same would go for 

those who work offices . We all know it's not safe ,so lets all work together and not throw away what we 

have been through together .:classic_smile:

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But the number of people dying is in single figures on a daily basis. You are more likely to be killed driving than from CV19

Dying is one thing. The lifelong issues from Covid are another. Perhaps they should report on the people who have kidney problems, long term breathing problems, clotting problems etc etc - they don’t.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

With the beaches Wowzz we have to remember that people visit from miles around and then go back home 

and could possibly be spreading the virus where they live . As for deaths ,yes thank God they are staying low 

at the moment but some survivors are now reported to be living a living death as they have lung defects to live

with the rest of their lives .There's no figures showing them and for us with underlying conditions , we have 

very little chance of survival really . If it's only like flu lets hope the Vaccine comes sooner than later.

Also if things are that safe why would you want half price rail fares and tax breaks for office workers 

to get them back to work ?  Surely if all is fine for crammed beaches and raves ,the same would go for 

those who work offices . We all know it's not safe ,so lets all work together and not throw away what we 

have been through together .:classic_smile:

+1.

Excellent post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

There are good reasons for that, wowzz.

Treatments have improved, but it’s now mainly younger people who are contracting the virus - rather than the previous situation where there was a much higher proportion of older, much more vulnerable, people.

Most of the older and more vulnerable people are now taking very great care to avoid contracting the virus.

Younger people see no great need to, and they’re the ones being successfully treated. I say successfully, but that’s not necessarily the case, given the potential longer term consequences. Not being killed doesn’t necessarily mean a successful outcome.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Dying is one thing. The lifelong issues from Covid are another. Perhaps they should report on the people who have kidney problems, long term breathing problems, clotting problems etc etc - they don’t.

I agree.

These after effects of covid19 are conveniently not mentioned but a living nightmare for anyone affected.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Unless you use the 60 day count which I believe the ONS think is a more accurate figure, at up to double the 28 day totals

wrong - 88% for 28 days, 96% for 60 days. the other 4 % appears to be over 60 days

Edited by davecttr
correction
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

There are good reasons for that, wowzz.

Treatments have improved, but it’s now mainly younger people who are contracting the virus - rather than the previous situation where there was a much higher proportion of older, much more vulnerable, people.

Most of the older and more vulnerable people are now taking very great care to avoid contracting the virus.

Younger people see no great need to, and they’re the ones being successfully treated. I say successfully, but that’s not necessarily the case, given the potential longer term consequences. Not being killed doesn’t necessarily mean a successful outcome.

Until the young realise covid19 affects everyone they will continue to think it is an old persons disease.

It is a new virus so no one knows the potential long term effects on young or old people who survive and why we must all treat covid19 with the utmost respect.

• Like 4

On 8/29/2020 at 10:50 PM, Harry Peterson said:

It wasn't, and it didn't happen. Just an urban myth, possibly stemming from a student rag mag.  There was even a court case about it.  Good names though, and a lot of people still believe it's true.

Shame really!

Wow is that right. This was always something I just accepted. Wait until I tell my husband.

23 hours ago, kalos said:

Thinking about it Harry ,maybe it's better to be warm as you order your Christmas decorations now on sale, in August!

Never mind tomorrow is another day /month(September) and this coming week you can buy your mince pies/puddings .

The 2nd of September to be exact.At a supermarket near you ! :classic_smile:

Summers just keep getting better :classic_unsure: Off to dig out my Christmas jumpers ,save turning the heating up :classic_wink:

I ordered my first Christmas present on Sunday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Me too. 

I first make a cooked pastry case in a 9 1/2'' loose bottom flan or quiche tin.

Filling,

3/4 pt milk

4 1/2 oz creamed coconut

3 egg yolks

4 1/2 oz caster sugar

1 3/4 oz plain flour

1 oz desicated coconut

1oz candied chopped pineapple

2 tbsp pineapple juice, rum or Malibu

1/2 pt whipping cream

Bring the milk and creamed coconut to just below boiling point, stirring to melt the coconut. Whisk the yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy then whisk in the flour. Carefully pour the milk mixture over the yolks stirring all the time. Pour back into the pan and stir over a gentle heat until thick. Leave to cool but not set. Stir in the coconut, pineapple and juice or rum. Spread into the flan case, cover with the whipped cream and decorate with any remaining pineapple. Chill in the fridge, and if you're brave enough to take it out of the flan tin😉, serve on a nice plate. Be warned, it's very moreish.

Avril

That sounds very nice Avril. I think I will have to make it with apples though we have so many this year.

I just have to find the creamed coconut now.

Evening peeps

how are we all?

i have had to set an early alarm as the kids are back at school tomorrow. I’ve been busy all week washing the new school clothes. I have only half a clue of how I am to drop the kids off where and when with the distance and the new rules. 
Don’t think I want them to go back really. Once we stopped the home schooling for the 6 week holiday I’ve enjoyed having everyone at home. I feel a bit sad about it but I know they need to go for their learning which is very important. 
the dog is doing good. He is on gabapentin and is so much better than the other week. Seriously I would have thought my hubby was lying about how bad the dog was if I hadn’t have been here at the time. Unbelievable difference. 

Hubby is on furlough for another 9 weeks. Hopefully he can get the front garden sorted. 

night all

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Evening peeps

how are we all?

i have had to set an early alarm as the kids are back at school tomorrow. I’ve been busy all week washing the new school clothes. I have only half a clue of how I am to drop the kids off where and when with the distance and the new rules. 
Don’t think I want them to go back really. Once we stopped the home schooling for the 6 week holiday I’ve enjoyed having everyone at home. I feel a bit sad about it but I know they need to go for their learning which is very important. 
the dog is doing good. He is on gabapentin and is so much better than the other week. Seriously I would have thought my hubby was lying about how bad the dog was if I hadn’t have been here at the time. Unbelievable difference. 

Hubby is on furlough for another 9 weeks. Hopefully he can get the front garden sorted. 

night all

Let us know how school goes. The children have been back at school up here since early August and they have settled back in really well according to what I am hearing.

If hubby has 9 weeks I would have a very long list of tasks ready for him to keep him occupied, your don’t want him getting bored 😉

• Like 2

Hi vampiress88

I’m pleased to hear your dog is a lot better and improved, my mother-in-law is on gabapentin a strong pain killer which I have to sign for , I’m sure you’re girls will be fine back at school and enjoy it and you once you’re in a routine again ( that’s what I tell my daughters ) I have two grandchildren going back to secondary school and five grandchildren going back to primary, this time of year normally cost me a few £££ because I always buy them all new school shoes to return back , but I only brought one pair this summer due to lock down 😃 and me having to keep away from them because I’m due to have operation tomorrow morning  on my stomach, not looking forward to that , I had my COVID test yesterday which was unpleasant and quite painful up the nose , I’m sure she was trying to connect to my brain 😂

So today is pack my hospital Bags for anything from 1 to 4 day stay make some chicken soup for my husband and me if I get home , and a long session in the hot tub with a 
G & T 😎

• Like 4

All the best Purdey!

Thanks for the bulletin Vamps.  The girls will love being back with their friends.  You’ll miss them.  Woof to Bodie - so glad he’s still with you and doing well

Our puppy comes home today!  Eek.  A dog-mother at my advanced age 🙂. I’m sure we’ll rub along fine.  Watch this space 🐶 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Hi vampiress88

I’m pleased to hear your dog is a lot better and improved, my mother-in-law is on gabapentin a strong pain killer which I have to sign for , I’m sure you’re girls will be fine back at school and enjoy it and you once you’re in a routine again ( that’s what I tell my daughters ) I have two grandchildren going back to secondary school and five grandchildren going back to primary, this time of year normally cost me a few £££ because I always buy them all new school shoes to return back , but I only brought one pair this summer due to lock down 😃 and me having to keep away from them because I’m due to have operation tomorrow morning  on my stomach, not looking forward to that , I had my COVID test yesterday which was unpleasant and quite painful up the nose , I’m sure she was trying to connect to my brain 😂

So today is pack my hospital Bags for anything from 1 to 4 day stay make some chicken soup for my husband and me if I get home , and a long session in the hot tub with a 
G & T 😎

Best wishes for your stomach operation tomorrow and hopefully it is extremely successful.

Graham x

• Like 3

Vamps, good news about your dog 🙂 I'm sure the girls will have a good day back at school with their friends and I hope the different drop off and collection times work out ok.

Our local primary doesn't start back until Monday. There was a big queue outside Clarks yesterday, seems like quite a few people doing last minute school shoe shopping.

Purdey, hope all goes well with the op and that you have a quick recovery.

Eddie, good luck with the new puppy!

• Like 3

Delighted to hear your dog is doing well Vamps and as others have said your girls will love seeing all their friends at school. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery from your op Purdey.

Good luck with the puppy Eddie - post a picture for us all to see when you have a chance! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Hi vampiress88

G & T 😎

Hope all's well with you're op tomorrow Purdey and a speedy return home.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
oops
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good point. The figures have recently been manipulated to reduce the death figures.

Not counting those that got run over by a bus is obviously a gross manipulation of the figures. Make them all count. If you got a positive test for Coronavirus and fall down the stairs 61 days later you died as an infected zombie.