P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Just what I need Graham a nice portion of chips instead of hospital soup and ice cream 

thanks all for keeping me amused while I’m still in hospital, hopefully home tomorrow for my home made soup and a bit of peace . Operation went well .

Pleased to hear it Purdey. 
This lot do make me chuckle 😁

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you all again and yes the wheelie bin saga made me laugh and Kalos nice to see a face behind your new signature 

best wishes to all Sandra 

The good news is that next week, I will be pressure washing our other bin! 

Lady W has said that unfortunately next Friday she will be visiting B&M as she has discovered that we are running short of pan scrubbers. She will therefore not be able to share in my bucolic bin cleaning experience.   

However, she is pleased to know that I will be happy playing with my high pressure hose.

Hopefully I will be able to post yet another uplifting and inspirational photograph to keep everyone's hopes up in these dark, and for some, binless,  times.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I will be happy playing with my high pressure hose.

Be careful or you could go blind :classic_ohmy:  or so they say :classic_unsure:

Get Mrs W to buy you some goggles :classic_wink:

With that ..Sleep well &  Goodnight :classic_smile:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

The good news is that next week, I will be pressure washing our other bin! 

Lady W has said that unfortunately next Friday she will be visiting B&M as she has discovered that we are running short of pan scrubbers. She will therefore not be able to share in my bucolic bin cleaning experience.   

However, she is pleased to know that I will be happy playing with my high pressure hose.

Hopefully I will be able to post yet another uplifting and inspirational photograph to keep everyone's hopes up in these dark, and for some, binless,  times.

Be careful wowzz, Lady W may buy more pan scrubbers and encourage you to use them on your bins. I have been told that scrubbers are much better at getting into the more neglected and grubby places. 😇😏

32 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Be careful wowzz, Lady W may buy more pan scrubbers and encourage you to use them on your bins. I have been told that scrubbers are much better at getting into the more neglected and grubby places. 😇😏

You may have that wrong. In my experience (!) you normally find scrubbers in neglected and grubby places!

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You may have that wrong. In my experience (!) you normally find scrubbers in neglected and grubby places!

In your  experience   ! :classic_ohmy: 

I bet your fun in a confession box Wowzz :classic_wink: Just don't let Mrs W read these posts .

Also I heard that during Covid they have now gone contactless as well, :classic_unsure:

I think you pay and they run away :classic_wacko:

Looking forward to the new pics of your other bin next week .:classic_smile:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Because of the fact that I don’t have such experience, I will bow to your greater wisdom on such matters.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, kalos said:

In your  experience   ! :classic_ohmy: 

I bet your fun in a confession box Wowzz :classic_wink: Just don't let Mrs W read these posts .

Also I heard that during Covid they have now gone contactless as well, :classic_unsure:

I think you pay and they run away :classic_wacko:

Looking forward to the new pics of your other bin next week .:classic_smile:

I hope you're not speaking from experience kalos, you're supposed to be shielding!! 😒

Avril

• Like 1

After a day shopping we popped down to Port of Tyne dock where Oceana was.

They have revamped the dock where you could park next to the ship.

They have installed a lot more 

Mooring Bitts so there is room for 2 ships to tie up as well as the daily DFDS Ferry.

I wonder if a lot more ships are planned to come to North Shields possibly Fred Olsen's new ships.

Just now, grapau27 said:

After a day shopping we popped down to Port of Tyne dock where Oceana was.

They have revamped the dock where you could park next to the ship.

They have installed a lot more 

Mooring Bitts so there is room for 2 ships to tie up as well as the daily DFDS Ferry.

I wonder if a lot more ships are planned to come to North Shields possibly Fred Olsen's new ships.

We are currently sitting overlooking Marsden Grotto Beach.

15993200839696376280045225342989.jpg

IMG_20200905_162147.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

As I said to my wife's friend at the 20's party we attended. " I 'm sure the invitation said come dressed as a flapper"

4 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Should have been boarding Arcadia to go to the USA today ☹️

Started looking at cruises for next year. I know its been said that the prices have gone up, but jeez, some of them are eye watering.

Condolences.. 

Just to rub it in, it is a beautiful day down here for embarkation and sail away... 😊

Andy 

• Haha 1

I may be dim but I cannot understand why after over six months(to date) of no cruises that when they restart the prices should rise.

Our local restaurants have started to reopen and having lost all their trade are offering great deals not charging more than they did before lockdown.

I know that P&O seem to have plenty of bookings for when they restart but a lot of these are Soft bookings using FCC and have only been booked to not lose customers money and will probably disappear when the realities of future cruising becom apparent. I am not a businessman what am I missing?

Viv

17 minutes ago, Twogreynomads said:

I may be dim but I cannot understand why after over six months(to date) of no cruises that when they restart the prices should rise.

Our local restaurants have started to reopen and having lost all their trade are offering great deals not charging more than they did before lockdown.

I know that P&O seem to have plenty of bookings for when they restart but a lot of these are Soft bookings using FCC and have only been booked to not lose customers money and will probably disappear when the realities of future cruising becom apparent. I am not a businessman what am I missing?

Viv

Presumably it’s just the law of supply and demand. Plenty of demand, mainly because of previously cancelled bookings, so they can hike the prices up accordingly. They’ll also have to be able to charge more if they’re to maintain profits with lower passenger numbers.

Cruising looks to be changing, but the following year may be entirely different, depending on the virus, how much money people have, and the demand.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Twogreynomads said:

Viv

Why sell it cheap when you have already sold it high?

Even though they are soft bookings, the balance sheet says they are in high demand. 

It's happening locally too, a week outside of school holidays this October in a basic caravan on Hayling Island is over £800, last year £199...

It could all change quite quickly when balances are due and confidence is still low. 

The whole face of cruising has changed for a while I'm afraid. 

Late bookings will be the only way of grabbing a bargain for a while. 

Andy 

• Like 6

I suppose it's all supply and demand.  At the moment lots of people hoping to cruise next year and, given the absence of that this year, may very well be prepared to pay a premium (even eye watering ones!).  You're right - a lot of the current bookings, taken out with FCC may not follow through, but at that point commercial decisions will be made regarding price cuts. 

Should things be back to normal in that restrictions to the cruise experience no longer represents a barrier to cruisers, ports are unlikely to be closed ..... and the biggest prize of all, an effective vacinne is available I think the demand will be huge, and I don't see prices falling significantly. 

But so many variables........ The only thing I think we can be sure of, the Company along with many others will raise as much capital as they can as they've taken such an economic hit.

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Condolences.. 

Just to rub it in, it is a beautiful day down here for embarkation and sail away... 😊

Andy 

Agree with you Andy, we came down to Southampton on Friday and have had a lovely weekend,  the shopping centre is amazing compared with what we have in Swindon, only slightly bad point is there's only NCL Norwegian Star in.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Why sell it cheap when you have already sold it high?

Even though they are soft bookings, the balance sheet says they are in high demand. 

It's happening locally too, a week outside of school holidays this October in a basic caravan on Hayling Island is over £800, last year £199...

It could all change quite quickly when balances are due and confidence is still low. 

The whole face of cruising has changed for a while I'm afraid. 

Late bookings will be the only way of grabbing a bargain for a while. 

Andy 

I can perfectly understand the increases to cover their losses for this season, but an increase of £600 for a week in a basic caravan on Hayling Island sounds more like daylight robbery than covering their losses.

Avril

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I can perfectly understand the increases to cover their losses for this season, but an increase of £600 for a week in a basic caravan on Hayling Island sounds more like daylight robbery than covering their losses.

Avril

I agree Avril it does looks like daylight robbery - but if people are prepared to pay I guess the temptation to cash in must be huge, especially if it represents a life-line in businesses surviving after a disastrous year for trade.  Not that I agree on a moral level but I can understand and in their circumstances, if my business was near to failing, would I do the same?  Not an easy question to answer.  

• Like 1