P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

16 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you all I’m trying to unwind for the rest of the day , it’s been a unusual day again really I remember when I was 21 and hated being 21 I thought it was all down hill from then , not being a teenager anymore, but I’ve got the same feeling now being 61 it’s all down hill again, silly me too much bubbly again 😂😂😂 , being that I don’t celebrate birthdays the age 21 & 61 bothers me 🥴

Happy birthday ! I was 61 in March.

I don't mind it too much, 60 is the new 40 and all that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Having read the above Where to Post message I will no longer be contributing to this forum has I have never cruised with P and O and probably never will.

It has been interesting reading about you nice people and thanks to you all for your kindness over the last few months.

Eric

Eric, surely you can still post on this thread, which is not P&O or cruise related?

It would be a shame to see you go. 

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Surrey is 8.9 and Woking 11.7. We are in Cornwall at the moment, we didn't stop over in Exeter on the way down this time, so don't blame us.🤣. Those blooming Londoners I'll bet 

Without reopening the old arguments,  infection rates very much depend on the level of testing. When infection levels are low, the difference between 8 per 100,000 and 20 per 100,000 is statistically insignificant. It's the trend that is more important than individual numbers.

• Like 1

Just now, wowzz said:

Eric, surely you can still post on this thread, which is not P&O or cruise related?

It would be a shame to see you go. 

I will probably keep checking the posts and contribute occasionally.

Just feel a bit of a intruder, nothing against P and O, just prefer smaller ships with a more international atmosphere.

2 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Just feel a bit of a intruder, nothing against P and O, just prefer smaller ships with a more international atmosphere.

There are a lot of us here that feel exactly the same way, but still contribute. It's always beneficial to get input from non P&O  afficionados. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Without reopening the old arguments,  infection rates very much depend on the level of testing. When infection levels are low, the difference between 8 per 100,000 and 20 per 100,000 is statistically insignificant. It's the trend that is more important than individual numbers.

When we are testing up to 1.5m a day we can expect lots of cases. 437per 100k is high by any criteria. Jane should still be worried though🤣....25 phew.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

When we are testing up to 1.5m a day we can expect lots of cases. 437per 100k is high by any criteria. Jane should still be worried though🤣....25 phew.

Totally agree about 437 being high, but given the current situation in certain areas, testing will certainly be at a high level.

I certainly wouldn't be worried about a figure of 25.

• Like 1

I think many forum members will cruise on various cruise lines, and as a  UK cruiser I have always  gravitated to the P&O forum mainly because members tend to be like minded, at least when it come to cruising.

I have used some of the other cruise line sub forums when I am planning a cruise on that line, but the likes of Celebrity, Princess and RCI forums do, quite naturally, portray a mainly Nth American bias, 

So I certainly intend to continue using this sub forum as my main cruise info channel, even when I am booked on another line.

• Like 6

Thank you all for your concern, Michelle is a lot brighter today, nearly back to her usual self, has me running around after her, so normal service has resumed... 😊

Best wishes to my friend Kalos, keep resting. 

Happy Birthday Sandra, I hope you had a good day. 

Andy 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Your contribution and opinions are appreciated by many of us Eric and we certainly don't view you as an intruder. 

Please check in from time to time, best wishes, 

Andy 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you all for your concern, Michelle is a lot brighter today, nearly back to her usual self, has me running around after her, so normal service has resumed... 😊

Andy 

So pleased to hear that Michelle is brighter today.  I hope that she is soon fully back to her usual self.

Take care both of you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Having read the above Where to Post message I will no longer be contributing to this forum has I have never cruised with P and O and probably never will.

It has been interesting reading about you nice people and thanks to you all for your kindness over the last few months.

Eric

Sorry that you have decided to leave us, please reconsider,  as you can see we chat about more than cruising particularly at the moment when we can't actually cruise.  Many of us cruise with more lines than just P&O

Take care.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Pleased to hear Michelle is feeling a lot better.

Graham.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Well I certainly hope you’re feeling better today Kalos and I certainly Hope Andys Michelle is a lot better today , I’m sure you both got very good attention from Mrs Kalos and Andy with Michelle. 

well I was supposed to have a day off today being that I’m a another year older 🥴 and have some me time relaxing in the hot tub with a bottle of bubbly and cheese sticks !! I know crumbs in the hot tub but I can assure you there is no crumbs the way I eat it 😂, anyway long story short is mother-in-law decided she was going to be ill today and I had to call the doctor out and get medication etc , 1/2of the day gone for what wasn’t important situation again ,  it’s very hard when they have dementia when to make the right calls to the doctor, but as the doctor knows when she is playing me up she does for attention, I’m sure he’s given her some smarties just to please  her and give me a rest , it’s been a long 5 weeks with cooking around there’s 3 times a day but hopefully when dad gets his plaster off and a braise put on he’ll be back to cooking again 🙏 anyway I did eventually get in the hot tub with my bubbly and made it before the rain comes on  anyway rant over 😤😤

A very belated Happy Birthday Sandra. Sorry you've had such a rubbish day and please do rant - you've got plenty of sympathetic listening ears on here. I hope your evening is good and full of more bubbles. Very best wishes. Jane.xxxx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

That's good news Andy. Relief all round. Keep on Running - an appropriately named song just for you. Take care both of you. Jane.xx

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Cheers Avril, no not yet I have another scan they need to do next week and then it all goes

off to the chiefs  of the Cardio team to ponder through the data and see where we go from

there. I have spent a lot of time sleeping today just feel so drained today but feeling a bit better

in myself as time goes on if that makes sense :classic_unsure: You and Frank take care :classic_love:

Look after yourself Kalos - another rest day tomorrow is prescribed! Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Oh Andy I have only just caught up with your news. I’m glad to hear Michelle is brighter today, take care both of you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kalos said:

Lovely to hear from you Kruzze :classic_love:  I hope you are keeping well and thank you :classic_smile:

Kalos , sorry to hear you had a bit of a rough time yesterday. Glad you’re feeling a bit brighter today, look after yourself.

• Thanks 1

Well I popped in for a quick bed time read and found lots of posts!

Glad your eye appointment went well Graham.

Purdey, I’m sorry your birthday didn’t go as planned but pleased you got your bubbles in the end.

I must go to sleep now, I have to collect my grandson on the bus tomorrow, that’s going to be interesting!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning guy's hope you are all well and slept well :classic_love:

I think I must have slept so much the day before  my body clock said  4am is a good

time to be wide awake , so laid there pondering what I had been through and other 

wonderful mysteries of life such as ... If there is a king and queen size mattress, where

would the princess sleep? On heir mattresses maybe ? :classic_unsure: 

Why are there so many  TV adverts for toilet rolls ? ....Who's not buying them ?
Why does anti aging cream have a best before date  if it really works :classic_wacko: These sort of

things seem important to us in the early hours don't they. It's still early so I thought I

would catch up on the news I was shocked to hear about the COVID virus on Mount Everest.  

I thought it had already reached its peak.:classic_ohmy: Well it looks to be the making of a nice day so 

you all take care and stay safe .:classic_love:

• Like 13
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I don't mind it too much, 60 is the new 40 and all that. 

I keep telling myself I have the body of a teenager :classic_smile:

The problem I have is it acts like a teenager and ignores what I say :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 9
  • Haha 5