P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I’m surprised! I thought it would have been far higher so I would agree that it’s good value for money. I know that countries vote for their buddies but come on, even Ireland and Australia didn’t think that the UK entry deserved any points. And ‘I’m Amanda Holden’ was terrible too with her stupid ‘joke’. What’s clever about admitting that you’re stupid?!  Anyway we’ve always watched Eurovision and love the dottiness of it all. My Mother and I had a good chat about it on the phone this morning!

I didn't know that Ireland were our buddies. If folk enjoy watching it that's their choice. Enjoy.🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

The highlight of Eurovision last night for us was the actor from Will Ferrell’s Eurovision film who announced the Icelandic vote asking for the song JaJa Ding Dong while staying in character  😁  

When my girls were younger they used to get really upset that U.K. never did well, had to explain every year that it’s very political. 

But, when ABBA won with Waterloo, one of the best pop songs of all times,  guess how many votes the UK gave it ?

The answer is, less than one! 

Of course,  the biggest travesty is when My Lovely Horse got no votes,  despite an epic video. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

And not the very delayed and late (yet again) addition of India to the Red list? That seems much more likely, but of course it would be inconvenient to admit it.

I am struggling to understand why the later approval, and thus roll out of the AZ vaccine resulting in a lag in the AZ statistics, has any connection to India being placed on the red list. But  I guess it must make sense to Harry.

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I am struggling to understand why the later approval, and thus roll out of the AZ vaccine resulting in a lag in the AZ statistics, has any connection to India being placed on the red list. But  I guess it must make sense to Harry.

I have no understanding in that direction. What has a heron got to do with anything and Why are India in Eurovision,?🤔

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But, when ABBA won with Waterloo, one of the best pop songs of all times,  guess how many votes the UK gave it ?

The answer is, less than one! 

Of course,  the biggest travesty is when My Lovely Horse got no votes,  despite an epic video. 

My Lovely Horse is another family favourite 😂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

My Lovely Horse is another family favourite 😂

The guitar solo is a special favourite of mine.

I wonder if anyone else has any idea what we are talking about! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I wonder if anyone else has any idea what we are talking about! 

My memory needs jogging on that one!

In the late 80s and the 90s we always had a Eurovision Dinner Party.  They were great fun, all round the table,  with one man taking bets on the winners and on Terry Wogans jokes (Cant remember how that worked).  We had the main people every year but others asked to come so we had a couple of different couples every year.   We didn't actually have fancy dress but we did have things associated with countries, ie  one lady came with knitted plaits,  and a bloke came with leather look shorts with feathered hat, and so on.. lots of silly little things like that.   I have moved so I miss it a lot.

I met my future son in law on a Eurovision night.  He turned up dressed as the Israeli lady whose name escapes me.  I thought "Well he's going to be fun" and indeed he is.

• Like 5

Morning folks hope everyone's ok today and have had a good weekend all be it 

A slightly wet one at times. Me buying that sun parasol base a few weeks back

seems to have worked a treat when it comes to rain as it's still in it's box it came in .

It's the curse of the sun products with me .:classic_unsure: At least the sun is out this morning

even if it is a bit cool and things seem to be getting back to normal again. I received

a last minute phone call and a letter from my Cardio at the Hospital and they want

me back in later today in the Lab & science dept . They are going to pump me up 

with radioactive dyes (again :classic_unsure:) to check my heart out and put me through the big 

scanner (again) so that's my afternoon taken care of for today . Really pleased though

as this tells me that the NHS is now getting back to sorting out the backlog of other

patients that the pandemic had caused . Hope you all have a good day and remember

to keep safe .:classic_smile:

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

seems to have worked a treat when it comes to rain as it's still in it's box it came in .

It's the curse of the sun products with me .:classic_unsure: At least the sun is out this morning

even if it is a bit cool and things seem to be getting back to normal again. I received

a last minute phone call and a letter from my Cardio at the Hospital and they want

with radioactive dyes (again :classic_unsure:) to check my heart out and put me through the big 

scanner (again) so that's my afternoon taken care of for today . Really pleased though

as this tells me that the NHS is now getting back to sorting out the backlog of other

patients that the pandemic had caused . Hope you all have a good day and remember

Good luck today Kalos. Hope all goes well. You may need that parasol later in the week - going up to 20 degrees apparently or allegedly! Be well. Best wishes as always. Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

It is good Kalos that they are checking your heart.

Hopefully everything is good and maybe they might have further treatments to improve your heart function.

Good luck mate.

I have to go to the eye hospital today.

10°C and sunny this morning.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Hopefully everything is good and maybe they might have further treatments to improve your heart function.

Good luck mate.

Graham.

Cheers Graham and I hope your eye appointment goes well

( is it the follow up to your recent op ?)

Take care :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck mate.

Graham.

Good luck to you as well today Graham. Hope all is well. We also have 10 degrees - but cloudy at the moment. Best wishes to you and Pauline. Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thanks kalos.

Second follow up.

I need a new glasses prescription so I will see if he will sort a cataract on my other eye before I go for a new eye test.

Graham.

• Like 1

Good morning.

My best wishes to those of you with hospital or doctors appointments. Slowly getting back to normal, my next appointment is face to face, better than a phone call.

A bit of sun this morning but a chilly 9c, but a promise of better weather to come later this week and next.

I am enjoying the YT videos onboard MSC Virtuosa, not everyones taste but looks good to me, having enjoyed two cruises with MSC, I am sure there will be others. Looking forward to when Iona starts cruising and videos start appearing. We are getting used to the rules for our sunshine staycation cruise in late August, just to be able to relax and watch the sea go by will do me.

Stay safe.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thanks Jane.

My Epiretinal Membrane peal and IOL fitted to my previous strong eye has been great and he suggested doing a cataract op on my other eye on my first review so I'm hoping he will agree to do it.

Graham.

• Like 2

Watched the Eurovision and you can’t help but think that the bbc are following the plot line of my lovely horse (father ted)

read that bill bailey has offered to enter Eurovision next year, and actually think he’d be a great entry.

was watching the yt video of the virtuoso and thought she looked nice 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Jane.

My Epiretinal Membrane peal and IOL fitted to my previous strong eye has been great and he suggested doing a cataract op on my other eye on my first review so I'm hoping he will agree to do it.

Graham.

Sounds good Graham. Did he say it would be an option to do the other eye? Hope he agrees and good luck. Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning all, I didn’t watch Eurovision, I used to love it but all the political votes used to wind me up!

John and I did a home lateral flow test as our son asked us if we would, ready for us to have our grandson regularly. Both negative. This Wednesday I’m doing a trial run of picking him up on the bus! So that will be fun! (I hope) 

Have a good day all 😊

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Sounds good Graham. Did he say it would be an option to do the other eye? Hope he agrees and good luck. Jane.x

He did say it would balance the eyes.

Currently my varifocal glasses I have i can only use for reading as the lense is too strong now as my distance vision is great in the eye I had the op on  and I don't need glasses now for driving although it does cause a little eye strain because my weak eye is not good.

• Like 1

Morning everyone.

Good luck Graham and Kalos on your hospital appointments. OH has a video  appointment next week, that should be fun trying to connect!!

We didn't watch Eurovision, although we used to watch years ago, until it got too political.

Windy still down here with showers and thnder forecast. When it rains it is torrential, just hope nobody gets caught in one of the showers or they will be drowned in seconds flat.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Thanks 2