P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Josy.

The op is tomorrow Christmas Eve.

Graham.

Hi Graham. Wishing you lots of luck for you op tomorrow and I hope you are quickly home afterwards. I’m sure Pauline will once again be excellent as head nurse as I remember how fab she was when you had Covid.

Take care.

Gill x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Hi Graham. Wishing you lots of luck for you op tomorrow and I hope you are quickly home afterwards. I’m sure Pauline will once again be excellent as head nurse as I remember how fab she was when you had Covid.

Take care.

Gill x

Thank you for your kind words Gill.

Graham x

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

About half our holidays are to Spain and we have no problem having ice in our drinks. A nightcap of a Brandy with Ice and a Bailey's with Ice isn't quite the same without the ice. On our Nile cruise the boat made great play of assuring us that the ice was made with mineral water. We still didn't risk it though.

Yeah,the bottom of the Nile is full of minerals.I heard the 5 star boats use the mud for spa treatment.The afterglow from the toxic waste is to die for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Good morning ,hope everyone is ok :classic_smile:

Today is the day before the day of the actual day :classic_unsure:  where normality goes out the 

window for some ,where some begin to stress and fret about things like " Bin  Day "

(sounds like something Indian :classic_wink:) What day are they coming ? Ours has been swapped

to today and will be sometime this morning .No one has put one out as of yet but once

they see our bin out and they realise, there will be racing to get them out on the street.

That's made me double check our bin collection day, and it's still tomorrow, or so it says on the website. The binmen might think differently though, it has been known🙄

Avril

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Yeah,the bottom of the Nile is full of minerals.I heard the 5 star boats use the mud for spa treatment.The afterglow from the toxic waste is to die for.

I was more concerned about what was floating in the Nile rather than the ‘minerals’ at the bottom. There are lots of theories about the death of Tutankhamen but as far as I know, drinking Nile water or eating Nile Perch (we were served it one night disguised on the menu as sea bass) is surprisingly not one of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just waved brother off on a damp grey morning. 

Off to deliver donations to the group that does the free Xmas lunch for the town. Can't go help as arthritis precludes being on my feet for more then 30 minutes at present. Town will be rammed so back home smartish to settle in for Xmas. I know a lot of folks would be horrified at the though of Xmas alone but I honestly don't mind at all. I've done the go to Brothers and I was grateful but so many people, I have done a Xmas cruise not my thing either so tried home alone and found I like it.

So Happy Christmas to you all, best wishes to Graham and may those of you working get through and home asap

Emma

On 12/22/2021 at 8:58 AM, Eddie99 said:

My last Tesco delivery and my Christmas beef joint arriving around midday.  We’ll walk before that and maybe walk to the sorting office to pay £3.50 to retrieve a mystery package.  Bet it’s something rubbish - why don’t they tell you who it’s from

Just reading an article about the Christmas scammers .Not saying yours is not genuine but 

to others, just be wary if you get a text link on your phone but no card through the door :classic_unsure:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59760326  

• Like 1

Useful reminder kalos

Ours is fine - Royal Mail card left by the postie

We didn’t bother collecting yesterday - it’s being delivered tomorrow.  We are prepared to be disappointed 🙂 

Nasty, rainy day here.  Hopefully it’ll clear up sometime, though our morning walk may have to be rescheduled to the afternoon.  We are content watching Big Bash cricket and envying a lovely evening in Adelaide. 
Christmas gammon is happy slow-cooking in a little cider. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Off to deliver donations to the group that does the free Xmas lunch for the town. Can't go help as arthritis precludes being on my feet for more then 30 minutes at present. Town will be rammed so back home smartish to settle in for Xmas. I know a lot of folks would be horrified at the though of Xmas alone but I honestly don't mind at all. I've done the go to Brothers and I was grateful but so many people, I have done a Xmas cruise not my thing either so tried home alone and found I like it.

So Happy Christmas to you all, best wishes to Graham and may those of you working get through and home asap

Emma

Apologies. I just skim read your post and accidentally read the ‘r’ at the end of ‘brother’ in line 1 as an ‘l’. No offence intended nor taken I hope.

Edited by pete14

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

We always drink tap water, have ice etc, when we travel in Europe,  North America, Australia etc. We would be more circumspect in Asia, Central America etc.

But not to trust the ice in Spain is just being paranoid.

Not according to advise from many authoritative and well respected websites.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wowzz said:

https://tappwater.co/en/spanish-tap-water-quality/ same website as you quoted stating 

1. The tap water in Spain is generally of high quality but tastes and smells poor in many areas mostly due to hard water and the chlorine being added.

2. There are areas in Spain where the pipelines are old and/or exposed to contamination or where the water comes from a source which is unsuitable for drinking and the water should be filtered.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

https://tappwater.co/en/spanish-tap-water-quality/ same website as you quoted stating 

1. The tap water in Spain is generally of high quality but tastes and smells poor in many areas mostly due to hard water and the chlorine being added.

2. There are areas in Spain where the pipelines are old and/or exposed to contamination or where the water comes from a source which is unsuitable for drinking and the water should be filtered.

Agreed  - the water may taste unpleasant, but it is still safe to drink, which was the point I was making.

And you really need to go off the beaten track to find water from an undrinkable source. Somehow I don't think Graham's hotel in Belamadena will have water from a contaminated source ,

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ccpm said:

Emma

Thank you Emma.

Graham.

Halfway up our mountain we have the fountain of eternal youth.It's a tap sticking out of a wall with a concrete bus shelter thing built round it.It reduces blood pressure and when you drink a glass looking like Keith Richards you wake up looking like Cliff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2