P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

14 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Finally it is dry here and I have dragged the canines for a short walk. The town was so empty, the morning was once again very dull and grey but slowly it is brightening and with it my mood is lifting. So much so I think I will drive out to Sheringham and just have a look at the sea as I drive the coast road back.

No sign of anyone moving in so I have agreed with the wall building ensemble that they can get that wall up now if they can. Just the bottom of the garden to go then once the tenants leave in March.

Graham that wound looks a good one so should have an excellent result scar wise. 

14 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Good to see that incision from your op is healing well Graham.

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

That’s looking good Graham, it will heal up in no time now the stitches are out. Glad it is all over for you.

Thank you friends for your good wishes.

Graham

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much for your good wishes.

I am back home now.

The hospital sister took the stitches out and put some antibiotic gel on the wound.

She said it had healed well.

Graham 

Glad to see it all went well Graham :classic_smile: Looks like it will heal well, just take care 

when the sun comes out to play mate :classic_love:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Glad to see it all went well Graham :classic_smile: Looks like it will heal well, just take care 

when the sun comes out to play mate :classic_love:

Thank you Kalos.

Since Pauline had a BCC removed from her chest 10 years ago we very rarely lie in the sun.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

You may be right on that last point, Andy - it's a great way to get the figures down at a sensitive time if there are no PCR tests available anywhere in the country!

This is the current position:

image.thumb.png.7958f34784c25a38428a82ebe0abb0dc.png

Not helped by Piers Corbyn’s thugs who trashed a Testing site at Milton Keynes today. 🤬🤬

A balmy 16C in the greenhouse this afternoon, went to check on over wintering plants, found the some of the geraniums still in flower. Pulled the last of the beetroot from raised bed will boil them tomorrow, will pull remaining carrots tomorrow and chop them up for the soup maker, our Christmas present to ourselves, makes excellent soup with little effort.

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much for your good wishes.

I am back home now.

The hospital sister took the stitches out and put some antibiotic gel on the wound.

She said it had healed well.

Graham 

IMG_20211229_135338.jpg

If your experience is the same as mine, you will be back to your good looking self in a month or so. 

And, if Pauline is not around, and you meet a lady,  you can ask her if she wants to see your duelling scars! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just caught up on this thread after getting home from spending Christmas with some friends. Had a good time but so fed up with the dreary weather we are all having.

Pleased to see that most folks had a great time over the two main days.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

If your experience is the same as mine, you will be back to your good looking self in a month or so. 

And, if Pauline is not around, and you meet a lady,  you can ask her if she wants to see your duelling scars! 

Thank you Wowzz.

It is currently 11°C and raining at 7am.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Take care and stay safe 😷.

Graham.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Hospitalizations seem to be the figure to keep an eye on at the moment more than anything else

For cruising the number of positive tests is also important as apparently the pre cruise LFT will start to show positive results at about 3 days from infection. A lot more infections may result in more COVID leaking through the test procedure and getting onto ships. Those ships then may be refused entry to foreign ports and worse for passengers they may be offloaded.

Glad I am not P&O senior management, the furious discussions and tearing of hair!

• Like 2

Morning hope everyone's doing ok today:classic_smile:

The temperature's really jumped up today 13.c,it's bright but very breezy which is very

low in worries/scheme of things unless you are an OAP:classic_smile: The wind plays havoc with

their hearing aids as I saw two old men outside our newsagents today The first says..

.."Windy, innit?". The second says "No. Thursday.". The first  pensioner replied  ......

..."Really ? Me too. Let's go for a pint.".:classic_unsure::classic_biggrin:

On the eve of the eve of New Years eve take care ,stay safe :classic_love:

• Haha 12

Milder but grey as yet. But I have 4 men, a digger and allegedly concrete is being hand mixed once Brad (who the heck is he?) has fetched the mixer from place as yet undisclosed. Then Sunday a wall will appear. This side is shorter by far than the original one which does an elegant sweep round a bend. On Saturday no new year celebrations for the young lad who lives at the back he has changed his cash from me into nice grey metal windows for his extension and the gang will be getting them installed.

The low riders have had an excited tail wag and a few barks but as this has had no effect whatsoever on the men they have retired feelings wounded to the fireside hoping that I will not mention the "W" word. 

Another exciting day begins in North Norfolk

Emma

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We will leave them up for another week.

Same here, next Wednesday or Thursday we will take the decs down. Outside lights may be earlier depending on dry days to get them in. When I was working I thought my work colleague was premature taking them down on New Year's Day, but he did put them up early, we're a later up and later down household. Before retirement I used to like coming back from work for a few days to the Christmas lights and decs.

• Like 1

My decorations are normally down by now as we usually go on a holiday right after Hogmanay on the 2 or 3 Jan but not this year. So they are still all up.

I have started the traditional cleaning of the house to welcome in the New Year. Everything is getting washed, cleaned, polished and where appropriate bleached! OH has been dispatched outside to do the windows.

43 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The Christmas Tree and decorations are all back in the loft for another year and the house has been thoroughly cleaned.  Life feels normal again.

I am keeping them up in the hope that my daughter and family will be able to see them before I have to take them down.They only live a few miles away but a lot of children in one grandsons class tested positive for covid a few days before Christmas and my daughter was worried they may be infected without knowing it and pass it on, particularly as my son and his wife were staying with us and my daughter in law is pregnant.Then on Sunday my husband started with a bad cold.He has done several lateral flow tests which have all been negative but my daughter understandably doesnt want to visit at the moment.

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

The Christmas Tree and decorations are all back in the loft for another year and the house has been thoroughly cleaned.  Life feels normal again.

Ours will be taken down on Monday. I love to see them when they're first up, but after a while I can't wait to see the back of them. I've two new bags coming tomorrow, one to store the tree and one to keep Santa cosy in the loft until next year.

Avril

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Ours will be taken down on Monday. I love to see them when they're first up, but after a while I can't wait to see the back of them. I've two new bags coming tomorrow, one to store the tree and one to keep Santa cosy in the loft until next year.

Avril

Mine are already down apart from a few special cards and some special soft toys that come out every year.

I’ll now be glad when New Year’s Eve is over and we can start to look forward to a better year. 

• Like 3