P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning all.

I have an impromptu week off childcare duties, daughter, son in law and almost certainly little grandson have Covid 😳 Son in law has been quite unwell over the weekend with a high fever, daughter is not too bad and the little one had a fever & sickness Thurs & Fri which they didn’t connect to Covid until they tested positive on Saturday. The cases aren’t connected but my sister and brother in law have tested positive too this weekend! 

Hope they get welll soon.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful sunshine but chilly here. I have done the stairs 4 times today and am only using my stick  if the lowriders are awake just so I can (a) balance better if they cut in front of me and (2) to bat them out of my way. All in all a good recovery to date and tonight I am determined to be back in my own bed upstairs. 

45 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Beautiful sunshine but chilly here. I have done the stairs 4 times today and am only using my stick  if the lowriders are awake just so I can (a) balance better if they cut in front of me and (2) to bat them out of my way. All in all a good recovery to date and tonight I am determined to be back in my own bed upstairs. 

It sounds like you are doing brilliantly.  Take care not to over do it  and put your recovery back.

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh bless them. My ‘daughter in law’ had it a couple of weeks ago but my son didn’t! It’s a funny old virus! They’ve been so careful and after all this time she finally succumbed. Grandson probably brought it home from nursery! 
Hope it’s a mild dose.

My grandson's fiancee caught covid two weeks ago and she stayed with him in his flat because her parents are both frail. She was really poorly for 3 days and tested negative 5 days later. They are both triple jabbed, and my grandson never caught it, even though he looked after her. Same as Graham and Pauline, and they weren't vaccinated at that time. As you say, it's a funny old virus.

I hope your families recover soon.

Avril

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

My grandson's fiancee caught covid two weeks ago and she stayed with him in his flat because her parents are both frail. She was really poorly for 3 days and tested negative 5 days later. They are both triple jabbed, and my grandson never caught it, even though he looked after her. Same as Graham and Pauline, and they weren't vaccinated at that time. As you say, it's a funny old virus.

I hope your families recover soon.

Avril

I'm sorry to hear your grandsons fiancé has been poorly with Covid but good to hear she has now tested negative and your grandson stayed covid free.

A doctor on the Royal Caribbean forums said it was quite common how like in our case I had a bad covid infection in November 2020 but Pauline had no symptoms although I think she might have been asymptomatic because they were not testing people then unless you had symptoms.

Graham

• Like 1

Morning everyone, a cloudy day here today. I keep thinking about all the lucky people enjoying warmth and sunshine abroad and wishing it was Summer.

Not an enjoyable day yesterday for me, I had a colonoscopy, results said no obvious sign of cancer but biopsies taken, hopefully all is good. I am still feeling a bit tired as I had sedation. Not doing much today I don’t think.

Hope you are all feeling well and have a nice day.

Michelle

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 2/7/2022 at 8:06 AM, SarahHben said:

Morning all.

I have an impromptu week off childcare duties, daughter, son in law and almost certainly little grandson have Covid 😳 Son in law has been quite unwell over the weekend with a high fever, daughter is not too bad and the little one had a fever & sickness Thurs & Fri which they didn’t connect to Covid until they tested positive on Saturday. The cases aren’t connected but my sister and brother in law have tested positive too this weekend! 

Hope they are all better soon.

We are not out of the woods just yet with this virus but  hopefully on the way, certainly a lot better than this time last year.

Michelle 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, ccpm said:

You are doing really well. 
My friends husband had it done just before Xmas, she said its like having a new man around the house and are getting out and about more 

Michelle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LynnForestgate said:

Just enjoying a delightful coffee, on my balcony this morning.

The air is crisp, and down beneath me, the people just swarming by, buses and taxis and cars and cyclists, all going to places unknown.

Meantime, I can relax and enjoy it all....

Sounds like you are having a nice holiday.

Graham.

45 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, a cloudy day here today. I keep thinking about all the lucky people enjoying warmth and sunshine abroad and wishing it was Summer.

Not an enjoyable day yesterday for me, I had a colonoscopy, results said no obvious sign of cancer but biopsies taken, hopefully all is good. I am still feeling a bit tired as I had sedation. Not doing much today I don’t think.

Michelle

Prayers 🙏 your Biopsies are clear Michelle.

I'm sorry yesterday was unpleasant for you.

It is 10°C and cloudy here with a light drizzle.

Graham.

• Like 8

Hope everyone is well and for those that are under the weather/recovering, hope you feel better soon.

Grey dull and overcast here, but at least it's dry, at present.

Spent most of yesterday afternoon looking for villas in Sicily as my daughter and sons are looking at going over there later on this year. She found one she liked and I'd found the same one on a different site, cheaper. Only problem is they can't agree on a date🙄

Take care and stay safe.

Pam

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Hope they are all better soon.

We are not out of the woods just yet with this virus but  hopefully on the way, certainly a lot better than this time last year.

Michelle 

Thank you. The rest of us all still tested negative this morning and hopefully it will stay that way.

I hope you don’t have to wait too long for your results and that it’s good news.

• Like 4

Morning a very mild 11.c here this morning ,hope everyone's doing ok and those 

who are ill soon get better . My first state pension payment went into the bank 

today so I guess that is me an official pensioner now:classic_unsure:

Having a lazy day reading the papers and a bit of olympic's later on the tv .

Reading in the papers some seem agitated that the artificial snow they are using 

in Beijing is not green ?? :classic_unsure::classic_ohmy: Well I'm no expert on snow but I've only ever seen

two colours white and yellow :classic_blush: Reading in the papers  that Buck palace are

rehearsing for when Charles becomes king and his wife becomes queen,

got me thinking will they also bring in new anthems for each other for 

when on parade ,like ..🎶 Camilla Queen…guaranteed to blow your mind….🎶:classic_wink:

We will have to wait and see :classic_unsure: Have a good day everyone :classic_smile::classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 8

You are doing really well. 
My friends husband had it done just before Xmas, she said its like having a new man around the house and are getting out and about more 

Michelle

Thank you I am a very quick to recover person even with both knee replacements which I found much more tricky as you need to get back the flexion. I always thought I was a right wuss as I was terrified of injections until I slipped multiple discs then it was like no injections until the surgeon said I was the daftest doctor he had ever come across. Obviously in 1979 there was no political correctness involved.

I also like the thought I may be like a new person, the hips have not been so very painful but they have to be replaced as they have almost disintegrated.  I am hoping that after number 2 is done I can do more things as the 3 years I have lived here I have really done nothing much apart from eat out. 

Michelle

Oh you have my sympathies Michelle my husband had so many of those and for someone who could panic for England he always faced them with great fortitude but as one drew closer he was always a bit withdrawn. Hoping your biopsies are clear. Have a lovely restful day,