P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

My dad owned two (not at the same time (!)

So did mine ,the thing I remember was the gearstick having a little red slider switch for 

the overdrive., before 5 th gear came along I guess:classic_unsure:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wowzz said:

My dad owned two (not at the same time (!)

A bit like TVR's. Best have 2 as one is normally off the road. My friend's dad had a gazelle. The steering column broke, so the garage welded it up for him.🤣

29 minutes ago, kalos said:

So did mine ,the thing I remember was the gearstick having a little red slider switch for 

James Bond had one of those on his Aston......... DON'T TOUCH IT..

• Haha 6

Morning and thank you for your good wishes. 

I came down here as my friend wanted me to go to hospital (she is a Respiratory Consultant) I was reluctant as I would have had to go through various things before accessing a bed here. Her response was well come down here then if you can. Brother zipped up for me and the dogs and comfy room in almost empty private hospital here is mine. IV antibiotics doing me good and just starting to feel like I'm not on the brink of drowning. So will soon be on the mend and hopefully out and home.

I am sorry though about the fracas I caused, put it down to various meds. I will do better.

6 minutes ago, ccpm said:

I came down here as my friend wanted me to go to hospital (she is a Respiratory Consultant) I was reluctant as I would have had to go through various things before accessing a bed here. Her response was well come down here then if you can. Brother zipped up for me and the dogs and comfy room in almost empty private hospital here is mine. IV antibiotics doing me good and just starting to feel like I'm not on the brink of drowning. So will soon be on the mend and hopefully out and home.

I am sorry though about the fracas I caused, put it down to various meds. I will do better.

Hope you are feeling better soon. 

Andy & Michelle xx

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Pleased to hear that, Emma, and that you’ve got the antibiotics to sort out that chest infection. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ccpm said:

I am glad that you are geting the treatment that you need and starting to feel a little better. 

Thanks for letting us know

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Good to hear from you and glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. Take care.

Pam

• Like 2

Am I right in saying the Singer Gazelle was the 'posh' version of the Hillman Minx?  My parents in law had one, and we just had a horrible (company car) brown Minx.  DH hated it, he was much more of a mini or sports car person.

Good to hear you are on the road to recovery Emma.

Sorry about your weather Avril.  We had a filthy wet day yesterday but the complete opposite today.  Wall to wall sun.  No further news except we had a good walk and we have skate for tonight and trout for Sunday (with the Italian delivery for tomorrow)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Your Dad must have had the Deluxe version !

My Dad bravely lent me his in 1970, and I drove three friends to the Bath Rock Festival (fore runner of Glastonbury) which was a long drive from Colchester with no motorways in those days. 

It was an even longer drive back, after three sleepless nights, and I had to go to school the next day !

You can see me at the back.

https://images.app.goo.gl/S9t6rrVvBa1h35787

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Your Dad must have had the Deluxe version !

My Dad bravely lent me his in 1970, and I drove three friends to the Bath Rock Festival (fore runner of Glastonbury) which was a long drive from Colchester with no motorways in those days. 

It was an even longer drive back, after three sleepless nights, and I had to go to school the next day !

You can see me at the back.

https://images.app.goo.gl/S9t6rrVvBa1h35787

Goodness, what's that you're smoking there?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

I'm pleased you're feeling a little better Emma. I'm sure you will soon be home, so take full advantage of the rest you're having. I bet your daschies aren't that lucky if your brother's walking them😉

Avril

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

Good to see you posting again. Hopefully you are now on the mend and home soon to see your lovely doggies

Michelle

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Am I right in saying the Singer Gazelle was the 'posh' version of the Hillman Minx?  My parents in law had one, and we just had a horrible (company car) brown Minx.  DH hated it, he was much more of a mini or sports car person.

That's it. My Brother had a convertable minx. Horrible car.

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

Happy to hear you are feeling better Emma.

Graham.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No you are still here !

Great, and I thought it was a witty reply and even praised the moderators - somewhat confused about the funny coloured background it has 😕

edit  - it has now happened again - the post has a pink background

Edited by davecttr