P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Whatever I be bothered with here. Probably open a tin of tomato soup, easy on the throat. 

Enjoy your evening eveyone and I look forward to seeing all your Amami hairdos tomorrow.

Avril

That sounds like good invalid food Avril.  I got some in about 2 years ago, at the start of this thing, thinking it would be good if we succumbed.  So far, so good but we have eaten the soup - quite enjoyed it as a real memory meal

Here’s ours tonight.  Really tasty - and 5 minutes “work”.  I can’t recommend them highly enough.  Eat out in, as it were, at a sensible price

51E4BB13-27D3-4F17-9504-10FB1272ADF1.thumb.jpeg.b0c9a1ac779482a303d3bce087deaaf0.jpeg

• Like 6

We also have some tinned food for if we need it , we have various soups but my favourite 

is not a soup but a tin of alphabet spaghetti :classic_love: A word of warning though, take care when

heating it up or it could spell "Disaster " :classic_ohmy::classic_unsure:

• Haha 11

52 minutes ago, kalos said:

We also have some tinned food for if we need it , we have various soups but my favourite 

is not a soup but a tin of alphabet spaghetti :classic_love: A word of warning though, take care when

heating it up or it could spell "Disaster " :classic_ohmy::classic_unsure:

😄Oh kalos, you are really good for what ails me. :classic_love:

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you for the good wishes. Brother has departed and me and 3 canines are settled back in. I don't feel too bad just so tired and still a bit breathless. I now won't get my other hip done probably not until the end of 2022 or even next year. Not suitable to have a general anaesthetic after such a major infection. Nor will I go away on a cruise until December. Those could be seen as a bummer but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Other news from here they are starting to finish my wall from Monday. Then the architect is coming at the end of the month to do the final plans for the minor tweaks that are needed before the windows go in. 

I'm downstairs for a week or so as it will be less trouble to use that bedroom and just move 10 foot to let the dogs out or get a cuppa. The low riders seem to think that is OK they have already got onto the small sofa at the end of the bed for a snooze to try it out. I swear if reincarnation is a thing I am coming back as a pampered silly wire haired dachshund, maybe becoming famous for winning best of show at Crufts and promptly pooping in the ring. Maisie was my 3's hero after that.

Emma

16 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Thank you for the good wishes. Brother has departed and me and 3 canines are settled back in. I don't feel too bad just so tired and still a bit breathless. I now won't get my other hip done probably not until the end of 2022 or even next year. Not suitable to have a general anaesthetic after such a major infection. Nor will I go away on a cruise until December. Those could be seen as a bummer but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Other news from here they are starting to finish my wall from Monday. Then the architect is coming at the end of the month to do the final plans for the minor tweaks that are needed before the windows go in. 

I'm downstairs for a week or so as it will be less trouble to use that bedroom and just move 10 foot to let the dogs out or get a cuppa. The low riders seem to think that is OK they have already got onto the small sofa at the end of the bed for a snooze to try it out. I swear if reincarnation is a thing I am coming back as a pampered silly wire haired dachshund, maybe becoming famous for winning best of show at Crufts and promptly pooping in the ring. Maisie was my 3's hero after that.

Emma

I'm pleased to hear that you and the dogs are all settled back at home.  I've often wondered why people  say "it's a  dog's life" when they mean a bad life. Our dogs were both the most pampered creatures, though it was a toss up whether the cat was more spoiled because she would swipe the dog when he got near to her or her favourite sleeping spot.

Take care not to over do things until you are fully recovered.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm pleased to hear that you and the dogs are all settled back at home.  I've often wondered why people  say "it's a  dog's life" when they mean a bad life. Our dogs were both the most pampered creatures, though it was a toss up whether the cat was more spoiled because she would swipe the dog when he got near to her or her favourite sleeping spot.

Take care not to over do things until you are fully recovered.

Our dogs are pampered, they are both currently sat on the sofa. Our Cavalier seems to think our bed is hers as well, and she snores terribly - even worse than the husband 

Michelle

• Like 3

I was watching the news and a question just occurred to me, "how many of people are wearing masks as chin warmers" 

Why do people think that wearing a mask  not covering their nose and mouth is the correct way to wear it.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Best have salad ...:classic_unsure: I bet Wowzz would have salad or is it beans ? :classic_wink:

Tonight was Tagliatelli in green pesto with jumbo prawns and salmon, accompanied by garlic bread, and a couple of bottles of Malbec !

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Wiltshire farm foods? and Aldi 😁😁😜

Pesto and smoked salmon from Lidl, jumbo prawns and garlic bread from Aldi, Tagliatelli and Malbec from Tesco!

I like to spread my largesse around !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morning hope everyone's OK and to our wounded feeling a bit better today :classic_love:

Last night just for fun Mrs K sent me a photo off a site she uses now and again and 

asked me to guess what it is ? :classic_unsure: Any idea's ? I failed to identify it :classic_mellow:

FB_IMG_1647021326898.jpg.eb713c933b98cefca3cc14dc7f13f381.jpg

A lady she was chatting to snapped this UK classic on the Iona  and we all were in

agreement they have gone OTT with it . The thing before our eyes is ...or should be 

A.. Apple Crumble :classic_ohmy: The thing that resembles bread crumbs  is the crumble I assume .

Nowhere near enough crumble to warrant it having that title :classic_sad:

Now some people love fine dining /eating off planks /having their food de constructed 

But there comes a point where taking our beloved UK classic is a step to far . If they 

want take a bed of lettuce and put a pizza through a blender if it makes them happy 

But please leave our apple crumble alone ,I know it looks a mess but it's our British

classic :classic_love: Well that's my gripe over do you agree or have you any UK classic dishes

that you think need saving ? 

Have a nice day and stay safe/get well if you need to :classic_smile::classic_love:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning hope everyone's OK and to our wounded feeling a bit better today :classic_love:

Last night just for fun Mrs K sent me a photo off a site she uses now and again and 

asked me to guess what it is ? :classic_unsure: Any idea's ? I failed to identify it :classic_mellow:

FB_IMG_1647021326898.jpg.eb713c933b98cefca3cc14dc7f13f381.jpg

A lady she was chatting to snapped this UK classic on the Iona  and we all were in

agreement they have gone OTT with it . The thing before our eyes is ...or should be 

A.. Apple Crumble :classic_ohmy: The thing that resembles bread crumbs  is the crumble I assume .

Nowhere near enough crumble to warrant it having that title :classic_sad:

Now some people love fine dining /eating off planks /having their food de constructed 

But there comes a point where taking our beloved UK classic is a step to far . If they 

want take a bed of lettuce and put a pizza through a blender if it makes them happy 

But please leave our apple crumble alone ,I know it looks a mess but it's our British

classic :classic_love: Well that's my gripe over do you agree or have you any UK classic dishes

that you think need saving ? 

Have a nice day and stay safe/get well if you need to :classic_smile::classic_love:

You have no class Kalos.That's called artistic plating.I watch all those Saturday morning cooking progs.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I was watching the news and a question just occurred to me, "how many of people are wearing masks as chin warmers" 

Why do people think that wearing a mask  not covering their nose and mouth is the correct way to wear it.

I was one of those culprits in Lidl Italia yesterday to put my glasses on to look at labels.The difference being a security guard shouted across the store to put it on.

• Like 4

8c and sunny clear blue sky here with light winds.

Should get some gardening done but I'm a sports nut and with F1 testing, cricket test match, football and the golf players championship the garden will have to wait. I feel exhausted at the prospect of spending the day on the sofa watching it all!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, brian1 said:

You have no class Kalos.That's called artistic plating.I watch all those Saturday morning cooking progs.

You mean things like this Brian :classic_unsure: Go on you know you want to :classic_wink::classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Tried the sopressata on some cheddar.I found out the pigs head version is Tuscan and the Calabrian has the best cuts,lol.A bit chewy and spicy but OK.1394361550_IMG_20220312_120052215246.thumb.jpg.f43acbb136cf10ba35447e477a755e69.jpg

Now I know why you don't smile often bro.

I don't blame you, I wouldn't either.😝

Sis

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Now I know why you don't smile often bro.

I don't blame you, I wouldn't either.😝

Sis

Sis,I was making up a surprise Christmas hamper for you on this trip.You've poo pooed 2 items so far,bro.

• Like 1

Can I post a message for Avril please.  Go on... it's medicinal... need to keep our strength up!!!!

Avril, I think a  lot of us use your no suet dumpling recipe but I promised poor OH who is ailing...a meat pudding but I forgot the suet and of course we can't go out.  I can't see anything on line only dumplings.  I don't think it is possible for a pudding, am I right?

Son in law says he will do a drive past later but it will be too late to cook it then.  Oh well never mind.

• Like 1