P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

I hope all goes well ,take care with them and no jumping up and down on them should 

the Cats score at Wembley .

Are you taking Pauline down there ? :classic_love:

Pauline hates sport especially football so I will watch on TV 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, how are you all today?

A fairly bright day here with a strong breeze blowing but feels fairly mild.

I think I feel a bit brighter in myself today although the Dr has put me on antibiotics.
The nurse has just telephoned checked out my oxygen saturation levels and reminded me to rest and drink plenty of fluids. 

Has anyone been to see the new Downton Abbey film yet? My mum loves the tv program and I took her to see the first film and I must admit I did enjoy it

Take care everyone 

Michelle

All being well, I'm seeing the Downton film tomorrow. Loved the tv programme and enjoyed the first film. Waiting in for the annual burglar alarm service. Could be any time up to 5pm...

• Like 3

We’ve been at the coast for a week and the change we see in the countryside since we’ve been back is amazing.  Spring had sprung and everything was green before we left but I think May is competing with June and is truly 🎶 bursting out all over 🎶 

The horse chestnuts are real show-offs

B6DDDF4D-FCB1-4D35-A971-BFA8AFDB10E8.thumb.jpeg.5c5b2458c7757fff5a5d9b18dd51da97.jpeg

Talking of which - apologies for that unintended pic of my new avatar.  🖕Posted in error when I intended to post the missing cat.  I thought I had deleted it, but obviously hadn’t.  Durrr 🙄

Anyway - the url will take you to the website if you want to make one for yourself.

• Like 10

Into our third full day in Yorkshire, weather has been good so far albeit some what windy💨

We visited Byland Abbey, Mount Grace Priory and Gardens yesterday and Pickering and Hutton Le Hole today. A pheasant posed for me at Mount Grace! 

We also seemed to have consumed a lot of Tea and Cake! 

Rest of the week’s agenda is RHS Harlow Carr, York, Scarborough and the coast.

3F2C7693-5B4C-4E4C-9B81-904D53BD356E.jpeg

F46429F6-DE81-4515-BB94-646722D76D74.jpeg

4B359566-879A-403B-A4FD-06D82C90CB99.jpeg

• Like 15

6 hours ago, Britboys said:

All being well, I'm seeing the Downton film tomorrow. Loved the tv programme and enjoyed the first film. Waiting in for the annual burglar alarm service. Could be any time up to 5pm...

We went to Brampton, the Downton village on Saturday and Highclere a few weeks back. 

Saw the film last week, we really enjoyed it. 

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. 

Andy 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Into our third full day in Yorkshire, weather has been good so far albeit some what windy💨

We visited Byland Abbey, Mount Grace Priory and Gardens yesterday and Pickering and Hutton Le Hole today. A pheasant posed for me at Mount Grace! 

That pheasant doesn't like paparazzi.

Edited by brian1

Well we’ve been back from our Iona fjords sailing for 2 weeks and the videos are being edited and the review written. We had fabulous weather albeit chilly in the mornings and evenings. We really like Iona, the ‘freedom’ dining concept and using the ‘virtual’ queuing system using the ‘my holiday’ website. If anyone is interested, grab a brew, sit back and enjoy this ship tour. 

• Like 11

Just as an addition, I’m very impressed with Patrick’s video skills, shooting and editing, I only contribute small amounts. Here’s a shorter time lapse of us leaving Ålesund. 

Edited by peteukmcr
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Astrajet said:

Good to hear that you  are feeling a bit brighter today.

We went to see Downton Abbey: A New Era last week and enjoyed it very much - pleasant entertainment.   If you are a fan of the TV series then I would recommend you go and see it.  

Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.

We've just got home from seeing the Downton film, it was a lovely, easy watch and we really enjoyed it!

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Waju said:

We've just got home from seeing the Downton film, it was a lovely, easy watch and we really enjoyed it!

That sounds encouraging. I will take my mum asap. She wil love it I am sure 

Michelle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

If you get a chance to go to Fountains Abbey, it's stunning...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Well we’ve been back from our Iona fjords sailing for 2 weeks and the videos are being edited and the review written. We had fabulous weather albeit chilly in the mornings and evenings. We really like Iona, the ‘freedom’ dining concept and using the ‘virtual’ queuing system using the ‘my holiday’ website. If anyone is interested, grab a brew, sit back and enjoy this ship tour. 

Really excellent quality video tour. Definitely the best one I've seen of her so far. Well done.

• Like 1

Nice new pictures of Kalos and Eddie , it’s nice to put a face to all on here from chatting over the years .

Graham I hope your knee X-rays go fine today, I would love to get X-rays on my knees and hip , but just have to put up with phiso at the moment doctors being annoying and not sending me yet.

Hope all that’s not to well are soon feeling a spring back in their step .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hope everything goes well at the hospital today Graham.  Knee problems seem to be a problem for many of us as we get older.  My doctor once told me that running was a probable cause of a problem that I had with my knee, I don't even jog now but I think the damage was done when I was young, fit and foolish.I

It looks like we are in for a wet day today, I don't have any outdoor plans and have already decided that I will drive to the pharmacy this.morning rather than walk in the rain.

Take care everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rained on and off for a couple of days here in Bolton. Thankfully I managed to get my dahlia tubers planted on Monday so they should be well watered in by now. We are going out for lunch with friends later, to a pub we haven’t been to since it was renovated so don’t know what to expect. Just starting to get things together for our 10 day trip to Turkey next week. We are going back to a lovely hotel we visited about 5 years ago, hoping things are still the same. No cruise for us until September.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Rained on and off for a couple of days here in Bolton. Thankfully I managed to get my dahlia tubers planted on Monday so they should be well watered in by now. We are going out for lunch with friends later, to a pub we haven’t been to since it was renovated so don’t know what to expect. Just starting to get things together for our 10 day trip to Turkey next week. We are going back to a lovely hotel we visited about 5 years ago, hoping things are still the same. No cruise for us until September.

Hope you have a nice time with your friends and that the good is good.

I have only been to Turkey once back in 1996 on. Gulet Cruise for a week. It was absolutely fantastic, very basic but great fun. We are calling at Kusadasi & Istanbul Nay 2023 on a cruise which I am looking forward to. 

Hope you have a fab holiday 

Michelle

• Like 2

Has been raining since I got up, now raining quite heavily and only 13c.

I have to go to the 'Potteries' later to take my car in to the car dealer for a safety recall check which is a 35 mile round trip. I was hoping to kill the waiting time by walking down to the Festival Park shops but not in this weather, although it might be easing off by then hopefully.

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Has been raining since I got up, now raining quite heavily and only 13c.

I have to go to the 'Potteries' later to take my car in to the car dealer for a safety recall check which is a 35 mile round trip. I was hoping to kill the waiting time by walking down to the Festival Park shops but not in this weather, although it might be easing off by then hopefully.