P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We are back from our latest Princess cruise and are now trying to decide whether to go ahead with the one that we have booked for October.  We have never been disappointed by a cruise on any line because we don't expect perfection but our experience on Emerald Princess was the worst we have had on any cruise.  I am now concerned about going on Emerald Princess again.  I am going to call our Princess contact tomorrow to look whether it is possible to transfer our planned cruise to a different ship.  Each problem was dealt with satisfactorily on board at the time but the number of problems was ridiculous, the worst being a broken pipe in the ceiling which woke us up at 5:40 am dripping on OH's head but it was just the final straw after so many minor problems.  We have been told that the ship will be having a dry dock for the 2 weeks before our next cruise, so either everything will be fine or there are likely to be snags following the dry dock work.

I have never been so desperate to leave a ship but we were off the ship 6:20 this morning as soon as we able to carry our own luggage off.

There were a number of Covid cases on board, we were told that it was around 200 cases but as is usual there was no official confirmation of numbers, we only know for certain that the 2 people next door to us were taken away and the cabin was deep cleaned by a team dressed in protective clothing.

Makes very sad reading when you have paid out ,only to put up with so many problems.

At least you are both home safe and sound . Take care :classic_love:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We are back from our latest Princess cruise and are now trying to decide whether to go ahead with the one that we have booked for October.  We have never been disappointed by a cruise on any line because we don't expect perfection but our experience on Emerald Princess was the worst we have had on any cruise.  I am now concerned about going on Emerald Princess again.  I am going to call our Princess contact tomorrow to look whether it is possible to transfer our planned cruise to a different ship.  Each problem was dealt with satisfactorily on board at the time but the number of problems was ridiculous, the worst being a broken pipe in the ceiling which woke us up at 5:40 am dripping on OH's head but it was just the final straw after so many minor problems.  We have been told that the ship will be having a dry dock for the 2 weeks before our next cruise, so either everything will be fine or there are likely to be snags following the dry dock work.

I have never been so desperate to leave a ship but we were off the ship 6:20 this morning as soon as we able to carry our own luggage off.

There were a number of Covid cases on board, we were told that it was around 200 cases but as is usual there was no official confirmation of numbers, we only know for certain that the 2 people next door to us were taken away and the cabin was deep cleaned by a team dressed in protective clothing.

Hi Josy

Please let us have more details as you have me very worried!

We are due on Emerald around the UK next month, we were

looking forward particularly to the Edinburgh Tattoo for which

we have great seats booked.  We are in a mini suite on D deck

and have booked Crown Grill for several evenings. Would be really grateful for a follow up from you!

Terri

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

That sounds horrendous and I don’t blame you for wanting to change your plans,.
What is going on with cruises from Southampton? 

18 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

So sorry to hear that. I hope you haven’t caught Covid to just cap it off. It will be interesting to find out how Princess deal with the complaints because I don’t suppose you were the only ones dissatisfied. 

26 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh no!! That’s not good at all. Hopefully the dry dock before your next cruise will improve things

Michelle

4 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Hi Josy

Please let us have more details as you have me very worried!

We are due on Emerald around the UK next month, we were

looking forward particularly to the Edinburgh Tattoo for which

we have great seats booked.  We are in a mini suite on D deck

and have booked Crown Grill for several evenings. Would be really grateful for a follow up from you!

Terri

We are on C deck and we did not have any problems in the Crown Grill.  I am not willing to go into further details until I get a response from Princess.  I have followed up my on board complaints with a letter that I have written and posted this afternoon.

We have done 38 cruises with Princess and will do more because we have only ever really minor things go wrong in the past.  I suspect that we have just been exceptionally unlucky this time.

11 minutes ago, pete14 said:

So sorry to hear that. I hope you haven’t caught Covid to just cap it off. It will be interesting to find out how Princess deal with the complaints because I don’t suppose you were the only ones dissatisfied. 

I will let you know how they deal with it when I get a rep!y from them.

11 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

That's a bit harsh, one can agree that we need to drive towards zero CO2 emissions, whilst still accepting that the UKs puny CO2 emissions are never going to save the world on their own.

Yes the USA, China and India need to do more - unfortunately they don’t seem very interested.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SarahHben said:

My prescriptions currently get automatically sent to Hempstead Boots, but I'm getting so fed up with waiting in a queue for 40-50 minutes each time, that I think I'm going to re-route them to Fenn's at  Parkwood precinct next month. When I went last week I had to wait 45 minutes and there had only been 3 people in front of me.

I’ve moved mine from Rainham Boots to my local independent one. Much better, Boots constantly couldn’t get my migraine tablets but my new one has no trouble!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Oh no!! That’s not good at all. Hopefully the dry dock before your next cruise will improve things

Michelle

I hope it's not the cruise immediately after the dry dock, since they are always likely to have snagging issues.

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh no, how upsetting for you. We all look forward to our cruises and they aren’t cheap. Hope you get a more than satisfactory response from Princess.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I hope it's not the cruise immediately after the dry dock, since they are always likely to have snagging issues.

Unfortunately it is the cruise immediately after the dry dick which we did not know about until we were on  board.  The Captain  announced the dry dock at the Captain 's Circle cocktail party, apparently it was due just after the start of the pandemic  but they decided to postpone it because of the cost involved at a time when no-one knew what would happen and it was considered unwise to spend millions of dollars on dry docks incase the ships never sailed again.

The possibility  of snagging problems had occurred to us, I am hoping that we will be allowed to move our cruise.  OH thinks that if they won't let us move the cruise to another ship we should cancel and lose the deposit rather than risk another poor cruise.

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve moved mine from Rainham Boots to my local independent one. Much better, Boots constantly couldn’t get my migraine tablets but my new one has no trouble!

Boots often don't have what we need these days, it's a shame that Lloyds isn't in Sainsburys anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I've done it all wrong again!!!!"  I hinted and hinted that we never seem to do things "off the cuff" without a long time planning, ie we book cruises, dinners, short breaks very early.   "I wish we could do things just on a whim"   says me.   So he agreed and we booked a cruise to Norway in three weeks time on Bolette.🙃11th to 19th August allowing one night in Southampton.

Then I remembered....THE CAT.    I've tried about 30 catteries, little ones, big ones, and one Hotel at £40 a night but no luck.  Now what do I do.   He says he's going on his own!!🙂

If any  Kentish friends have any ideas I would be  very grateful.  I'm feeling a bit silly and desperate.

Sorry, all I can think of is either looking up cat sitting services or see if a family member or friend would be willing to call in daily.

I hope you manage to find someone.

Heavy rain tonight and now I know where my gutter blockage is. I removed the inspection cover from the bottom of the down pipe and not much water coming down the pipe. A deluge from the end of the gutter though, all over me, I was soaked. The bendy bit at the top is the problem. More problems to add to my leaky roof - very depressing 🥺

We have tried twice at Lloyds in Rainham.  Its a big shop but the queue was almost to the door with one on duty.  We noticed lots of empty shelves too.

We thought the queue was a one off so went back but it was awful.  Wouldn't bother again.

7 hours ago, davecttr said:

Heavy rain tonight and now I know where my gutter blockage is. I removed the inspection cover from the bottom of the down pipe and not much water coming down the pipe. A deluge from the end of the gutter though, all over me, I was soaked. The bendy bit at the top is the problem. More problems to add to my leaky roof - very depressing 🥺

You're lucky it wasn't a soil pipe.I know of blokes who have been covered in poo.

8 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Unfortunately it is the cruise immediately after the dry dick which we did not know about until we were on  board.  The Captain  announced the dry dock at the Captain 's Circle cocktail party, apparently it was due just after the start of the pandemic  but they decided to postpone it because of the cost involved at a time when no-one knew what would happen and it was considered unwise to spend millions of dollars on dry docks incase the ships never sailed again.

The possibility  of snagging problems had occurred to us, I am hoping that we will be allowed to move our cruise.  OH thinks that if they won't let us move the cruise to another ship we should cancel and lose the deposit rather than risk another poor cruise.

I love a good typo.

• Haha 7

12 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I've done it all wrong again!!!!"  I hinted and hinted that we never seem to do things "off the cuff" without a long time planning, ie we book cruises, dinners, short breaks very early.   "I wish we could do things just on a whim"   says me.   So he agreed and we booked a cruise to Norway in three weeks time on Bolette.🙃11th to 19th August allowing one night in Southampton.

Then I remembered....THE CAT.    I've tried about 30 catteries, little ones, big ones, and one Hotel at £40 a night but no luck.  Now what do I do.   He says he's going on his own!!🙂

If any  Kentish friends have any ideas I would be  very grateful.  I'm feeling a bit silly and desperate.

Are you anywhere near Sevenoaks?Our daughter uses a lady who comes in and feeds her 3 cats everyday.I can enquire if you're interested.

7 hours ago, davecttr said:

The roof leak is around the soil breather pipe. i had it repaired over 20 years ago and now have to go through all the hassle of contractors sucking their teeth and claiming the whole roof will need replacing etc etc. the perils of getting old 😠

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Are you anywhere near Sevenoaks?Our daughter uses a lady who comes in and feeds her 3 cats everyday.I can enquire if you're interested.

Thank you  but we are miles away.   

I think we will have to go down that road but years ago I worked in legal dealing with burglars and muggers etc and although  I'm not a particularly nervous person but won't go out with out the alarm on. I like to lock up and go. 

• Like 1

Have you thought of house sitters?

Responsible people who come with references, insurance etc

I have neighbours who do it and absolutely love getting around the country.  They are 100% responsible people - I’d leave my house/dog with them in an instant - though strangely they don’t want a break ‘two doors down’

Google for sitting agencies.  They’re with the biggest