P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Strange that, I am older than you Brian but now I am far more used to C than F, but I still think in feet and inches.

I told one of the American passengers.' it's going to be 40o at home tomorrow '. Jeez, that's cold.🤔

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Strange that, I am older than you Brian but now I am far more used to C than F, but I still think in feet and inches.

When we went metric our fitter went down the builders merchant to get some stuff. 10 X3 meter tape measures please. The 10 foot long ones.

It's 25 C outside at 10:30, and also in the flat. The temp seems standard across all the rooms, but it's a lot cooler than the house bedrooms used to be, even when the temp was only in the high 20s during the day, not having a red hot attic above us makes all the difference.

However I think I will be sleeping on top of the duvet tonight.

Edited by terrierjohn

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It is 28°C at 9pm.

I have never known it this hot.

Certainly not normal for the U.K., only time of experienced temperatures this high at night is when I have been to Spain or Southern France in the summer.

My wife messaged our friends in France earlier, they live in Brittany, they have had a max temp of 43C today, it was still 34C at 8pm their time, their swimming pool is now a warm bath. They have lived there 30 years since they moved from U.K. and said they have never known temperatures such as this. It’s still 25C here at 10:30, 

• Like 2

Good morning all sounds like you all kept yourselves cool yesterday, we stayed in all day until the time was to leave for the Michael Buble concert and after a long walk through some rough cut grass queuing for the gates to open which was the hottest part off we went to get a good position and we did , had a brilliant evening and his voice was still fantastic live , my sore knees held up good for 7 hours walking and standing but I wasn’t giving my space up for late comers pushing their way through, I’m sure il be suffering today today but it was worth it .

Have a lovely day everyone 🌞 

304B5B5F-4BC1-4AB6-BB21-2D7C58334D10.jpeg

E0320441-79B8-4623-8818-EDF4E9701872.jpeg

6991AB93-BAAB-4722-B9EC-442C559E8169.jpeg

16932AE3-9AA8-40B5-9401-05A85D444524.jpeg

• Like 17

Well that was a warm night, had fan on, but still uncomfortable, just checked thermometer outside, lowest temperature overnight was 20.5C, currently 23C at 7:00am! Looking at predicted temperatures  going to be another hot one.

No volunteering today or yesterday as too hot and site has very little shade. 

Thankfully we have some cloud cover today so at the moment it is a little cooler. Reached 27 here yesterday which is unheard of.

I have my heavy winter curtains pulled to keep the sun out, worked well and kept the rooms cooler. 

We hid in the house most of the day but by evening it was nice to sit out in the garden.

Dinner tonight will be cold to avoid having the oven on. I baked the bread first thing while the kitchen was relatively cool.

Stay cool and well hydrated all.

• Like 5

Currently 25 degrees here after an uncomfortably hot night. At least that is more than 10 degrees cooler than yesterday’s max but not for much longer I guess. Dog may get a shorter more shaded walk than usual in a few minutes. Even a slight breeze would help. Prediction of thunder storm later

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Currently 25 degrees here after an uncomfortably hot night. At least that is more than 10 degrees cooler than yesterday’s max but not for much longer I guess. Dog may get a shorter more shaded walk than usual in a few minutes. Even a slight breeze would help. Prediction of thunder storm later

Shouldn't grumble, we did get 2 days of summer this year😁. It was 29oC when we went to bed, the big fan with a couple of ice packs hanging on it worked well. It is cloudy here but the sun looks like it may come out soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning all sounds like you all kept yourselves cool yesterday, we stayed in all day until the time was to leave for the Michael Buble concert and after a long walk through some rough cut grass queuing for the gates to open which was the hottest part off we went to get a good position and we did , had a brilliant evening and his voice was still fantastic live , my sore knees held up good for 7 hours walking and standing but I wasn’t giving my space up for late comers pushing their way through, I’m sure il be suffering today today but it was worth it .

And he "still hasn't met you yet".

• Haha 3

Morning everyone, currently 27 degrees here, hubby out with dogs in a wooded area to keep them cool then no walkies until later tonight.

We put padding pool up for them and keep standing them in it and pouring water over them to help them keep cool. 

We too have kept doors, windows, curtains shut to try keep a cool room for hubby to work in. Lounge was 23 degrees yesterday so not too bad.

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Sadly, he’s a great West Ham fan. Every game they play, the fans seem to sing ‘I’m forever blowing Bubles’.🥴

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pete14 said:

40 minutes later and it has climbed from 25 degrees to 32 degrees. I hope it stops soon.

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Sadly, he’s a great West Ham fan. Every game they play, the fans seem to sing ‘I’m forever blowing Bubles’.🥴

You'd have got a laugh emoji if you hadn't said "sadly".

• Haha 1

Good morning all.

Well what a night that was!!!!  Every fan we posessed, ceiling and free standing, on full last night but to no avail. At 2.15am, after tossing and turning  unable to sleep, we finally went outside taking a fan with us, and managed to catnap on the loungers for a while. A strange experience and one which looks set to be repeated tonight. 

Stay safe, cool and hydrated. It should, hopefully, all be over by tomorrow and our weather back to normal.🤞

Avril

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, pete14 said:

40 minutes later and it has climbed from 25 degrees to 32 degrees. I hope it stops soon.

I know you are a bit further north in the City but up Anley Duck we have quite a bit of cloud cover and 26° at the moment.

Good morning.

It is currently 26°C in our garden with a high of 33°C expected.

It is just too hot in the house.

It was 38°C yesterday in the car when I went to pick Pauline up from work.

I wrapped an ice pack in a facecloth and put it on my forehead to keep cool lying on top of the duvet last night.

• Like 1

Had breakfast on the patio this morning first time for some years, then FB memory popped up for same day in 2016 when we had breakfast on patio. 

It was 22C when we sat down for breakfast at 8am, now back in house as temperature is now 30C at 10am, looks like it will be hotter than yesterday. Tomorrow is a more manageable 23C, but no rain forecast. 

Living room temperature at 23C, all curtains drawn and windows closed in the house, it kept inside temperatures down yesterday.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2