P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

We both started to feel a bit unwell this afternoon so we have just done LFTs and are both positive.  We were careful while on board Emerald Princess and were 2 of the few passengers constantly wearing masks when we weren't in our cabin or eating, we didn't do any tours because I was paranoid about being on a coach with other people.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We both started to feel a bit unwell this afternoon so we have just done LFTs and are both positive.  We were careful while on board Emerald Princess and were 2 of the few passengers constantly wearing masks when we weren't in our cabin or eating, we didn't do any tours because I was paranoid about being on a coach with other people.

Oh no, so sorry to hear this.

Hope you both don’t feel too unwell with it. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh no!!! Hope you only get mild symptoms and recover quickly.

This has happened to quite a few people I know including myself and my hubby.

Seems like it’s a sign of the times unfortunately 

Take Care

Michelle

Thank you for your good wishes.

I texted my sisters to let them know that we had Covid so that they don't come round to our house and they have all called me to let me know that they can't believe it because we have always been so careful.  They have all asked for a shopping list but we have no need for anything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

So sorry to hear this josy , I hope you’re symptoms are mild and not feeling to I’ll . 
Like you I am also careful in what I’m doing, especially in lifts and touching surfaces, but I still got it back in may , so I wish you speedy recovery.

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry to hear your news. Hopefully your symptoms will not be too bad. 

Your experience,  plus those of other cruisers,  seems to show that however careful you might be, covid will still get you.

You might as well not bother with taking any precautions at all,  as the end result will be the same. 

9 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

So sorry to read this Josy. 
Hopefully a mild bout.

Take care.

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry to hear the news. We got back from Iona two weeks ago today and tested positive. We've felt really ill since then even though we tested negative for the first time on Wednesday this week. Fingers crossed it's a mild infection.

13 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm sorry you both had positive tests after being so careful. It's not what you do that's the problem, but what others won't do.

I hope the symptoms are mild and you both recover quickly. Take care.x

Avril

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Camberley said:

Absolutely. We will certainly be wearing masks on our cruise tomorrow in the public areas etc. I know we are expected to but hearing from friends onboard our ship at the mo, very few are (surprise, surprise!). But as we’ve become so used to it - we still wear it at shops etc and so far have escaped it - we won’t let it blight the holiday at all! 

Now the joy of finishing the packing and the often-asked question to each other  “do we really need to pack that?”.

We got off Silhouette this morning. Hardly anyone was wearing masks onboard, in Norway, or now in the UK.

9 minutes ago, NewWestwardbound said:

How was the cruise?

The cruise was great. All restaurants and bars open,lots of staff. Food very good. 2 complaints, WiFi pretty grim and the MDR chairs not that comfortable. As it was a bit more expensive than P&O not fair to make comparisons, but after our RC cruise in September and P&O in October differences will be a bit clearer. This one was pretty much the same as pre pandemic, except staff wore masks. We would be back on Celebrity without hesitation.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

The cruise was great. All restaurants and bars open,lots of staff. Food very good. 2 complaints, WiFi pretty grim and the MDR chairs not that comfortable. As it was a bit more expensive than P&O not fair to make comparisons, but after our RC cruise in September and P&O in October differences will be a bit clearer. This one was pretty much the same as pre pandemic, except staff wore masks. We would be back on Celebrity without hesitation.

Sounds great; many thanks. 

• Thanks 1

Hope it's ok to put this on here.   It may help someone who has a friend or relative with a Blue Badge coming up for renewal or even a new application.

A friend, in another part of Kent, warned me that renewals were taking 10 weeks.  I laughed but put in an early application just in case.

I applied on April 2nd and they took the money a week later.  I heard it was being assessed, but when mine was running out in July I rang and was told it could be 16 weeks.   I have heard mine is now on its way but could be 14 days more. I think that is about 16 weeks but could be up to another 14 days.

When I last enquired by phone, quite a few weeks back, I enquired what to do about parking while waiting and was told in no uncertain terms to cut up my card as it was an offence to use it .

So applying early is the only thing to do.   I had no idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Hope it's ok to put this on here.   It may help someone who has a friend or relative with a Blue Badge coming up for renewal or even a new application.

A friend, in another part of Kent, warned me that renewals were taking 10 weeks.  I laughed but put in an early application just in case.

I applied on April 2nd and they took the money a week later.  I heard it was being assessed, but when mine was running out in July I rang and was told it could be 16 weeks.   I have heard mine is now on its way but could be 14 days more. I think that is about 16 weeks but could be up to another 14 days.

When I last enquired by phone, quite a few weeks back, I enquired what to do about parking while waiting and was told in no uncertain terms to cut up my card as it was an offence to use it .

So applying early is the only thing to do.   I had no idea.

Complain to your local Counsellor. That response is unacceptable from a public servant.

Hope it comes soon.

• Like 4