P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, grapau27 said:

That is exactly how much weight I put on after our week on Anthem.

Love the Anthem, I’m sure you and Zapp had a great week away.

We were on Virtuosa last week and also gained weight. Trying (and failing) to cut back now ready for the next one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Love the Anthem, I’m sure you and Zapp had a great week away.

We were on Virtuosa last week and also gained weight. Trying (and failing) to cut back now ready for the next one.

Thank you we had an amazing time and it was made even better by meeting Zap and his lovely wife Gail.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Same here, and if the crust was a bit burned you always got the line "crust'll mek thi air curl"

I was told it would put hairs on my chest. It was only when I was about 10, that I realised I didn't want hairs on my chest😲

I'm only glad I never ate any😂

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I often put up to 7lb on during a 7 night cruise but usually when we get home and stop drinking wine the weight gain comes off during the next week at home.

I hope you are having a great time in Italy.

LOL,I'm joining the 6 pound club after 3 consecutive weeks of family being over and dining out every other night.Dropped them off at airport today.17 more days for us before our drive back,cheers,Brian.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Today is my first day back in the local pharmacy as a covid vaccine volunteer, at least it will keep my mind occupied so that I don't keep thinking about my check-up at the hospital tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone.

Good fortune for tomorrow and thanks for volunteering. Booked our 2nd boosters for Friday. Super easy.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Today is my first day back in the local pharmacy as a covid vaccine volunteer, at least it will keep my mind occupied so that I don't keep thinking about my check-up at the hospital tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone.

I hope all is well for you tomorrow Josy. x

Avril

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Josy, you’ve been a star through the Covid story - from volunteering for the vaccine trial to returning to the jab clinic now.  Hope it goes well and everyone remembers their manners

We have flu jabs on Saturday and Covid boosters next week, so hopefully will be well equipped to cope with whatever the winter throws at us.  Planning to try to steer clear of monkey pox.  
Does everyone know that 65+ can now get boostered?  It was 75+ until yesterday, unless there were special reasons.

It’s damp here for a couple of days, then the nice weather is forecast to return.  There certainly seem to be plenty of *the kids are back in school - let’s make the most of the tail end of summer* holidaymakers around.

Whist I’m posting I’ll take time to send best wishes to Sue wrt her parents’ situation.  It’s not easy; I hope they, and you, get the help you need.

Also Sarah - hope you’re fit enough to join the forward party of your family for a half-holiday

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Good fortune for tomorrow and thanks for volunteering. Booked our 2nd boosters for Friday. Super easy.

We booked our 3rd boosters for later this month, had already booked our flu jabs for this weekend, so thought we should maybe leave at least a week between them, just in case of any reaction.

• Like 6

Yes, we wimped out and left a week.  I think I remember reading that some clinics were offering both jabs on the same day - one in each arm 😳. Imagine if you got a strong painful arm reaction to both, at the same time - very uncomfortable for a day or two

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We booked our 3rd boosters for later this month, had already booked our flu jabs for this weekend, so thought we should maybe leave at least a week between them, just in case of any reaction.

We just picked up off the news that we could book them. If they want to do the flu jab at the same time, I will ask them to do different arms. I have two requirements for jabs. Free and don't hurt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Josy, you’ve been a star through the Covid story - from volunteering for the vaccine trial to returning to the jab clinic now.  Hope it goes well and everyone remembers their manners

We have flu jabs on Saturday and Covid boosters next week, so hopefully will be well equipped to cope with whatever the winter throws at us.  Planning to try to steer clear of monkey pox.  
Does everyone know that 65+ can now get boostered?  It was 75+ until yesterday, unless there were special reasons.

It’s damp here for a couple of days, then the nice weather is forecast to return.  There certainly seem to be plenty of *the kids are back in school - let’s make the most of the tail end of summer* holidaymakers around.

Whist I’m posting I’ll take time to send best wishes to Sue wrt her parents’ situation.  It’s not easy; I hope they, and you, get the help you need.

Also Sarah - hope you’re fit enough to join the forward party of your family for a half-holiday

We were down your way earlier in the year. We stayed away from monkey world.😉

• Haha 2

Thanks for the heads up guys ,just booked our booster for the end of this month for 

us two . Will do the Flu one, going into next month and got Mrs K  to cancel the monkey 

nuts off the shopping list, can't be too careful these days .😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

LOL,I'm joining the 6 pound club after 3 consecutive weeks of family being over and dining out every other night.Dropped them off at airport today.17 more days for us before our drive back,cheers,Brian.

Thought I'd start my 800 day today to get back in shape.Our friends from Kent who drove over last week texted and said do we fancy going to our favourite restaurant tonight,me being strongwilled said yeah alright.Our other friends from Boston Lincs flew in today,so it's the usual 6 of us again,lol.

• Like 6

Hoping all goes well tomorrow Josy. Received an invite to book my booster last night, booked at the local drs this time for next Thursday. Slightly surprised to receive it yet as only 51, wondering if they’ve decided to give asthmatics earlier this time in line with the flu jab? Been out for brunch as dh is on his hols this week, made a nice change. 

• Like 1

I managed get my booster before I came home so I  am fully up to date again.  It was absolutely manic because 911 had us on their site as a walking clinic, which was not correct but we manged to get them all through but I am absolutely shattered now.  It was nice having mainly older people because that are not as rude as the younger ones, we just had one person whingeing about the NHS's inability to organise anything, he didn't have an appointment but saw the sign outside directing people to the vaccine clinic so decided that he would just come in.  I really have to bite my to tongue not to respond.

That is me done until next week because I am only available on Tuesdays at the moment because of other commitments. 

Good luck and best wishes for a painless vaccination for everyone who is planning to get boosted.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5