P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

13 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good evening everyone I’m back off my ventures on Arcadia, we had a lovely cruise some hot weather and lovely ports except missing Mykonos due to some winds they said but mainly the pilot refused us to dock so we had extra time in Rodes which we stayed the night .

The ship was looking a bit tired in some areas but didn’t bother us , the staff were fantastic , food was good and hot , ocean grill was a big let down in food wise not up to standard, we had a better steak in the meridian restaurant so cancelled our next two appointments with them .

It was very nice to meet up with some fellow cc members silkworms ( Terri) thank you very much for turning up it’s nice to meet in person.

What entertainment we went to which was most of them was all good , I think we missed about 4 shows due to tiredness.

Finally we bumped into some friends we meet on Arcadia 4 years ago 2 days into the cruise which was fantastic again to see them and in due course met up most evenings to have a pre dinner drink with them and even go to the silent disco which was great fun .

Hope you have all been well while I’ve been away , I’m trying to catch on a few pages later tonight.

Hi Sandra

yes, it was a great cruise and lovely meeting you. Sorry for your disappointment at Ocean Grill, we went twice, had cotè du beouf the

first time and lamb the second time. Both were good. Have to say it does not compare with Epicurean.

on the day of disembarkation I woke up with a dreadful sore throat.

Now I am home and just tested positive. So I suppose it was good timing,

it never interfered with the cruise.  We were really careful, good quality masks worn on all coach excursions and also where there was a crowd.

On the last day, we went to have a look at the pictures which were displayed by the art class. A man sneezed near me and I gave him a 

filthy look, he said to me ‘don’t worry I covered it’ well he didn’t. So I

think that’s when it got me.

We heard many complaints from people on freedom. I would never,

never go freedom on Arcadia, they just cannot cope with it.  And really we learned our lesson many years ago. Although we love freedom on other ships!

Terri

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

Did someone mention Christmas? It has just arrived in our house courtesy of Laithwaites. Seems earlier than ever but roll on 1st December.

IMG_2626.jpg

picture taken a few minutes ago in the Great Hall at Warners Thoresby Hall

D0B063B5-EFC8-4158-9BCD-06A89D811580.jpeg

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, pete14 said:

picture taken a few minutes ago in the Great Hall at Warners Thoresby Hall

D0B063B5-EFC8-4158-9BCD-06A89D811580.jpeg

I just hope the tree and decorations are up when we go to Littlecote House in a couple of weeks. Started the Christmas shopping today. 🎅🥳

• Like 2

Managed to get out in the garden for a while earlier, before the rain came back, to empty some pots for next spring’s daffodils and tulip bulbs. Two deer gave me a little assistance eating some remaining summer flowers heads. They were more confident than earlier in the year and stood their ground for a while before jumping back over the fence into the woods. Goodness knows what will happen when Peel Holdings start work on the land. I don’t think this will be for a couple of years yet though. They have to give the farmer sufficient notice  to move or sell his cows. There will be loads of sad children when they do. The farmer’s wife and daughters make their own ice cream, which is very popular. Too rich for me though.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I just hope the tree and decorations are up when we go to Littlecote House in a couple of weeks. Started the Christmas shopping today. 🎅🥳

The photo seems a little bit shaky so have the celebrations already started with a glass of two of sherbet... or is it just the eager anticipation of lots of good things to come?

Have a good time!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

The photo seems a little bit shaky so have the celebrations already started with a glass of two of sherbet... or is it just the eager anticipation of lots of good things to come?

Have a good time!

A bit of both I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DamianG said:

Did someone mention Christmas? It has just arrived in our house courtesy of Laithwaites. Seems earlier than ever but roll on 1st December.

IMG_2626.jpg

That's the "wine cellar feeling" company.You have to crawl on your knees behind the sofa with a bottle of wine.Sounds doable.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DamianG said:

IMG_2626.jpg

Got one too and awaiting the cheese one as well, first delivery of 3 on 29 November. Mix and match.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Phew!  I shouldn't even have asked - I apologise!  Just slightly concerned there for a moment......

I just looked the other one up. Nooooooo!

Had the Paxton one last year as well. Really excellent selection and all different again this year again. You get 3 deliveries over December so all really fresh and just a bit different.

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I just looked the other one up. Nooooooo!

Had the Paxton one last year as well. Really excellent selection and all different again this year again. You get 3 deliveries over December so all really fresh and just a bit different.

Expensive but looks lovely and from your description sounds like you get what you pay for in terms of quality. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Morning all ,hope everyone's good 😊

What a stormy night that was ,the rain was hammering down on the windows, enough to

wake us both up from our slumber. All is calm again now.

I've just been educating myself by reading up on some of the cheese companies named

above . I personally used to be a "basic" cheese eater , a bit of cheddar topped with a 

bit of onion or tomato and I was sorted . If I wanted to push the boat out , then I would 

buy some of that cheese that is made backwards ..Edam ! 😉

Whilst looking these cheeses up I discovered that as well as buying it ,you could enrol 

for a bit of cheese tasting online !   😮 Isn't technology brill ?   I hope this idea catches

on with other outlets, such as steakhouses and pubs . I can just see it  now Mrs K 

wants a pub meal just as I'm settling down to watch Flog it on telly , It would be nice 

to taste a good steak washed down with a Carlsberg ,simply by logging onto ..

www.lazysodnightoutfor2.com .I'd be well up for it tasting that online .

Whatever cheeses you go for always remember .. 

A cheese sandwich is better than complete happiness,

because nothing is better than complete happiness,

and a cheese sandwich is better than nothing.:classic_unsure:Have a good day guys :classic_love:

• Haha 13

Quite bright here at the moment but pretty windy. Rain promised around the middle of the day. Was due to be meeting friends for lunch today midway between our homes but the oil protesters on the M25 have put paid to that by closing the motorway and causing near gridlock on all the alternative routes. Guess I'll have to do some chores instead but might get out for a wine shop....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Quite bright here at the moment but pretty windy. Rain promised around the middle of the day. Was due to be meeting friends for lunch today midway between our homes but the oil protesters on the M25 have put paid to that by closing the motorway and causing near gridlock on all the alternative routes. Guess I'll have to do some chores instead but might get out for a wine shop....

Just send some snipers out there for a bit of practice.  Hose the road down, job done. 😇

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Idiots,don't they realise the pollution they're causing by this.

I think they should have their mobile phones taken off them as they contain and are 

made of those nasty hydro carbons they dislike so much .

Possibly take job seekers off them or name and shame them as I know where I worked 

they would have been sacked pronto .

Too much time on their hands ,they should be put on enforced litter picking , if they are 

so keen on saving our planet .

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe just leave them up on the gantries and let the traffic through.  Eventually they will run out of food, water and adult nappies; get cold and wet and want to go home.  Via a lift to the nearest Police station to change into a grey sweat shirt and joggers and a get a dishevelled photograph of themselves.

• Like 5