P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 hours ago, binman2 said:

Well day didn't start to well diagnosed with prostate cancer stage 2 having to have it removed so had to cancel Aurora cruise in July payment due in 3 weeks so darn't risk not being fit hanging on in hope for ventura September 

So sorry to hear this Binman. I hope you get your operation quickly and you recover well. September on Ventura will give you something to look forward to. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 6

7 hours ago, binman2 said:

Well day didn't start to well diagnosed with prostate cancer stage 2 having to have it removed so had to cancel Aurora cruise in July payment due in 3 weeks so darn't risk not being fit hanging on in hope for ventura September 

Look on the positive side with stage 2 having an almost 100% survival rate after 5 years. I was diagnosed stage 1 two years ago and still cruising.

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 9

Woke up this morning to 2 inches of snow. Apparently light rain later but i am not going anywhere until i can safely get to the bus stop. Only lacking in bread with 1/4 of a french stick left but have pasta/porridge/cereal as a substitute and 16 litres of long life milk

• Like 9

Good Morning Everyone

It's been snowing overnight in London but has now turned to a horrible, windy, cold sleet. I think it will probably wash away any underlying slow but it remains slippery underfoot.  Teddy reluctantly went outside for his morning wee then raced back like a greyhound! He was totally affronted at having to get his paws wet.

I hope you all have a safe day. Keep warm and well.

Best wishes. Jane xxx

• Like 12

12 hours ago, zap99 said:

We went shopping in Morrisons yesterday. 2 full English breakfasts for £10. I wonder if they are thinking of a budget hotel business?.

We used to buy 2"Flying Start"  breakfasts  before heading off for Southampton which 

kept us going until our next stop on the way down there .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

but i am not going anywhere until i can safely get to the bus stop. 

Same here Dave.   I'm no chancing it either.   A few years ago that amount of snow wouldn't have bothered me, but it does now.   Its a shame I will miss the fun and company of my Craft Class but better to be safe.  Might have to try to go for an X-ray later if I get a call.  

• Like 6

Good morning. We had snow on the grass earlier, but it has gone now and just heavy rain/sleet coming down.

Just taken Freddie for a walk and it was very muddy underfoot - just as well he is having a groom tomorrow!

Stay safe everyone - especially if you are in the snowy parts.

Gill

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

It's been snowing overnight in London  Teddy reluctantly went outside for his morning wee then raced back like a greyhound! He was totally affronted at having to get his paws wet.

I hope you all have a safe day. Keep warm and well.

Best wishes. Jane xxx

18 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Good morning. We had snow on the grass earlier, but it has gone now and just heavy rain/sleet coming down.

Just taken Freddie for a walk and it was very muddy underfoot - just as well he is having a groom tomorrow!

Stay safe everyone - especially if you are in the snowy parts.

Gill

dogsnow.jpg.d1f0c356c773f1e0324e888190cfd42b.jpg

• Haha 17

No snow or ice here but it is cold 3° so a day inside now that I have done the few outside tasks that I had to do.

@indiana123 what do you do at your craft class, I go to a craft group on Mondays where I make cards or I take my cross stitch that I don't seem to be making much headway with at the moment.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

what do you do at your craft class,

It was a charity I stumbled upon when I walked past a room at the Leisure Centre.  They let me join their class as a supporter.  It was a charity to maintain good mental health.  Although I'm not a service user it has done me  so much good, especially since the accident and dodgy mobility.  Its been amazing.  We also did river trips,  theatres and lunches sometimes.  Its mostly a case of chatting and, more importantly laughing.  To many it is the social highlight of the week.

First was Art Deco, tracing on black paper then painting and framing.  I cried with my first one embellished with pearls and stones.  Now it is cards and things like dream catchers.  I get in a bit of a mess with glitter much to the amusement of the rest of them.

Sadly Gov funding has been decreased and our group have to close.  The Council say we can keep the room once a week and be a social group but I have my doubts as to whether it will work without a Tutor or leaders.  Myself and others can listen and give our thoughts but no way are we qualified to give proper mental health advice.

Thanks for asking Josy 1953.   Oooeer didn't mean to rabbit on!!!🤣

• Like 9

@binman2  I was sorry to read of your diagnosis yesterday, and hope everything goes well for your recovery. Having read davecttr's post to you, I'm quite sure it will, and that you can continue to enjoy many more cruises.

My very best to you and take care.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
spelling
  • Like 10

Morning all,catching the 6.20 train Saturday to Calais and then the 6 hr drive to Obernai.Woke to the news of a general strike and riots all over France.Cos they're raising the pension age to 64,Christ ,if they had our system there would be beheadings in the streets of Paris again.Just a 1 day strike hopefully.Brian.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,catching the 6.20 train Saturday to Calais and then the 6 hr drive to Obernai.Woke to the news of a general strike and riots all over France.Cos they're raising the pension age to 64,Christ ,if they had our system there would be beheadings in the streets of Paris again.Just a 1 day strike hopefully.Brian.

Best of luck, and stay away from any trouble 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A little overcast here and a very nippy -1c with snow forecast for today and tomorrow. It's hiberation time again, the perfect excuse to sit in the warm with my feet up, a good book, chatting on CC with a hot coffee by my side.😊

Have a good day all, keep warm, and take extra care if you need to be out and about.x

Avril

• Like 9

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Good luck, from my experience working in France I think that the French love to strike and will often block roads, particularly near to ports and airports.

• Thanks 1