P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I left it in the fridge for an hour but it can be used straight away.

1 and 3/4 cups of self raising flour

1 cup live plain yoghurt

ned lightly

roll out thin and top as required

oil the baking tray

gas 6 for about 20 minutes

I made 4 small thin pizza with that measure rather than one large one and baked 2 at a time

Hi EB, send us some pics if poss,sounds good,Brian.

A drive up to monte this morning where the cable car stops my plan was to walk around the gardens up there but other half didn’t want to , watched the basket men push the people down the road, it’s funny how 20 years ago we didn’t take anything in and couldn’t remember seeing things at the top but it was a P&O excursion and you’re just following everyone else and rushing to get to the basket ride down, we had a good walk around and went inside a church can’t remember what it was called, lovely sunshine up there early before we left the clouds were coming in then back to the hotel for some lengths in the pool then onto Reid’s for afternoon tea which was lovely, we then went to our sister hotel where we can use their facilities, lovely pool and we sat and watched the two ships that were in today sail out . Tomorrow is a boat trip to hopefully see some whales and dolphins and then more scary driving and more new words to learn 🫣 have a lovely day tomorrow everyone and stay warm inside out of trouble.

21FE8876-3130-4203-9055-8BB7CF4862C7.jpeg

E6BE56BF-1CCD-4F9C-86FB-712B59ACEC94.jpeg

00021F9E-221F-49DE-9A87-8070B9A195D4.jpeg

42EECA35-C7C4-48D9-A510-14FE715C6F73.jpeg

2B5E66B7-D43F-45EC-8718-8F7BCD7AFA9A.jpeg

2DE6ADB5-6423-4852-B079-9AEBF463D658.jpeg

BFE7F275-AD96-4E99-AE5D-F25730B6CEAF.jpeg

E9995972-2C0B-4139-8BCF-0DF5CFF6C2F8.jpeg

1CE5F7D7-F8D3-4F6B-87AC-9607CCCA5505.jpeg

9661592D-4F62-43FD-9250-D3E238CAA49A.jpeg

6C6804D6-715B-41BE-B73A-B4D7054DD9B1.jpeg

9AC8EA17-7EC6-4D5B-B6BB-EC91CABEAC32.jpeg

B299AA79-A008-4BAB-824D-1576CC2C71B7.jpeg

D756BEC5-106D-426A-B704-BE776F70A717.jpeg

2B341E72-98B5-4D3C-9FD2-2D69D0E8CBBD.jpeg

81487937-0AF4-4659-AF14-9A8509B84D34.jpeg

• Like 21

Lovely photos, Purdey.  Great that you had such an enjoyable day, and your pictures have brightened up my (very) early morning.  Yes, one of those nights - but I have had about 5 hours so not too bad.  Hope the other insomniacs are asleep.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Lovely photos, Purdey.  Great that you had such an enjoyable day, and your pictures have brightened up my (very) early morning.  Yes, one of those nights - but I have had about 5 hours so not too bad.  Hope the other insomniacs are asleep.

Good morning @lincslady. I should gave logged on earlier. I've had one of those nights too. My dog woke me up at 3.30 am as he needed to go out to eat grass! He does that whenever he has a tummy ache. So I had to get up, dressed, and take him out. It's very spooky at 3.30 am! 

@Purdey16Lovely lovely photos Sandra. Thanks for posting. That afternoon tea looks yummy.

@yorkshirephilWelcome home Phil. I'm glad you and Mrs YP had a good holiday. I'm going to research some of the solo cabins you mentioned.

@EglesbrechAre you feeling better now? Your pizza post sounded much more upbeat (I'm going to try that base) than you have been of late. I hope you're in recovery now.

I've just been watching all the snow pictures on the news this morning. It looks treacherous in some parts of the country (nothing but rain in London - weve been so lucky) so please keep safe everyone and drive carefully if you have to go out.  

Have a good weekend all. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 7

Hope the other insomniacs are asleep.

This one's up and about.  Been awake a couple of hours.  Something I didn't expect.. I have definitely improved a little since being put on Vit D.  I looked it up and apparently it can help sleep.  

• Like 3

Unfortuately not lincslady. I've been up since 4.20am. This perishing knee will not let me rest. A beautiful snow scene this morning, very peaceful. No traffic and the buses are cancelled, but the brave birds managed a short little song earlier.

Avril

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Unfortuately not lincslady. I've been up since 4.20am. This perishing knee will not let me rest. A beautiful snow scene this morning, very peaceful. No traffic and the buses are cancelled, but the brave birds managed a short little song earlier.

Avril

Sorry to hear this Avril. There's nothing like pain to disturb a good sleep - and it always seems so much worse in the small hours. I do hope you feel better soon. Jane xx

• Like 6

@Beckett

So sorry to hear Teddy was feeling unwell in the night. Hope he is ok now?

Freddie woke me at 3am to go out in the garden, but at that time of the night I just stand at the door and shine a torch on him as he does what he needs too……🤣

• Like 8

Good morning everyone, like some other I have been up since 5 o'clock this morning so I think that also qualify for the insomnia group.

We still have plenty of snow and more is falling at the moment so it looks like another indoor day.

Take care if you have to go out today.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

A drive up to monte this morning where the cable car stops my plan was to walk around the gardens up there but other half didn’t want to , watched the basket men push the people down the road, it’s funny how 20 years ago we didn’t take anything in and couldn’t remember seeing things at the top but it was a P&O excursion and you’re just following everyone else and rushing to get to the basket ride down, we had a good walk around and went inside a church can’t remember what it was called, lovely sunshine up there early before we left the clouds were coming in then back to the hotel for some lengths in the pool then onto Reid’s for afternoon tea which was lovely, we then went to our sister hotel where we can use their facilities, lovely pool and we sat and watched the two ships that were in today sail out . Tomorrow is a boat trip to hopefully see some whales and dolphins and then more scary driving and more new words to learn 🫣 have a lovely day tomorrow everyone and stay warm inside out of trouble.

21FE8876-3130-4203-9055-8BB7CF4862C7.jpeg

E6BE56BF-1CCD-4F9C-86FB-712B59ACEC94.jpeg

00021F9E-221F-49DE-9A87-8070B9A195D4.jpeg

42EECA35-C7C4-48D9-A510-14FE715C6F73.jpeg

2B5E66B7-D43F-45EC-8718-8F7BCD7AFA9A.jpeg

2DE6ADB5-6423-4852-B079-9AEBF463D658.jpeg

BFE7F275-AD96-4E99-AE5D-F25730B6CEAF.jpeg

E9995972-2C0B-4139-8BCF-0DF5CFF6C2F8.jpeg

1CE5F7D7-F8D3-4F6B-87AC-9607CCCA5505.jpeg

9661592D-4F62-43FD-9250-D3E238CAA49A.jpeg

6C6804D6-715B-41BE-B73A-B4D7054DD9B1.jpeg

9AC8EA17-7EC6-4D5B-B6BB-EC91CABEAC32.jpeg

B299AA79-A008-4BAB-824D-1576CC2C71B7.jpeg

D756BEC5-106D-426A-B704-BE776F70A717.jpeg

2B341E72-98B5-4D3C-9FD2-2D69D0E8CBBD.jpeg

81487937-0AF4-4659-AF14-9A8509B84D34.jpeg

Fantastic photos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Same with me this morning. 4.30 awoke with both hands with intense pins and needles. Posture plays a big part and worse at night. On my back with arms at side is best but you move around at night. A lot better during the day when a lot of times I don't notice it. Typing is bad and eating or attempting to prod a touch screen can give intense pins and needles in the fingers. Apparently it is the nerve endings

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Same with me this morning. 4.30 awoke with both hands with intense pins and needles. Posture plays a big part and worse at night. On my back with arms at side is best but you move around at night. A lot better during the day when a lot of times I don't notice it. Typing is bad and eating or attempting to prod a touch screen can give intense pins and needles in the fingers. Apparently it is the nerve endings

Oh that sounds horrible…….

• Like 3

My niece just rang to see if we are ok and if I need her to get anything when she goes shopping this morning.  She said that she has a list from her mum and thought that she may as well do my shopping at the same time since her 4WD has no problems handling the weather.  Fortunately I shopped on Monday so we don't need anything but the thought was nice.

• Like 8

No insomnia here, just got up at 08:30, we have a good foot of snow and won't be going anywhere today, and it is still snowing. It is a long time since we have had snow so deep. Keep safe those that do have to travel. We dropped our luggage off yesterday when we got home then put the heating on and went and did the shopping as we were on an amber snow warning, good move me thinks, albeit we won't starve after three weeks at sea.

• Like 13

Sorry to read so many people were short of sleep - it is especially rotten when a pain wakes you, or you just don't feel well.  I am supposed to be having a few days away with family in Cumbria from tomorrow, being taken by car, so this means the A66 route which may well be a problem.  I will be disappointed if I can't go, but lots of worse things happen.

Take care everyone, and don't go out in the snowy areas if you don't have to.

• Like 11

I awoke at around 4 this morning, think it was gritting lorry going past, there was no snow then as last nights rain had melted most of yesterdays 2 inches worth, when I got up just before 7 an inch of snow had fallen, was snowing quite heavily and quite windy, in the last hour it has stopped, so cleared path in readiness for Tesco delivery and decorator. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

No insomnia here, just got up at 08:30, we have a good foot of snow and won't be going anywhere today, and it is still snowing. It is a long time since we have had snow so deep. Keep safe those that do have to travel. We dropped our luggage off yesterday when we got home then put the heating on and went and did the shopping as we were on an amber snow warning, good move me thinks, albeit we won't starve after three weeks at sea.

We also have a foot of snow, it looks quite pretty but it's very disruptive.

• Like 5

Less than half inch of snow here in South Cheshire and it hasn’t settled at all on roads and pavements. We are quite low lying here so falling snow tends to largely melt before it gets to ground level at these temperatures.

I often struggle to get a good nights sleep but since returning 2 weeks ago after a rather strenuous 4 week tour of South America I’m sleeping really well. The down side is that I’m waking up feeling sick for some reason that lasts for much of the morning, being a male I can’t be pregnant 😊

• Like 6

Slight covering of snow here but roads clear so life carrying on as normal here. My daughter lives in a village area above Halifax with a steep road to get anywhere, she can’t get out this morning. 

Our spaniel has to have a check up at the vets this morning before they will prescribe any more medication for her.  She has a long term health condition called Syringomyelia where fluid filled cysts form within the spinal cord. The underlying issue is that the brain is basically too big for her skull causing pressure.

Hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are doing

Michelle

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I decided that I would make some cheese and ham scones to have with soup for lunch.  DH prefers savoury scones rather than bread when we have leek and potato soup.20230310_100100.thumb.jpg.e7cfb973ab89749e0949feed58d02b4b.jpg

They look lovely 

Michelle

• Like 2