P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

After three months of continual back and forth I have reluctantly had to cancel our December,18 night cruise. It was hard, but Frank's back and walking problems have been slowly getting worse and is now waiting for a hospital appointment, which will probably be later than sooner. We already know what the problem is, but it's to see if anything more can be done to help. I was on hold for 40 mins this morning, but surprisingly I got a refund on some of the deposit. Something to do with an overpayment of deposit🤔 Confused, but I won't argue.

I hope everyone is well. x

Avril

That's such a shame Avril and sorry to hear that Frank is suffering. No matter how good the medical facilities are on board I would always rather be in my home surroundings just in case. At least you've got something back on your deposit - they'll probably ask you for that back next time you book!  Be well both and best wishes. Jane xxx

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

After three months of continual back and forth I have reluctantly had to cancel our December,18 night cruise. It was hard, but Frank's back and walking problems have been slowly getting worse and is now waiting for a hospital appointment, which will probably be later than sooner. We already know what the problem is, but it's to see if anything more can be done to help. I was on hold for 40 mins this morning, but surprisingly I got a refund on some of the deposit. Something to do with an overpayment of deposit🤔 Confused, but I won't argue.

Avril

Oh, that is such a shame Avril, but I’m sure you feel relieved that the decision has now been made and actioned.

Take care both of you.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Aberdeen South harbour (cost 400 million) can now take larger ships.. They put on a full pipe band and dancers for Aida coming in today.

The guests are in the city or going on tours to Balmoral, whisky tastings, Glams castle etc.

The are 25 bookings for the port already this year.

Nice to see ports opening up to ships rather than restricting them.

I've become a fan of the British Isles cruises, so I would welcome Aberdeen as a new port for me to visit. I've noticed that Ambassador has Aberdeen and Dundee on their itineraries for 2024, but unfortunately neither sail from Tilbury, which is my Ambassador preference 

• Like 5

Avril

Sorry to hear that, Avril. At least the decision has been made, and you won't have to keep thinking about it anymore. 

• Like 4

Avril

That’s very disappointing for both of you, Avril, and we’re both sorry to hear it. Better safe than sorry though, which says it all, and hope Frank gets the appointment he needs soon.

Harry

• Like 6

@Adawn47 that’s a real pity but best to make the decision now before paying in full.

Depending on how Frank is feeling could you book something shorter and UK based just to have something to look forward to? Or perhaps a last minute jaunt at a time when he feels a little better.

Fred Olsen do some shorter sailings with a lot of scenic cruising so no need to rush on and off the ship to actually see things. Lots out there but it of course depends on how you both feel about it at the moment.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

@Adawn47 that’s a real pity but best to make the decision now before paying in full.

Depending on how Frank is feeling could you book something shorter and UK based just to have something to look forward to? Or perhaps a last minute jaunt at a time when he feels a little better.

Fred Olsen do some shorter sailings with a lot of scenic cruising so no need to rush on and off the ship to actually see things. Lots out there but it of course depends on how you both feel about it at the moment.

All good ideas Eglesbrech and ones that we have been considering, hence the long time coming to the final decison. On our last cruise in November 2019 he was begining to have one or two problems then. the worse being moving around the ship when it was even a bit choppy. It threw his back out of line and caused pain, so he had to take his meds and lay down for a couple of hours. Ultimately the decision had to be his.

We've decided to see what the news is after his appointment and then decide what to do after that. 

Avril

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

All good ideas Eglesbrech and ones that we have been considering, hence the long time coming to the final decison. On our last cruise in November 2019 he was begining to have one or two problems then. the worse being moving around the ship when it was even a bit choppy. It threw his back out of line and caused pain, so he had to take his meds and lay down for a couple of hours. Ultimately the decision had to be his.

We've decided to see what the news is after his appointment and then decide what to do after that. 

Avril

🤞it’s soon.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

So sorry to hear that Frank is struggling to walk and that you have had to cancel your cruise.  I hope that he doesn't have to wait too long for an appointment and that there is something that can be done to improve his situation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Sorry to hear Frank is struggling, it is no fun, hopefully he will be seen soon. 

• Like 7

It’s nice to see some familiar folks popping back in now and again but there are folks who just vanish as well.

Still haven’t seen Kalos who as others have said is hopefully off on a well deserved holiday.

@Bazrat used to be a regular contributor and I haven’t seen him for quite a while. There are others to like Ann (can’t remember full screen name) and probably many more that others will remember.

Let’s hope they are all well and just not so focused on cruising recently.

• Like 8

And another random thought. I don’t like when people change their personal profile picture on a regular basis. I may not remember names but I do remember the little pictures (sign of old age).

Someone on Princess his almost the same picture as mine but not quite. Mine was taken of a sunflower in my front garden and has an added extra which I bet none of you noticed.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

And another random thought. I don’t like when people change their personal profile picture on a regular basis. I may not remember names but I do remember the little pictures (sign of old age).

Someone on Princess his almost the same picture as mine but not quite. Mine was taken of a sunflower in my front garden and has an added extra which I bet none of you noticed.

I  have changed my profile photo a couple of times, I thought that a photo of myself growing older would frighten people so my current one is of a pink sunset taken last summer before that I had a photo of a peony in my garden.

• Like 4

Just now, Josy1953 said:

I  have changed my profile photo a couple of times, I thought that a photo of myself growing older would frighten people so my current one is of a pink sunset taken last summer before that I had a photo of a peony in my garden.

Yes I remember the flower. The sunset is pretty.

@grapau27 changes his regularly.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

A bee and I think maybe a fly

Avril

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A bee and I think maybe a fly

Avril

A bee and a large lump of pollen he was carrying about gathered from the apple blossom.

We get lots and lots of bees because of the bee bush and the biodiversity part of the garden (a polite way of describing the messy bit at the back we leave to wild flowers and hedgehogs. 

• Like 4

We have been putting up bunting and flags in our road today in preparation for the street party that is being organised.  

I think that it is a little early but the organisers think it is needed to be done today while it is warm and sunny.

Is anyone else having a street party ?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Sending you both our best wishes Avril.

I hope Frank gets the treatment soon that he needs.

Graham.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have been putting up bunting and flags in our road today in preparation for the street party that is being organised.  

I think that it is a little early but the organisers think it is needed to be done today while it is warm and sunny.

No but we are going to a very large one on a ship. Promised lots of bunting, flags and “specialities” like fish and chips and trifle.

We have our union t-shirts and red, white and blue accessories for the occasion.

Edited by Eglesbrech
  • Like 4

In St David’s today, visited Bishop’s Palace and Cathedral, lots of people in red jackets, discovered they were Hurtigruten passengers from ship anchored in Fishguard. Not sure why they were wearing these red Helly Hansen jackets as there wasn’t a cloud in the sky and temp was 18C, perhaps it was so they could be identified, if that was the case certainly worked you couldn’t miss them.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes I remember the flower. The sunset is pretty.

@grapau27 changes his regularly.

I like to change my Avatar picture when I have a better picture to put on.

I get lots of notifications daily so hopefully changing my avatar doesn't seem to stop them.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

No street party here, some flags up in square, but they were put up pre St George’s Day. I think Parish Council has organised an event at one of local primary schools on Monday, but I will be mowing the lawn then, preparing beds for vegetable planting and sowing and lots of weeding.I am sure the King will approve given he is a keen gardener.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We haven’t got a street party but our cluster of six properties are having a “tea party” with fizz on Sunday afternoon!

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Wow! You must have some wonderful memories Graham - to treasure forever.  Jane xxx

Thank you Jane.

We used to always take our camcorder and have lots of DVDs.

We just take photos on our phone now and it makes it easy to post some on here.

Graham xx.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

No but we are going to a very large one on a ship. Promised lots of bunting, flags and “specialities” like fish and chips and trifle.

We have our union t-shirts and red, white and blue accessories for the occasion.

Enjoy the cruise

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1