P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

I have been looking at the Hilton at Bristol Airport for January and it is the same price on most of the sites.

Just did a dummy booking 13 Jan £132  normal. Honors discount £125 with 

breakfast thrown in . But you have to sign up for that .

That's at Hampton by Hilton Bristol Airport but cannot see the cheaper on comparison sites  like booking dot etc .

Some good deals around if you book direct like Best western are giving free breakfasts for room only price at the moment .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Just did a dummy booking 13 Jan £132  normal. Honors discount £125 with 

breakfast thrown in . But you have to sign up for that .

That's at Hampton by Hilton Bristol Airport but cannot see the cheaper on comparison sites  like booking dot etc .

Some good deals around if you book direct like Best western are giving free breakfasts for room only price at the moment .

I've just booked the Holiday Inn Southampton by Mayflower Park direct their best Premium Super King room for £99 we added breakfast so it was £113 at the end of November. Their room rates for that date start at £68.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 3

Just had a great 2 hours at Whitebridge Wines in Stone for their 40th anniversary wine tasting. Met a lovely couple and we ended up talking about PO cruises. They lived locally. I asked if they were part of CC and they said no but they knew people locally who were. One was called Sue and the other Julie.

Hello to whoever you are 😉

Am now going to lie down having tasted 40 different wines ............................ 

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Am now going to lie down having tasted 40 different wines ............................ 

Funny how alcohol makes people want to lie down .

I used to love a good drinking session on a night out .  
I remember our neighbour started cutting the lawn as I tried to sleep it off 
the very next morning .......
I totally ignored him and let him cut the lawn around me .

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

29 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Just had a great 2 hours at Whitebridge Wines in Stone for their 40th anniversary wine tasting. Met a lovely couple and we ended up talking about PO cruises. They lived locally. I asked if they were part of CC and they said no but they knew people locally who were. One was called Sue and the other Julie.

Hello to whoever you are 😉

We usually go to the Whitebridge Wines tasting but tonight was a bowling night, so it was a no go for us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I put in a random March 2024 date at the Holiday Inn by Mayflower Park Southampton and the prices are from £88 for a room and £223 including breakfast and up to 15 days parking.

That jumps up with the parking!!

7 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We usually go to the Whitebridge Wines tasting but tonight was a bowling night, so it was a no go for us.

What a shame. Next time perhaps eh ! Christmas we can try to be there at the same time ! We may be able to entice Mr and Mrs Pete14 too 😉 An informal gathering !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I find it easier to book and then tell him where and when we are going.

It's the considerate thing to do Josy. They have so many important jobs that it's nice to take some pressure off them when you can😇

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
oops
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's the considerate thing to do Josy. They have so many important jobs that it's nice to take some pressure off them when you can😇

Avril

There are some wonderful ,kind ,caring and considerate people in this world !

My wife being one of them 🙂

Whilst I sit reading posts on here ,she has made me tea & toast .

Then she said " I'm going in the garden ,to tidy up the flowers .See you in an hour and we can 

have another cuppa."

I told her what a wonderful woman she is but as I hadn't finished this cuppa yet ,I will give 

her a shout when I'm ready for the next one .🙃😉🤣

• Haha 13

30 minutes ago, kalos said:

There are some wonderful ,kind ,caring and considerate people in this world !

My wife being one of them 🙂

Whilst I sit reading posts on here ,she has made me tea & toast .

Then she said " I'm going in the garden ,to tidy up the flowers .See you in an hour and we can 

have another cuppa."

I told her what a wonderful woman she is but as I hadn't finished this cuppa yet ,I will give 

her a shout when I'm ready for the next one .🙃😉🤣

We had a late night and we're out for lunch later today so it was a light breakfast of toast and coffee.

Breakfast on the patio. First round of toast was perfection... it was then my turn... to toast the second slices... then I came to an earth shattering realisation...

Don't butter the bread before it goes in the toaster. 😟

• Haha 14

29 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

First round of toast was perfection... it was then my turn... to toast the second slices... then I came to an earth shattering realisation...

Don't butter the bread before it goes in the toaster. 😟

Mrs K said to me she regrets getting me a blender for my birthday ..

Why not  I asked as I took another sip of my toast 🙃

• Haha 14

In Sevenoaks today,my SIL is taking me to Silverstone tomorrow along with my Grandson.The family had a whipround for me last year for my 70th.Hopefully weather and traffic wont be too bad.

• Like 7

Quite a few Ninja fans in here, I think. New to Ninja ourselves, but just discovered this a couple of weeks back when Ninja were having a sale.  It's an all-in-one BBQ grill, smoker and air fryer and VERY impressive - 3 smoked whole chickens cooked outside already in it, apart from all the other stuff, and my very keen cook of a wife is deeply in love with it!

She always fancied a smoker, but they're very expensive and rather limited - this does that, and a whole heap more.  Sorry to sound like an advert, but it's genuinely one of the most impressive and useful things we've bought for quite a while.  Anyone else using one?

71BdGANpcaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 3

Funnily enough, just bought a Ninja AF300 yesterday, used it for the first time yesterday evening and looking forward to using it more or less everyday to replace my kaput oven. The replacement oven I was monitoring, Bosch went up by £80 overnight from Tuesday to Wednesday, how can such ginormous percentage increases be justified, especially when you consider we are supposedly in July sales territory. Anyhow thanks to all on here who gave their input on the benefits of air fryers when I asked the question some time ago.

• Like 1

Good afternoon the temperatures now 25.c +  so staying in the shade watching tennis .

Talking of food , someone on here, sometime back has been giving out advice that 

simply is not true , so I thought to best warn others about this . 😡

To give out such false information is completely out of order and should not be allowed .

Sometime back I was advised ,home grown strawberries are the best and if you want them 

to be tastier and more juicy to put horse manure on them .

It does nothing to improve the taste at all !

I personally will be going back to double cream and ice cream in future   !!!

Enjoy 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

It was "sisters" lunch today but we had 2 gatecrashers, my niece told her mum that since one sister couldn't make it she would come and pretend to be a "very young sister" and one sister had her 10 month old granddaughter for the day because her daughter had an orientation day at the school that she will be teaching in next term.

• Like 4

Anyone who read my recent comments on our May Ventura cruise may remember how disappointed we were with the quality and presentation of food in the MDR throughout the cruise. We lodged a complaint onboard and wrote to P&O on our return. We have now had a telephone call from someone in the Executive office. She acknowledged that there were issues with the MDR on Ventura which they are apparently addressing. As compensation  we have been given some additional OBS for our upcoming Aurora cruise. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Have had a lovely day at Tatton Park and now staying at the Manor House Alsager over night. For anyone local it is worth checking it out on TripAdvisor. 

Cheers everyone20230707_153758.thumb.jpg.85395f0c42f7b420c467fb79a21781fa.jpg

England not Wales?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Will post as soon as info becomes available. Perhaps we can have a CC mini bus so no one has to drive!!!

Sounds a good idea but I think Josy lives in the opposite direction. 

• Like 1