P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Been a warm day, 24C and sunshine, managed to build my new metal raised bed, 72 nut and bolts to put it together ends of my fingers a little sore. It’s slightly wider than the old wooden one and doesn’t quite slot in between back of greenhouse and an old low wall. Rather than move the greenhouse I will demolish the wall which is 3 bricks high snd 2m long. A job for tomorrow, then site raised bed and refill, then plant cabbage and cauliflower plants I have in pots, 12 of each, should see us through the winter providing slugs don’t get them. 

We had slug problems the last few years then the magpies moved in. They patrol ever morning and evening and eat the blighters!

The Robins eat the ants!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, kalos said:

You have got my Mrs saying Wow at your photo Graham🙂

Nothing to do with your butty as nice as it looks .

A lot of times we can be going out in the car ,switch on ignition and it's there ,look at

her phone and it's there .

I am talking about the time 11:11   Not sure what it means ,that many things, but one 

I read says "means all is well " and with a sea view like that, sat with your loved one 

gazing out to sea munching on your butties .. I guess that explains it 😍😀🙂

Graham was Going to get their brekky in the 7:11, but they were running a bit late. We have booked a late break to the South of France. DW doesn't like it too hot. I said leave it until September... Oi! Know all. Its 34 degrees in Toulouse on Monday....whoops.😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

We had slug problems the last few years then the magpies moved in. They patrol ever morning and evening and eat the blighters!

The Robins eat the ants!

There was a young woman who swallowed a fly.....don't know what happened to her.🤔

• Haha 1

We have had a lovely sunny day and now sitting outside enjoying the sun on the side patio.

I had a lovely conversation with the 3 children who live in the close,  I was on the way back from my walk when the girls stopped me so that I could be formally introduced to Jacob who's parents have started to let him play outside of their garden.  I was introduced as "This is the lady who lives in the little house and gives us the pencils and things that teenagers don't want".  The little house refers to the fact that we have the only bungalow and I cleared out my 13 year old great niece's craft stuff last week and gave the contents to the twins.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well I have been harvesting green apples this afternoon. The September variety are more than ready and the October reds are well on their way as well with all the sunshine.

I will get out the mandolin and make thin sweet apple crisps which OH loves.

I also have all the ingredients for apple chutney but that will be for next week. I make a vast “caldron” of that, it takes hours to sterilise the jars!

Plums have been poor so I’m having to buy some to make plum preserve to go with cheese over the winter. Some small pleasures in life are just essential and that’s one of them.

Autumn is definitely here. It has been really hot today but last night the temperature dropped like a brick.

Isn’t it strange with plum trees, last year I had not one plum, but this year I’ve just picked nearly

30lbs off one tree, all destoned and now in the freezer!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well I have been harvesting green apples this afternoon. The September variety are more than ready and the October reds are well on their way as well with all the sunshine.

I will get out the mandolin and make thin sweet apple crisps which OH loves.

I also have all the ingredients for apple chutney but that will be for next week. I make a vast “caldron” of that, it takes hours to sterilise the jars!

Plums have been poor so I’m having to buy some to make plum preserve to go with cheese over the winter. Some small pleasures in life are just essential and that’s one of them.

Autumn is definitely here. It has been really hot today but last night the temperature dropped like a brick.

Have spent the last 2 hours researching ports for our first Caribbean cruise and sorting ports and excursions out.

Booked a golf cart for Bonaire direct thanks to recommendations from CC members and it took about 5 minutes for our booking to be sorted and all paper work and info to come back to us. And a personal message from Bonaire. Unreal that you can sort this all out with someone across the other side of the world on a Saturday afternoon in such a short time. 

Anyway, getting excited now as I get the chance to see their donkey sanctuary !!!!!!

A long way to go to see donkeys I know, but it'll probably be the highlight of our cruise !!!!!

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Isn’t it strange with plum trees, last year I had not one plum, but this year I’ve just picked nearly

We have lots of apples and few plums. Yes it is strange how it changes year in year.

Enjoy your fruit!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sat watching Bournemouth evening air show on a live link .

The Typhoon is just about to break the peacefulness of the sunset .

Some of the aircraft have been flying over us…… 

didn’t see the Typhoon, but certainly heard it!

Edited by Angel57
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Last couple of years we've been inundated with pears, but this year have hardly any. OH has an allotment and had that many beans last year we couldn't eat them or give them away fast enough, but this year it's a very poor show, however the raspberries are coming thick and fast!

21 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Last couple of years we've been inundated with pears, but this year have hardly any. OH has an allotment and had that many beans last year we couldn't eat them or give them away fast enough, but this year it's a very poor show, however the raspberries are coming thick and fast!

Yes bucket loads of rasps. They like warm and wet.

11 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

I saw the typhoon going over it did make a racket my dog is deaf but heard that.

My dog surprisingly ignored the typhoon and yet he will bark constantly when the weekly fireworks go off - and they are 3 miles away 🤣🐶

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

I cannot believe what a beautifully sunny day it has been here (at last) and looks like we have the prospect of five more! 😎🌞

Just as the schools got back ....................... groan

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Some of the aircraft have been flying over us…… 

didn’t see it, but certainly heard it!

34 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

I saw the typhoon going over it did make a racket my dog is deaf but heard that.

Recording of last nights  display ,the afterburners look stunning in the dark sky .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcltgtAMl9A&t=2393s

Used to love seeing this live at Sunderland and once at Bournemouth.

Sadly Sunderland show is no more .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 5

Good morning all I am awake early so thought I’d drop a few lines and pictures of yesterdays boarding, travel into Southampton was horrendous traffic along the main road leading to the mayflower terminal a standstill really and we were caught in it until we changed lanes to go to the QE II terminal which wasn’t so busy , I really felt sorry for everyone going to the mayflower it just looked gridlock in all directions, anyway we got to the terminal about 10.15 , 15 minutes late by my schedule 😂 got our cases loaded up which was a good organised line and straight into terminal to check in which was also fast all they wanted was just passports, we collected our medallions and sat in the platinum and elite area for 5 minutes then at 10.45 we were called to board, so once on board it was a quick March up to the sanctuary to book our sunbeds for the 4 sea days we got, by then there was only a few left to pick from but we we’re still very pleased to get two and after us many people were disappointed but we did help a couple in a wheelchair get to the sanctuary as quick as us buy guiding them and helping with the lifts and getting a place in the Que for them and I think they got the last beds , so when that was done off we went to vines to get a nice glass of bubbly and meet our favourite bar tender again and then that’s when i started to chill a bit . Some photos of our inside cabin which had a lot more cupboard space than our suite in June so very happy with that and No hanging dresses on the walls , and some pictures of the sanctuary which if anyone is interested is $20 pp for the morning / afternoon or $40 pp for the whole day . If you want the cabanas it’s $240 a day 😬

IMG_3844.jpeg

IMG_3845.jpeg

IMG_3846.jpeg

IMG_3848.jpeg

IMG_3854.jpeg

IMG_3855.jpeg

IMG_3862.jpeg

IMG_3863.jpeg

IMG_3864.jpeg

• Like 15

13 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Baby sister just WhatsApped to tell me that they are on board Iona for a week and it is due out at 6 o'clock.  I can't believe that when I saw her on Wednesday she didn't say that they had anything booked unless is a last minute decision.  I did know that they are both off work next week.

Josy here’s a picture of Iona in next to us and a MSC ship sailing out , we were late sailing about 4.45 , due to go out at 4 

IMG_3861.jpeg

IMG_3860.jpeg

IMG_3866.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

So I hope I’m not boring you all on this Sunday morning 😂 after our bubbles we went to the dining room for lunch which was peaceful and had 3 courses with two glasses of wine, we our on the princess plus package which is alcohol up to $15 a drink and 15 a day , crew gratuities, and internet on one device, when we booked this cruise the cost of that package was $40pp per day , it is now $ 65 ish !!! 
After lunch we went to see if our cases had arrived but no and they didn’t turn up until 4.45 which is late for us . We had a reservation in the crown grill at 7.30 so once unpacked, showered, pre dinner drink then off to dinner, scallops and something I can’t remember for starters then black & blue onion soup, a 18oz T bone steak, sorry I forgot to take pictures of the veg &chips then pudding we had what’s in the pictures I can’t recall the names but all in all a lovely dinner, staff all very nice and attentive, smiling happy faces but we have always found that on princess, then off to the theatre for a Welsh lady singing different songs but by this time I was starting to fall asleep and Andy so we called it a night . Sea is calm and expected to be calm around the bay of biscay captain said , todays plan is go to a couple of port talks on Cadiz and  Barcelona and chill . Enjoy your day everyone 

• Like 14