P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

37 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I am so sorry to hear this news Michelle and I hope the cowards that did this are brought to justice.

When I was 17 my so called best friend after a few drinks who was twice my size suddenly hit me for no reason.

My jaw was broken in 2 places and I had my jaw wired together the next day in hospital.

My jaw was wired for 6 weeks and I lost a stone in weight.

He was full of apologies so I never said who did it but since having my jaws wired together I have spent a fortune on dental treatment.  

I stopped being friends with him shortly afterwards.

My daughter said they have mentioned doing this

Michelle

• Thanks 1

Grandson update - he’s had surgery and has two plates screwed in to secure his jaw. He is currently sleeping, might be home later tonight.

I am just glad it wasn’t any worse cause it easily could have been 

Thank you everyone for all your kind words

Michelle

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Grandson update - he’s had surgery and has two plates screwed in to secure his jaw. He is currently sleeping, might be home later tonight.

Michelle

Really sorry to hear about this, what an awful thing to happen. Hope he makes a good recovery 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Thanks for the update , if he knows the lad ,I just hope the police get to deal with him .

Take care 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Just a dreadful experience for the poor lad. 
I hope you are ok Michelle, as quite a shock for the whole family.

Gill x

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Thank you for the update. Hope his recovery goes well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Peanut006 I know your main concern right now will be your grandsons health and recovery however when things are more settled you may want to have a look at the Gov.U.K. Criminal injuries compensation scheme.

Graham mentioned the issues he had with his teeth post a broken jaw. Your grandson hopefully won’t have any side effects but might be worth a read to see if he is eligible for help just in case.

• Like 6

Morning ,it's a bit misty this morning 15.c here .

I had a pretty good nights sleep to say it was warm overnight .We just slept under 

a thin cover and I woke up feeling fine as I do most mornings .

Some of you may think "Does he ever wake up grumpy ?"

The answer is no I let her wake up in her own time.🙃

Have a good day everyone ,hope Michelle your grandson got home and is not in 

too much discomfort   .Take care everyone 🙂

• Like 7
  • Haha 10

19 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning ,it's a bit misty this morning 15.c here .

I had a pretty good nights sleep to say it was warm overnight .We just slept under 

a thin cover and I woke up feeling fine as I do most mornings .

Some of you may think "Does he ever wake up grumpy ?"

The answer is no I let her wake up in her own time.🙃

Have a good day everyone ,hope Michelle your grandson got home and is not in 

too much discomfort   .Take care everyone 🙂

Thanks Kalos, he is home and has just been sleeping probably due to the anaesthetic and the fact he had no sleep at all Monday night. Hopefully he is going to make a good recovery 

Michelle

• Like 18

Got the East Coast mist here - though many miles from the coast - so cool, but no doubt in about two hours it will have cleared, and be hot and sunny again.  Think I will open a few windows now to let the cool air in for a while.

Best wishes to Michelle's grandson for a full recovery without complications.  He is at the right age to sleep for England, which will help.

• Like 12

Michelle I’m so sorry to hear about your grandson and I hope he recovers very quickly and with out and complications, such nasty and cruel people in this world. 

Im pleased you had a lovely holiday with your other grandchildren and they really enjoyed it too , now the children are back to school the weather picks up 🥵

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Also bright and sunny down here, and I am please to say that the wind we have had the last few days has dropped🙂

Seemed to spend a lot of time on the phone yesterday. To cut a long story short, rang insurance company to update policy, told need to ring broker, rang them they said no I need to ring insurance company! Mum then rang about change of itinerary as confused about the wording of the e-mail. Later on other members of our party rang me regarding the change too. I didn't know I had taken on the job as a travel agent!  😲🤣   I'm now  waiting to see what shore excusions are going to be available. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

@Peanut006 I'm just catching up after a couple of days Michelle and was really shocked to read about your grandson. Poor chap must have been so frightened. I hope he makes a good recovery and I pray he's not too traumatised. I can't find any printable words about the scum who did this but my God I hope they are caught - and soon. I send best wishes to you and all your family. Jane xx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This is the second time I wrote this so if it’s turned up somewhere else my apologies 😂. We had a very good sunny hot day in Cadiz yesterday , this time we docked somewhere different from where we docked 10 years ago, we have already walked along and around the sea wall along the beach and back through the beautiful garden so this time we explored the town and went to some cathedrals and churches and a ancient anthem theatre and some wine shopping 😉 we got back on ship after walking for 4 hours that was enough for me so we had a light lunch and sat on top deck and had a swim to cool down but it became too hot for us so we went to our cabin and watched a film and snoozed , got ready early for dinner and went and sat at the wakeview bar for the sail and a couple of margaritas, then we visited the cocktail bar and sat chatting to some lovely Americans.

Dinner in the mdr has been lovely and hot and we seem to get a lovely table with a sea view every night and a lovely waiter, there is only about 5 tables in the side bit so is much quieter than being in the middle of the dining room which can be quite noisy. 
Today we are sat in the sanctuary and a slight breeze is keeping us cool , we are very very happy we managed to bag the sanctuary beds for the full sea days we booked because it’s a bum fight out there and it was early this morning and no one could find a sunbed by 9 o’clock. Just waiting for our lunch to arrive now , a few pictures of Cadiz and our view in the sanctuary.IMG_4006.thumb.jpeg.db7f6b84a3422cfa5cab8b9bd38c3eb0.jpeg

IMG_3948.jpeg

IMG_3949.jpeg

IMG_3958.jpeg

IMG_3959.jpeg

IMG_3960.jpeg

IMG_3963.jpeg

IMG_3966.jpeg

IMG_3969.jpeg

IMG_3975.jpeg

IMG_3976.jpeg

IMG_3979.jpeg

IMG_3984.jpeg