P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Rain and plenty of it ,13.c. Mrs K is taxi driver today for eldest Granddaughter to go

and see the midwife ,as she is now down to last 3 weeks .

We honestly think she wont last that long  and she will be glad of the cooler weather

that we have today .

Be good, stay dry and have a nice day .

• Like 14

Good Morning all. Thank you for all the good wishes, today is our anniversary. We are sat on our balcony with 20* and a little overcast, the rain forecast has gone up north( sorry folks) we are going over to Exmouth shortly, we wants to look around the shops as usual, me I will find a nice cafe & people watch. Then later we are booked on a river cruise up from Exmouth towards Topsham.  I will below hopefully post some pics for those that like to see The food on offer here. I will show the menu& what we had.

20230911_151802.jpg

20230911_152751.jpg

20230911_184855 (1).jpg

• Like 11

Good Morning all. Thank you for all the good wishes, today is our anniversary. We are sat on our balcony with 20* and a little overcast, the rain forecast has gone up north( sorry folks) we are going over to Exmouth shortly, we wants to look around the shops as usual, me I will find a nice cafe & people watch. Then later we are booked on a river cruise up from Exmouth towards Topsham.  I will below hopefully post some pics for those that like to see The food on offer here. I will show the menu& what we had.

20230911_185105.jpg

20230911_192942.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

@Grumpycruiser60plus Happy Anniversary! Have a lovely day both. Thanks for posting your photos and menus. Having been less than impressed with some of the P&O menus recently I'd choose yours every time! Best wishes. Jane xx

The menu's look good, but if you look at the price of that hotel, the comparison with a P&O menu is a bit unfair.🤣

• Like 2

Public health announcement. 

Had my flu vaccine this morning and I’m now feeling really rough. Sore arm, sore head, nauseous and very tired. OH is exactly the same and he never reacts to anything,

The nurse did say that this one could cause a few side effects (after it was in my arm 😀) and it is already. My friend had it last week and was laid low for 2 days as well.

So if you haven’t had it already time your flu jag for when you don’t have much to do for the day or so after it just in case. Some of course will be absolutely fine with it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Glad you told us that we're going for ours on Friday so hopefully if we have any side effects my husband will be ok for his golf on Monday he's part of a team, he's away for a few days and has been looking forward to it! So have I😂😂

Edited by July morning
Spelling
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, July morning said:

Glad you told us that we're going for ours on Friday so hopefully if we have any side effects my husband will be ok for his golf on Monday he's part of a team, he's away for a few days and has been looking forward to it! So have I😂😂

Enjoy your “you” time, anything planned?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Had my flu vaccine this morning and I’m now feeling really rough. Sore arm, sore head, nauseous and very tired. OH is exactly the same and he never reacts to anything,

The nurse did say that this one could cause a few side effects (after it was in my arm 😀) and it is already. My friend had it last week and was laid low for 2 days as well.

So if you haven’t had it already time your flu jag for when you don’t have much to do for the day or so after it just in case. Some of course will be absolutely fine with it.

Sorry to hear you've having a bad reaction to the flu jab. Hope it doesn't last long and that you feel better soon.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, kalos said:

Anyone else watching the England  V   Scotland  match tonight ?

No idea what the scores going to be but looking forward to it .🙂

I hope you enjoy the match. Is it a sporting, or social gathering ?.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Anyone else watching the England  V   Scotland  match tonight ?

No idea what the scores going to be but looking forward to it .🙂

Yes! I always watch England Kalos - with varying degrees of disappointment usually. Let's hope England actually turn up tonight - they might as it's the auld enemy. Jane xx

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thank you for the information.

I hope you are both feeling better very soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Did anyone read the article today about dynamic pricing in pubs,

Apparently one change is now charging more at busy times, about 20p extra a pint 

It has been widely reported that pubs are already struggling so I think that at a time when people are watching the pennies the publicans might be shooting themselves in the foot by charging extra at busy times.

My pub visits are few and far between usually just once or twice a year for out of season bowling meetings and then I am usually driving so drinking soft drinks only.

• Like 11

Apparently one change is now charging more at busy times, about 20p extra a pint for now.

Next it will be dynamic cruising ...Oh wait a minute 🙃

Joking apart ,when pubs do happy hours no one complains ,so when the pub has massive 

crowds . IE big football matches the punters expect service and not staff shortages .

When the match ends the pub could be empty in less than an hour . 

The pub trades have suffered as social /wmc clubs , lots of permanent closures in 

some cases . So I can see why they are trying dynamic pricing .

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Yes! I always watch England Kalos - with varying degrees of disappointment usually. Let's hope England actually turn up tonight - they might as it's the auld enemy. Jane xx

Yep tears of joy or disappointment who knows but tonight I had a practice in the form 

of a carvery in the pub by having a good dollop of their mustard .

To say it clears your sinuses is an understatement . That brings tears to your eyes but 

Mrs K  was having non of it ...  Spoil sport 😉🙃

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Apparently one change is now charging more at busy times, about 20p extra a pint for now.

We won’t be affected as never visit ours just for drink, we may visit a pub with a restaurant, but if this was introduced in any of our local pub restaurants then we would go elsewhere. This for of “Fluid pricing” would be the opposite of “Happy Hour”. What next fluid pricing in supermarkets shop at a busy period and you pay more. Hospitality is struggling at the moment the last thing it needs is a system that could well drive customers away. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

Apologies  for incomplete pics but my tablet "froze " so have now settled in a cafe & decided to use phone.

Will post again  later today, once returned to hotel.

20230911_184917.jpg

20230911_200242.heic 236.17 kB · 7 downloads 20230911_200249.heic 406.98 kB · 1 download 20230911_202519.heic 295.97 kB · 2 downloads 20230911_202538.heic 371.12 kB · 5 downloads

Would you recommend the hotel ? It certainly looks very good. Not cheap, but you have to pay for quality these days. Hope you don't mind the questions, but I am looking for a nice hotel for next June and this one is certainly a contender.

• Like 1