P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Goodness that was a bad storm yesterday. Here in Dorset we had round one in the middle of the day and then round two last night was pretty wet and noisy. Poor Freddie was very annoyed at the thunder and lightning and was swearing loudly at it until about 1am this morning….

I hope this morning finds everyone safe and well, if a tad tired!

Gill x

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just had a phone call to let me know that I am doing the school run today, my niece spent last evening in A&E because she was in so much pain and was worried that it was something to do with her cancer.  Fortunately it wasn't but she has had a virus that has caused her to have costocondritus because she her immune system is so low due to last week's chemo.

I hope you are all fine and healthy today.

Best wishes to your niece Josy after a very scary and painful night. I hope she recovers well. Have a good school run and a good day. Jane xx

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just had a phone call to let me know that I am doing the school run today, my niece spent last evening in A&E because she was in so much pain and was worried that it was something to do with her cancer.  Fortunately it wasn't but she has had a virus that has caused her to have costocondritus because she her immune system is so low due to last week's chemo.

That was a bit scary for your niece. I hope she feels better soon.

x

• Like 1

Very noisy night down here too. Like Gill we had round one in the afternoon followed by a fantastic thunder and lightning display from about 2am. The rain was biblical and combined with a mini- whirlwind made for an interesting night! Ted was not amused at having his sleep disturbed and is now having a lie-in to catch up on his beauty sleep. I hope everyone is safe and well. Have a good day all. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 11

We didn't have any thunder or lightning last night but judging by the state of the drive this morning I think that there must have been a lot of rain.  I am just watching the forecast and it looks like a really wet week.

This is how it looks here this morning.20230918_074753.thumb.jpg.2b0c0584118230ff7e2b724c80337fe4.jpg 

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 8

35 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry to hear this Josy, it must be awful for her having to cope with a virus on top of her chemo. Fingers crossed she feels a bit better over the coming days 

Michelle

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well, I got half way to my niece's house to take the children when she rang me, the school have texted to say that they are closed today because there is no running water.

I passed a quite lot of children walking in school uniforms for the school that my niece's children go to so they are in for a surprise when they get there and have to turn around.  Most of the children are busy on their phones as they walk so I guess some of them are getting the message from their parents.

• Like 5

Morning

Was woken from a very deep early sleep by spectacular thunder.  Pretty much ruined my rest, so I shall be a grumpy bear till I’ve had my coffee, at least.  Going to be a wet day too.  That brief reappearance of summer at the start of the month seems so long ago now

The saving grace is that it’s still warm

• Like 6

Missed us too, however we did get a deluge last evening for about 30 mins. The sun is out at the moment, but the forecast is heavy rain and thunderstorms later. Still warm though, what Gran used to call 'baby weather'.

Warm, wet and windy😁

Take care all if you're out and about.

Avril

• Like 8

21 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Hope they enjoy the cruise and you enjoy the lunch at the Harbour hotel. We had a lovely Sunday lunch there a couple of years ago.

Thank you, lunch was very nice, we had a Sunday roast followed by a lemon meringue tart, delicious.

Unfortunately the heavens opened and we were caught in torrential rain as we were walking there and we turned up looking like drowned rats 😂

Arvia was a little late leaving I assume due to the weather.

We're going down in 2 weeks time to collect my parents and have decided to go a couple of days early, will stay in Portsmouth and visit the Dockyard. Hopefully the weather will be better.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh costochondritis is awful, I really feel for her. My youngest daughter had it when she was 18 and the pain was so bad she thought she was having a heart attack and had to go to A&E for ECG's before she was diagnosed. She still has mild flare ups now 8 years on.

I hope your niece recovers from it soon.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Mixed bag weather wise, sunny first thing, then heavy showers and back to sun. We travelled down to Derbyshire to Hardwick Hall for lunch with a pit stop at MacArthur Glenn for coffee.

The NHS booking line is now open to wrinklies for the covid booster, I got mine for Thursday.

• Like 7

Mixed day weather wise, none of horrendous thunderstorms and biblical amounts of rain here, sunny first thing, then a speed of rain nothing out of ordinary just a initially heavy shower followed by steady rain for a hour. Since them mixture of sunshine and clouds, temp hit a high of 17C. leaves falling everywhere, but council have swept them away today, reducing risk of drain blockages. 

I noticed the authorities tree surgeons across the road today picking up on the issues I raised with the environmental team a few weeks ago, the large number of dead branches which overhang the road, lots of photos and notes made, hopefully they will be back to remove the dead branches before winter sets in. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Mixed bag weather wise, sunny first thing, then heavy showers and back to sun. We travelled down to Derbyshire to Hardwick Hall for lunch with a pit stop at MacArthur Glenn for coffee.

The NHS booking line is now open to wrinklies for the covid booster, I got mine for Thursday.

Have ours booked at our GP Practice for 2 weeks on Saturday, together with flu vaccine one for each arm! Using the same process as last year making Saturdays for the next 8 weeks vaccination days, practice not normally open on a Saturday, but doctors and other qualified health practitioners coming in to give the vaccines, an excellent service. Have my annual blood test next week, think my arms are going to be a bit sore over the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

When you have the jabs try and relax and let your arms dangle, the muscles do not bunch up as much, this helps some people.

I was told to stand up and let your arms hang when having the jabs as you more relaxed. No idea how true that is, but it has worked for me.

• Like 5

I'm going to stand in the street and see if anyone wants to throw any more at me.

Was told on ship last week I had bronchitis.  Never had it before. Left ship Thursday,started snivelling .  C test negative.

Went to acupuncture again today for severe pain.   Popped into Boots for some 'beauty bits'🤣  and they had some tests at the front so I took some just in case we needed them one day.

Guess what!! Yes, I've got it

The Government say you can carry on as usual but I'm not going anywhere.  I don't that is fair on other people.     grrrrrrrrrr

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I'm going to stand in the street and see if anyone wants to throw any more at me.

Was told on ship last week I had bronchitis.  Never had it before. Left ship Thursday,started snivelling .  C test negative.

Went to acupuncture again today for severe pain.   Popped into Boots for some 'beauty bits'🤣  and they had some tests at the front so I took some just in case we needed them one day.

Guess what!! Yes, I've got it

The Government say you can carry on as usual but I'm not going anywhere.  I don't that is fair on other people.     grrrrrrrrrr

Sorry to hear you have the dreaded you know what. Hope you are not too ill and recover quickly.

We got off Anthem two weeks ago and I had a cold/cough for about five days. I tested negative a few times so I assume it was just a cold thank goodness.

I have got my flu jab on Thursday and the other one next week. 

Take care

Michelle

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have both vaccines booked and will try what you suggest Gill.

Graham x

Went to have the flu jab at the doctors that we booked a couple of weeks ago and was offered the Covid one at the same time. Needless to say, we took them up on it so I now have a sticker for both. No problems so far.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

Went to have the flu jab at the doctors that we booked a couple of weeks ago and was offered the Covid one at the same time. Needless to say, we took them up on it so I now have a sticker for both. No problems so far.

That's what I did last year.

This year my doctor's just sent the flu invitation and after reading on here I went onto my NHS app and booked the new booster with a local pharmacy.

• Like 4