P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

23 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Josy has put it all into perspective.

Sad news indeed  Stay strong.  BUT most of all... stay on here when you can xx

Certainly has,we cannot stop her heartache 💔 but can try to lift hers,for a little while maybe 🫠

Glad your getting sorted as well Indie 😊

Edited by kalos
Predictive text This phone tries to outsmart me.which ain't hard 😒
  • Like 13

46 minutes ago, kalos said:

Had a telephone conversation with a cov-Lurgist and she was very pleased with my progress, providing no relapses of course.

I helped  her as I own an oxymeter,which giving her my readings was very helpful. 

So glad I bought one.

Onwards and upwards I hope. 

Positive news kalos. Keep up the good work, do as you're told by nurse Mrs K and you'll be up and about in next to no time. 👍

Avril

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, kalos said:

Had a telephone conversation with a cov-Lurgist and she was very pleased with my progress, providing no relapses of course.

I helped  her as I own an oxymeter,which giving her my readings was very helpful. 

So glad I bought one.

Positive news kalos. Keep up the good work, do as you're told by nurse Mrs K and you'll be up and about in next to no time. 👍

Avril

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Correction if I don't follow nurse Mrs k orders I will end up flat on my back again :classic_wink:

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, kalos said:

So glad I bought one.

I’m glad you have one too Kalos. Silent hypoxia was an issue in the early days of covid and other virus conditions.

I have lung problems so have had an oxymeter in the house for many, many years. My (lovely) family doctor gave me a list of what to do depending on the readings. It finished with get to hospital, get to hospital right now, do not pass go, do not collect £200!

Glad you are on the mend but keep checking those readings.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

Surprisingly nice warm day here which wasn't in the forecast yesterday, covid jab this morning then sat our reading most of the afternoon. 

If you was sitting reading, I am guessing the jab was in your arm. 🤣

• Haha 5

On 9/19/2023 at 12:54 PM, grapau27 said:

I was thinking exactly the same.

He posted his nice food photos a few days ago.

I hope he is okay.

On 9/19/2023 at 1:03 PM, zap99 said:

His photos looked like a restaurant, or hotel....maybe a cruise at last...fingers crossed.🤔

Now I feel up for it and getting used to this phone,your were on the right track.

We did depart and stay at the Ageas Bowl,parking ,breakfast and taxis both ways ,hence pic of breakfast.If you have a late boarding time they let us keep our room until midday FOC.

The photo of the steak pie was a pub called WestEnd Brewery  about 4 min away from hotel. 

As for the cruise, it was brilliant 

but as my thumbs dropping off typing this and Nurse K has Brought me food and drink,so will post a little about that later.

Edited by kalos
Predictive text This phone tries to outsmart me.which ain't hard 😒
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

We were gutted  back in 2019

When due to my HF we had to cancel after that we all know what came next but promised each other a cruise one day.

Mrs K loves art decco and other such pretty things but not too big and there we were on our date 18:55 prompt. 

We had kept our promise at last20230916_185442.thumb.jpg.e70e173b75ac2cafbc245c13074bd3a4.jpg  

20230916_185603.thumb.jpg.fb7d2726e209eace42e30ea591d206b6.jpg

Okay it was the lovely

Queen Victoria and with price match was a bargain. 

What about P&O ???

Watch this space cos we ain't done yet😊

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

When due to my HF we had to cancel after that we all know what came next but promised each other a cruise one day.

Mrs K loves art decco and other such pretty things but not too big and there we were on our date 18:55 prompt. 

We had kept our promise at last20230916_185442.thumb.jpg.e70e173b75ac2cafbc245c13074bd3a4.jpg  

Okay it was the lovely

What about P&O ???

Lovely photos of you two.

I'm delighted for you both that you had a cruise.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

A other good start to the day.  We have had a 5 minute power cut so the shower turned freezing cold while I was in it.  One lot of neighbours are away on holiday and their alarm is going off, I rang their son but he can't come to turn it off because he is on M6 going up in Manchester for a work meeeting.  We know from past experience that this alarm, unlike most doesn't turn off automatically after a while so it looks like being a noisy day.  When I get back from the school run an DH gets out of bed we will have fun resting all of the timers  that control everything in the house.

I hope you all have a better start to your day.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, kalos said:

Okay it was the lovely

What about P&O ???

Really pleased for you both that you eventually got away and a lovely picture of you both with a fantastic background, hope your feeling a lot better now.😊

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

A other good start to the day.  We have had a 5 minute power cut so the shower turned freezing cold while I was in it.  One lot of neighbours are away on holiday and their alarm is going off, I rang their son but he can't come to turn it off because he is on M6 going up in Manchester for a work meeeting.  We know from past experience that this alarm, unlike most doesn't turn off automatically after a while so it looks like being a noisy day.  When I get back from the school run an DH gets out of bed we will have fun resting all of the timers  that control everything in the house.

A tasty breakfast with some nicely brewed coffee and tea just to you liking may well make the day feel a little better... especially if you have earplugs to hand. It may have it's funny consequences It's the case that both of us have hearing that's not quite as good as it used to be and so conversations over breakfast can be a wee bit bizarre.

"Would you like more toast?" can easily become' "What would you like most?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Josy I’m really sorry to hear all your such sad news about your family my thoughts and prayers are with you all words cannot express the sadness.

I hope the neighbours house alarm gets shut of soon for you .

• Like 4

11 hours ago, kalos said:

Okay it was the lovely

What about P&O ???

I’m really happy for you that you finally returned to cruising, lovely photos

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Back from the school run, neighbour's son has just switched their alarm off so all is peaceful.

I now have a pair of earrings in my car, niece's daughter "forgot" that they can only wear studs for school and had put little hoops in  she had the nerve to ask if she could borrow my earrings for the day because they are little gold knots that would be acceptable, that was a big NO.

DH had already reset the clock, cooker and microwave timers by the time I got home.

• Like 6

After the weather this summer the garden plants are having a mixed outcome this autumn. Our elderberry shrubs which flowered beautifully in June the berries are all shrivelled and the leaves are falling already, but the holly and cotoneaster have lots of lovely berries and the roses have repeat flowered all summer with more buds coming. The grass has had spring growth all summer l’ve never had to mow it so often!

• Like 7

I booked my Covid jab a couple of days ago, had email with address where to go, I thought that’s good know where this is after checking the address again I realised road name doesn’t match up with post code. Been on the phone to 119 trying to find out where I am supposed to be going first I was told I’m not on their system that’s after the I spelt my name out to them then oh found you, I then get a completely different place to go for jab which is only 5 minutes away. Good job I had the sense to check out the address.

• Like 7

Lovely day here, and a decent weekend forecast, so we will head off to our cruise-substitute caravan to get a bit of vitamin D therapy.  I know there are other fans here - it’s proved to be a great success with us, though we did start with considerable reservations.  We’re going to keep it and use it as much as we can in the season (1 March - 15 January) and just do one winter sun cruise per annum in the closed season.  At least, that’s the plan for now.  We’ll see how our upcoming Iona trip (first cruise since Jan 2020) works out.

Enjoy your day all - even if you’re having a jab!

• Like 7

15 hours ago, kalos said:

Okay it was the lovely

What about P&O ???

Lovely picture kalos

I love that spot on QV

Hope you’re getting better and better as the days go by

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1