P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

41 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I paid a rare visit to Greggs yesterday. The coffee machines both ran out and there was just one lady trying to serve the big queue and refill the machines at the same time. 
When I finally got to the front of the queue the cavalry arrived and a 2nd staff member finally came out to serve customers. I was stood right in front of him with armfuls of goodies but he looked straight past me and said “Can I help anyone?” 
I honestly think I’m invisible sometimes.

I know what you mean about being invisible.

Try being an older woman at a bar. I went down by train to Glasgow to meet some friends a couple of weeks ago. As I was first to arrive I went up to get a drink and stood and waited and waited and waited. Several younger blokes came well after me and got served.

I took it for so long then eventually stomped my foot and pointed out that I was not Harry Potter and I did not actually have an invisibility cloak!

Strangely warm here for this time of the year.

Have a good day all.

• Like 11
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone, hope everyone is well or recovering if they are poorly.

Another dull and overcast day here, but supposed to clear up.

I have had one of those nights when I couldn't sleep and I've seen every hour🙄

For those of you heading off on cruises, I hope you have a good time.

We're off this morning to Gatwick and flying out to Sicily, to visit the in-laws, tomorrow so hopefully we will have some sunny weather. 

Hope you all have a good day.

Pam 

I feel your pain on a restless/sleep-deprived night, as do a few of us on here by all accounts.  Maybe you can catch up a bit on the journey to Gatwick, unless you are the driver of course!  Enjoy Sicily and the lovely weather - I love to watch Montalbano just for the scenery and the atmosphere.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

21 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I know what you mean about being invisible.

Morning everyone ,All those off on their jollies have a great time 🙂

I really don't think it would be nice to be invisible . My mate Barry is in the A&E after drinking 

a bottle of invisible ink last night , he's still waiting to be seen .

I asked him to try his doctors but they said they couldn't see him either .🙃

I  once dreamed I was invisible and I married an invisible woman

I'm not sure what we saw in each other, she tried to make out ,every thing was ok  but I 
saw straight through her . Our kids were nothing much to look at either.

Hope you all have a good day ,see ya later 🙂
  • Haha 19

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

We're off this morning to Gatwick and flying out to Sicily, to visit the in-laws, tomorrow so hopefully we will have some sunny weather. 

Pam 

I hope you have a great time in Sicily Pam.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning all, what a lot to catch up on! 

Hope everyone is ok, the only thing I’ve done of note lately is a trip to Broadstairs on Saturday where there was a food festival. The weather was amazing for nearly October and we had a lovely ploughmans sitting outside!

IMG_9604.jpeg

IMG_9618.jpeg

• Like 16

44 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hope everyone is ok, the only thing I’ve done of note lately is a trip to Broadstairs on Saturday where there was a food festival. The weather was amazing for nearly October and we had a lovely ploughmans sitting outside!

IMG_9604.jpeg

I love a ploughman's lunch and that looks a particularly fine example, all the right components and not bulked out with too much salad or an apple (often added in an attempt to make it look bigger than it is).

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

IMG_9604.jpeg

IMG_9618.jpeg

That looks like my kind of ploughman's lunch. Plus the ice-cream looks substantial unless of course you have tiny hands 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

A very wet and soggy morning here today, and forecast to remain so most of the day.

On a different topic, does anyone know if you can adjust the viewing font size on CC. I can change my screen output font but can only increase font by enlarging the screen and over running the edge.?

8 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

That looks like my kind of ploughman's lunch. Plus the ice-cream looks substantial unless of course you have tiny hands 😁

I do have quite small hands but it was a good sized ice cream 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

A very wet and soggy morning here today, and forecast to remain so most of the day.

On a different topic, does anyone know if you can adjust the viewing font size on CC. I can change my screen output font but can only increase font by enlarging the screen and over running the edge.?

On a Mac Keyboard... View, Zoom in or Command +

3 hours ago, DamianG said:

I paid a rare visit to Greggs yesterday. The coffee machines both ran out and there was just one lady trying to serve the big queue and refill the machines at the same time. 
When I finally got to the front of the queue the cavalry arrived and a 2nd staff member finally came out to serve customers. I was stood right in front of him with armfuls of goodies but he looked straight past me and said “Can I help anyone?” 

Wait until you get a bit older Damian, my dear late wife swore blind that once you got over 60 you become invisible. There have been several occasions where I knew exactly what she meant.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

Pam 

Give my regards to Don Corleone would you, and tell him the horses head was delicious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, SeaJane said:

Us too! Finishing packing this afternoon ready for the journey to Southampton tomorrow to join Aurora - our first time on her since April 2019. Really hoping she will be an improvement on our Ventura experience in May.

Have a great cruise @SeaJane. I hope you have a better experience than in May too. Fingers crossed. Jane xx

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Noooooooop .... think of my poor boys!!!!!!

Sorry about that, been watching too many Michel Roux Jnr. programmes on Food Network where he constantly stresses how much the French use EVERY single part of an animal to satisfy their gastronomic desires.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is cloudy but mild here.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

IMG_20231003_075447.jpg

I didn't take a photo of breakfast. Going to lunch soon, but may pop to reception first.  We asked for a sea view.😆

20231003_133531.jpg

Edited by zap99
  • Like 14

5 hours ago, Grandad John said:

Wait until you get a bit older Damian, my dear late wife swore blind that once you got over 60 you become invisible. There have been several occasions where I knew exactly what she meant.

Not only invisible John but, according to my personal experience deaf, illiterate, blind, senile and brainless. 🙄

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Not only invisible John but, according to my personal experience deaf, illiterate, blind, senile and brainless. 🙄

Avril

and on another thread I discovered that we love holiday camp sites,when we people of 

a certain age .We can't get enough of them 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 3