P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline made our sandwiches so I stopped at McDonald's drive thru and got hot chocolate drink and Mcflurry Raspberry flake ice creams.

Gail goes for the maltesers  Mc flurry, I am loyal to the apple pie.🤣. Woking is not a particularly large town, but we are blessed with 3 McDonalds.🤣

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 9°C and bright at the moment but rain is forecast for this afternoon.

I hope everyone is safe and well and looking forward to the weekend.

Graham I think I owe you an apology for ridiculing your choice of baked beans over mushy peas with fish and chips.

My wife decided she was tired of mushy peas yesterday and requested baked beans instead, and I have to say they were as good if not better.

But please don't tell anyone as I might face having my Yorkshire citizenship revoked if this get out!!!

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Haha 18

17 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

People sometimes don’t shop around and just accept the price given by their current provider. Companies take advantage of that inertia.

I remember phoning round a dozen providers to get insurance for my mum who had also had breast cancer and eventually got good cover for a decent price.

Glad you found something that suits (and of course that your good lady is well).

Medic Travel Compared can produce some decent quotes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Graham I think I owe you an apology for ridiculing your choice of baked beans over mushy peas with fish and chips.

My wife decided she was tired of mushy peas yesterday and requested baked beans instead, and I have to say they were as good if not better.

But please don't tell anyone as I might face having my Yorkshire citizenship revoked if this get out!!!

Thank you John.

Your wife is a lovely lady.

Your secret is safe with us on here 😇😃

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning.,hope everyone's good on the last day of September.

The oil service light came on in the car this morning .Fortunately I do know how

to reset it  and took less than 30 seconds to do so.

Take care everyone .

Did you check your oil dip stick and add some oil?.

I hope it is okay now mate.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Gail goes for the maltesers  Mc flurry, I am loyal to the apple pie.🤣. Woking is not a particularly large town, but we are blessed with 3 McDonalds.🤣

I prefer the Caramel or Cream Egg when they are available.

The price was £1.49 but is now £1.99.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

John this is just between me and you and goes no further right ?

Last night we had fish and chips and we had beans as well and whilst I'm confessing 

only the other week we had the very same but not just beans but a curry sauce !

Did not want you thinking your alone when it comes to this chippe fine dining episode .

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

, I am loyal to the apple pie.🤣

I am too , Cunard do a mean version and give you a decent dollop of cream and ice cream

to go with it 😊

Mrs K said it was like her Mamma used to make !

20230916_173001.thumb.jpg.bb6c81cccb447ecd1541d1d49c2bf605.jpg

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Did you check your oil dip stick and add some oil?.

I hope it is okay now mate.

All happened is they forgot to reset it when in for mot and service checks .

The levels were fine and that's a red warning light, this was just an amber for 

the service check . Cheers mate .

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

As long as you have gravy on your chips once a month you should be ok.🤢

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I really can't get gravy on chips - surely the crispness of the outside of chips is very important?  (Mind you, I have never tried it).  Have tried mushy peas, and don't like them, and beans only when on toast.  I just need lots of tartare sauce, and a quarter of a lemon.  Oh, and salt.  Am I a bit funny?

• Like 6

Good morning everyone☺️

Nice and bright at the moment if a tad cool. The new standard rose has just arrived, so we shall have to get it planted before the rain arrives. Dad's rose unfortunately didn't survive and so I've chosen  another to replace it. It's a stunning rose called 'Nostalgia' which seems the perfect replacement.

@kalos  I'm pleased you seem to be improving now and I hope Mrs K is recovering too. Take care both of you.x

@brian1 Have a safe journey home bro. Don't forget to post some of pictures for us and take care.

Sis

Have a lovely weekend everyone whether on land or sea.

Avril

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I really can't get gravy on chips - surely the crispness of the outside of chips is very important?  (Mind you, I have never tried it).  Have tried mushy peas, and don't like them, and beans only when on toast.  I just need lots of tartare sauce, and a quarter of a lemon.  Oh, and salt.  Am I a bit funny?

See we are going to have to start you off on curry and chips .😉

The gravy (well in my case) is not on the chips long enough to soak or soften and it's a thick

gravy,non of this dish water malarkey . 

Nowt up with tartare sauce,you go for it ! 

Now when it comes to the humble chip buttie , that has to have brown sauce and a dollop of red sauce ,with an optional drop of old English mustard to liven it up.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

@kalos  I'm pleased you seem to be improving now and I hope Mrs K is recovering too. Take care both of you.x

Mrs K and I thank you for your good wishes and she is doing well. Nice and easy one step

at a time his her mantra .

You and Frank take care .🙂

• Like 3

Clear and crisp up here in Newmarket today - well it's up for me anyway!! Beautiful morning out watching the early lots and just awaiting my brunch at the hotel before heading out this afternoon for the racing.  It's going to be a lovely day for it.

Been an exciting birthday week for me with a couple of lovely meet ups with family and friends, two great dinners out and unbelievably a win for Chelsea! Hoping to crown it today with a great run for Dutch Decoy in the Cambridgeshire later today - he was sixth last year.   After that back home tomorrow and hopefully a rest after all the excitement.

Hope everyone is now fit and well and has a wonderful weekend.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

No gravy on chips, sometimes if I have pie chips and mushy peas I will get gravy on the pie but always stipulate for it not to go on the chips, funny lot are we not? All this talk of fish and chips reminded me of an old joke I used to tell at school which I am willing to share.

A man got a job as a zookeeper, on his first day at the zoo he was walking past the aviary when he saw a beautiful finch. He reached into the cage and caught the bird to give it a stroke. Unfortunately he squeezed too hard and killed the bird. In a panic he threw the dead bird into the lions cage to get rid of the evidence.

As he was walking away he accidentally knocked over the Bee hive exhibit. The hive crashed to the ground and the bees began to swarm out. In a panic he stomped all over the hive and killed the bees then threw the lot over the wall into the lions cage.

As he walked past the Monkey cage he turned to see all the monkeys taking the Mickey out of him. He flew into a rage and entered the monkey cage and punched the first monkey he saw, killing him outright. In a panic now he also threw the monkey's body over into the lions cage.

The next day the zoo introduced a new lion to the lion enclosure. The lion walked up to the leader of the pack an old and wise lion and said "Hi mate, I'm new, just got here from Africa, what's this place like then?"
  "It's all right here mate" said the old lion. "What's the food like then?" said the newcomer.
   "Not too bad" said the old lion "Last night I had finch, chimps and mushy bees!"   

• Haha 20

Our friends from Sibsey in your manor love Sarsons.In fact we drive over with a bottle for them in their holiday apartment every year,lol.

• Like 4

Yes😁..............but I must be too then because that's how I like them. Minus the salt though, must keep a eye on the old BP. 

Avril

• Like 2

Curry and chips - never.  Curry yes, and chips yes, but at different times.  You are right, Avril, shouldn't really have salt but cheat a bit.  Has anybody tried currywurst - Germans love it, sausages with curry sauce, and so do lots of cruisers.   Maybe not available on P and O?  Again, don't intend to try it.  I hate ketchup, and brown sauce too (told you I am a bit funny) but do love pickles and spicy sauces.  Love a chip butty, but a bacon butty is favourite, with a bit of mustard on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Yes😁..............but I must be too then because that's how I like them. Minus the salt though, must keep a eye on the old BP. 

Avril

Same here when it comes to salt ,have to avoid it .

Did you ever get to go into  Bill Hayley's fish shop ? 

It's brill  !   They do ..  🎵Hake, Haddock and Sole 🎵🙃

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Curry and chips - never.  Curry yes, and chips yes, but at different times.  You are right, Avril, shouldn't really have salt but cheat a bit.  Has anybody tried currywurst - Germans love it, sausages with curry sauce, and so do lots of cruisers.   Maybe not available on P and O?  Again, don't intend to try it.  I hate ketchup, and brown sauce too (told you I am a bit funny) but do love pickles and spicy sauces.  Love a chip butty, but a bacon butty is favourite, with a bit of mustard on.

Currywurst is lovely, when we used to go motor racing in Holland, currywurst, chips and dark beer was the staple diet

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kalos said:

Same here when it comes to salt ,have to avoid it .

Did you ever get to go into  Bill Hayley's fish shop ? 

It's brill  !   They do ..  🎵Hake, Haddock and Sole 🎵🙃

It was a very good fish shop Kalos. You could even buy🎵 Rock Around the Clock🎵 Handy if you got the midnight munchies😁

Avril

• Haha 5