P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Another grey day here.  I decided that trip to Tesco was required to top up on vegetables and a few other bits snd bobs that we needed.  It was quite busy which surprised me.  Now nothing to do unless it suddenly brightens up enough to go for a walk.

I heard on the local radio that over 1000 homes in the north of the city were hit with power cuts last night. I hope that @Presto2 and @Pete14 weren't affected.

Morning Josy. We were in Wales at our caravan amidst thunder lightening hail and strong winds. Thankfully we were still in the same plot this morning so the caravan must be chained down well. Not sure about the power cut but our alarm hasn't told us it switched off so hoping all is OK when we get home. 

• Like 4

It started off well enough here with a mild and calm morning but has now deteriorated into pouring rain, as if we need more water.

I had to get a couple of new tyres fitted this morning so more expense.  I thought I may as well book another cruise, seemed a shame to waste a bad mood.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, kalos said:

Hi only 8.c dull and drizzly here but better now the winds have subsided .

I spent a few hours yesterday watching the planes land in the stormy winds 

down at Heathrow via YouTube and see one I watched made the papers .

Going on poor old Jezza's  reaction as he filmed it ,this must be a very good 

laxative as I thought he was giving birth or summat 🤣

Have a good day 🙂

We fly from Manchester to Cape Town via Heathrow to join a cruise at the end of January. I will be anxiously looking at the weather forecast in the week leading up to it because the domestic flights are normally the first to be cancelled in adverse weather conditions.

• Like 5

We fly on the 13th ... ho ho ho. I'm.not a particularly good flier so the thoguht of 9 hrs on a plane doesn't fill me with joy. The latest incident with the turbulence hasn't filled me with much confidence either so will have to partake of many drinks to help me to cope ;-)

My excuse and I'm sticking to it ....

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We fly on the 13th ... ho ho ho. I'm.not a particularly good flier so the thoguht of 9 hrs on a plane doesn't fill me with joy. The latest incident with the turbulence hasn't filled me with much confidence either so will have to partake of many drinks to help me to cope 😉

35b32cbf347473291efb0d70fad0b040.jpg.ef4b61cf232c18bed3a3d53f894d1efe.jpg   Don't worry Your in good hands 

• Haha 14

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

We fly on the 13th ... ho ho ho. I'm.not a particularly good flier so the thoguht of 9 hrs on a plane doesn't fill me with joy. The latest incident with the turbulence hasn't filled me with much confidence either so will have to partake of many drinks to help me to cope 😉

In my previous life when I travelled around the world for work I found that the easiest way to get through a long flight was to sleep through it.  DH doesn't agree, if you ever get to meet him and mention not liking to fly he will tell you how we once landed at Heathrow after a 13 hour flight from Shanghai.  He woke me up and I said that it had been a nice quiet flight to which he replied that I must be the only person who had slept.  The pilot had asked everyone not to move about the plane and to keep their seat belts fastened because  there was turbulence for most of the flight. 🤭

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Another grey day here.  I decided that trip to Tesco was required to top up on vegetables and a few other bits snd bobs that we needed.  It was quite busy which surprised me.  Now nothing to do unless it suddenly brightens up enough to go for a walk.

I heard on the local radio that over 1000 homes in the north of the city were hit with power cuts last night. I hope that @Presto2 and @Pete14 weren't affected.

Thanks for thinking of us Josy. As far as I know our power stayed on all last night and all is well. I have just driven back to Stoke from Nottingham in torrential rain for the first 20 miles. A bit scary especially on the M1 for about 10 miles. Variable speed limits had not been activated and there were a surprising number of idiots in the outside lane travelling much too fast in such conditions. Mind you, if the speed limit had been reduced, they would probably not have noticed or realised they would be much safer travelling more slowly.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Who needs an excuse?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

As I said to Tony the driver before his first flight. Flying is not something to worry about Tony. Now crashing, that's something worth worrying about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

In my previous life when I travelled around the world for work I found that the easiest way to get through a long flight was to sleep through it.  DH doesn't agree, if you ever get to meet him and mention not liking to fly he will tell you how we once landed at Heathrow after a 13 hour flight from Shanghai.  He woke me up and I said that it had been a nice quiet flight to which he replied that I must be the only person who had slept.  The pilot had asked everyone not to move about the plane and to keep their seat belts fastened because  there was turbulence for most of the flight. 🤭

You are very fortunate, the only time I ever go to sleep on a flight is 10 minutes before the end of a film, then I wake up for the credits,

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Thanks for thinking of us Josy. As far as I know our power stayed on all last night and all is well. I have just driven back to Stoke from Nottingham in torrential rain for the first 20 miles. A bit scary especially on the M1 for about 10 miles. Variable speed limits had not been activated and there were a surprising number of idiots in the outside lane travelling much too fast in such conditions. Mind you, if the speed limit had been reduced, they would probably not have noticed or realised they would be much safer travelling more slowly.

We had a similar situation on the A55 as far as Chester..terrible driving conditions and some people so close to the car infront for some reason. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Just popped into Tescos.  Thought I'd better let you know...

The hot cross buns are in!!!     Actually labelled as hot cross buns.

Also saw a pub  saying "Book now for Mother's Day Lunch"   

I give up!🙃🤣

Sometimes wish we could respond with figure screaming 😱 as an official emoji 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Just popped into Tescos.  Thought I'd better let you know...

The hot cross buns are in!!!     Actually labelled as hot cross buns.

Also saw a pub  saying "Book now for Mother's Day Lunch"   

I give up!🙃🤣

I had a Cadbury’s cream egg last week, I love them!! 

Michelle

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I had a Cadbury’s cream egg last week, I love them!! 

Michelle

Lol, I hate them with a passion!  If they were the only chocolate confectionery available, I'd be slim, which I definitely am not!  Don't like fondant icing either and loathed Fry's chocolate cream back in the day. Given the millions of Creme Eggs Cadbury's sell, I'm obviously in the minority here.  Bring on the hot cross buns I say 😁

Edited by mrsgoggins
typo
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Lol, I hate them with a passion!  If they were the only chocolate confectionery available, I'd be slim, which I definitely am not!  Don't like fondant icing either and loathed Fry's chocolate cream back in the day. Given the millions of Creme Eggs Cadbury's sell, I'm obviously in the minority here.  Bring on the hot cross buns I say 😁

Same as me. I find all of the above very sickly. Give me an ordinary piece of plain or milk chocolate any day. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Same as me. I find all of the above very sickly. Give me an ordinary piece of plain or milk chocolate any day. 

Piece, piece? what is this concept? Surely you mean bar? 😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Lindt lindor are my favourites! 

+ 1

I especially like the mint ones 😋 but my 'last meal' request (odd concept that!) would include a Lindt Les Grande hazelnut chocolate bar.  If it were to be a last meal, I'd go for the milk version because I wouldn't care how much I ate!  In real life, I usually buy the dark version as I find it easier to not overdose on that 😉

• Like 1

Just now, mrsgoggins said:

+ 1

I especially like the mint ones 😋 but my 'last meal' request (odd concept that!) would include a Lindt Les Grande hazelnut chocolate bar.  If it were to be a last meal, I'd go for the milk version because I wouldn't care how much I ate!  In real life, I usually buy the dark version as I find it easier to not overdose on that 😉

I like them all except the hazelnut one 🤣. I’m not a nutty person!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Lindt lindor are my favourites! 

2 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

+ 1

Strawberry and cream Lindt. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

+ 1

My last meal request would be the entire Lindt factory. Even doing my best, it would take an enormous amount of time and at the end of it, I wouldn’t care one way or the other. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7