P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Thank you Graham.  I’ve just finished the packing

Still feeling unsure - isn’t it silly?

I’ll try to do a “Live from … “ but it won’t be up to Selbourne standard 

Looking forward to reading it.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Sounds like a bread maker should be top of your shopping list Avril? Fresh home made bread with home-made soup in winter and salad in summer sounds good

I believe cheese is also a culprit wrt hidden salt, which is a pity

You could look at getting a steamer to cook everything gently with flavourings like herbs and citrus so you don’t miss salt?

You’ll work it all out, I’m sure

Best wishes to you both x

I wonder if we’ll be onboard Iona 24 hours from now?  I still can’t really believe it.  Have a strange “Meh” feeling, but I’m hoping that’s only because it’s been so long and we spent so long thinking that we would never be able to cruise again

Have a great time. Will be thinking of you tomorrow and raise a glass to your cruise. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Looking good up here at Manchester Airport tonight. Finally starting to think it is all real !  Always stay at the Radisson as a treat the day before. 😀

20240112_171138.jpg

Have a great cruise Presto's.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have a great time. Will be thinking of you tomorrow and raise a glass to your cruise. 

… and vice-versa 🙏 

You will be blown away by the Caribbean.  So laid back.  So warm!  Fingers crossed for totally hassle-free flights - apart from that there’s nothing at all to fret about

Will you report in at some stage?

• Like 5

Just now, Eddie99 said:

… and vice-versa 🙏 

You will be blown away by the Caribbean.  So laid back.  So warm!  Fingers crossed for totally hassle-free flights - apart from that there’s nothing at all to fret about

Will you report in at some stage?

We are on TUI in premium seats so looking forward to the perks. Not a brilliant flier so the open bar may be useful.....

Will try to drop in to say hello but not doing a blog on this one. Perhaps another time.

Where are you off to Eddie?

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

We are on TUI in premium seats so looking forward to the perks. Not a brilliant flier so the open bar may be useful.....

Will try to drop in to say hello but not doing a blog on this one. Perhaps another time.

Where are you off to Eddie?

Before you fly get your self  some breakfast ,may I suggest a Beer-Can sandwich ?🙃

Have a great cruise 🙂

• Haha 3

We’re doing a fairly bog-standard Canaries cruise

OllySmith is onboard

It’s sold out - I think a lot of P&O cruisers want a no-fly winter cruise and, apart from N European 1-weekers at February half-term, this is the only one.  Crazy!

• Like 10

38 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Looking good up here at Manchester Airport tonight. Finally starting to think it is all real !  Always stay at the Radisson as a treat the day before. 😀

20240112_171138.jpg

Have a great cruise

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

We’re doing a fairly bog-standard Canaries cruise

OllySmith is onboard

It’s sold out - I think a lot of P&O cruisers want a no-fly winter cruise and, apart from N European 1-weekers at February half-term, this is the only one.  Crazy!

Sounds lovely.. we've never cruised outside of the school holidays before so anything quiet seems good to us x

• Like 8

It’s probably about 30 years since we “escaped” the “only school holidays” bind - I still remember the sense of freedom.  Enjoy yours!  Perhaps, sometime in the future, consider upgrading to the no-fly double-crossings 35 nighter MrsGoggins is currently enjoying.  Imagine - January eliminated 😳. You’ve plenty of years to consider … or you could go to Future Cruises whilst you’re onboard 🙂

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Thank you Graham.  I’ve just finished the packing

Still feeling unsure - isn’t it silly?

I’ll try to do a “Live from … “ but it won’t be up to Selbourne standard 

Not silly at all Eddie. It's just pre-match nerves. I hope you'll feel better once you've settled into your room and found your way around. Have a great cruise. Jane xx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

A very good evening😊

A very good result from today's procedure and Frank is back home where he belongs. After 15 days of worry he has had his bp tablets and his statin removed, and 1 added. Believe it or not, an iron tablet. He had another echo scan and they have decided against the need for a heart tablet, however regular gentle exercise which is no problem as he's always active,  a  low salt diet, moderate fluids, an echo scan in 6 months and yearly after that. We cannot believe how close we came to losing him and to come home with only an iron tablet.

Avril xx

I want to thank all the wonderful people who have sent me best wishes and prayers via Av. She has read me every one and I am overwhelmed by the kindness, help and advice from people we have never met. I am grateful for all the support you gave Av because I know it kept her going when things got a bit 'hairy' 

You're a great bunch.

Frank

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 9

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

A very good evening😊

A very good result from today's procedure and Frank is back home where he belongs. After 15 days of worry he has had his bp tablets and his statin removed, and 1 added. Believe it or not, an iron tablet. He had another echo scan and they have decided against the need for a heart tablet, however regular gentle exercise which is no problem as he's always active,  a  low salt diet, moderate fluids, an echo scan in 6 months and yearly after that. We cannot believe how close we came to losing him and to come home with only an iron tablet.

Avril xx

I want to thank all the wonderful people who have sent me best wishes and prayers via Av. She has read me everyone and I am overwhelmed by the kindness, help and advice from people we have never met. I am grateful for all the support you gave Av because I know it kept her going when things got a bit 'hairy' 

You're a great bunch.

Frank

That is really brilliant news Avril. You must all be so relieved. Take care. X

• Like 11

Avril & Frank,  it is music to our ears that you are back home together where you belong.

Glad to see you only needed an iron tablet and the need to dodge the salt and steady 

with the liquids ,Oh and the Vape in the bin ,your doing well, keep the good work up ..

Best wishes to the both of you  Mr & Mrs Kalos 😃

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A very good evening😊

Avril xx

I want to thank all the wonderful people who have sent me best wishes and prayers via Av. She has read me every one and I am overwhelmed by the kindness, help and advice from people we have never met. I am grateful for all the support you gave Av because I know it kept her going when things got a bit 'hairy' 

You're a great bunch.

Frank

So glad to read that Frank is home again and the only medication needed is an iron tablet.

Wishing you both well and take care.

Pam 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Dear Avril and Frank

Wonderful news!  I am so very happy that you are back home Frank, and your dear Avril must be at bursting point with happiness. Very best wishes to you both. Jane xx

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

20240112_171138.jpg

Have a lovely time and I'm sure you will enjoy being in the Caribean.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A very good evening😊

Avril xx

You're a great bunch.

Frank

Excellent news Avril, so pleased that things are looking more positive and Frank is home and you are both back together. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1