P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, 9265359 said:

Or when I walked past this morning they had a crane lifting pallets of stuff up to the top deck where (iirc) the shuffleboard area is.

Yes last week they had a telescopic crane in slinging up short scaffold and other crates 

as the captain Neil Turnbull in formed the ship that they would be moving things about

for one of the pools that needed some work.

So it could be ongoing work that you have seen .

A lovely sunny morning here in Bolton. Just managed to get a photo of a young deer in the woods beyond our garden. So lovely to see, not sure where our cat is hiding out there.

Jennizor. 

IMG_0240.thumb.jpeg.445a2813ed9a167b2a74684913a0c074.jpeg

• Like 14

Good morning everyone, hope you are all well today.

I had a stressful day yesterday. My mum was admitted to Hosp yesterday with a heart rate jumping between 25 - 170  within a few seconds. She is on Cardiology ward waiting to see consultant this morning so we should know more when we visit this afternoon.

Have a nice day everyone whatever you are doing 

Michelle

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I had a stressful day yesterday. My mum was admitted to Hosp yesterday with a heart rate jumping between 25 - 170  within a few seconds. She is on Cardiology ward waiting to see consultant this morning so we should know more when we visit this afternoon.

Michelle

Hi Michelle, sorry to hear about your mum. I hope you get good news when you visit later. 

Jennizor.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Michelle - so sorry to hear about your mum;  I am discovering there are so many effective medicines nowadays for the various problems we can have with our hearts, and feel sure she will soon be diagnosed and get whatever she needs to make her stable.  Certainly a beta blocker to regularise your heartbeat works, I am now on one.  Wishing you and her good luck in sorting the problem out quickly.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

A lovely sunny morning here in Bolton. Just managed to get a photo of a young deer in the woods beyond our garden. So lovely to see, not sure where our cat is hiding out there.

Jennizor. 

IMG_0240.thumb.jpeg.445a2813ed9a167b2a74684913a0c074.jpeg

What a lovely garden photo.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

I'm so sorry to hear about your mam Michelle.

Having been on a cardiology ward myself 4 years ago I know she will be well looked after and well monitored and get the best treatment.

After being prescribed 2.5 mg Bisoprolol a Beta blocker my heart rate is consistently 55-60 beats per minute and this medication is a possibility for your lovely mam.

Prayers 🙏 sent for her well being.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Having been on a cardiology ward myself 4 years ago I know she will be well looked after and get the best treatment.

After being prescribed Bisoprolol a Beta blocker my heart rate is consistently 55-60 beats per minute and this medication is a possibility for your lovely mam.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, she has been on Bisoprolol for years and years so this has come right out of the blue. When we left early morning today it was steady at 36/37 which is not great. Her BP was really high too at 205/51 when she was admitted and she takes BP meds

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Thanks Graham, she has been on Bisoprolol for years and years so this has come right out of the blue. When we left early morning today it was steady at 36/37 which is not great. Her BP was really high too at 205/51 when she was admitted and she takes BP meds

Michelle

Usually an adjustment of meds and a few days hospital observation is required.

I hope this is all that is required for your dear mam.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Usually an adjustment of meds and a few days hospital observation is required.

I hope this is all that is required for your dear mam.

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Michelle

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Sorry to hear about your mum Michelle but have others have said she is in the right place 

to get sorted ,still a concern for you and the family though.

Hopefully as you have said your mums being on heart meds for years and possibly need 

tweaking one way or other.

Sure they will get to the problem and your mum back to her normal self.

You take as well .🙂

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Mum update - she is having a pacemaker fitted either Monday or Tuesday, she has to stay in hospital until then 

Michelle

Prayers 🙏 the pacemaker makes your lovely mam better Michelle.

Graham.

bb62222e9ccaef9f6d1c96cf75275924.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Sorry to hear this Michelle. I hope mum's heart rate settles and you get positive news today. Thinking of you and mum. Jane xx 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Having been on a cardiology ward myself 4 years ago I know she will be well looked after and well monitored and get the best treatment.

After being prescribed 2.5 mg Bisoprolol a Beta blocker my heart rate is consistently 55-60 beats per minute and this medication is a possibility for your lovely mam.

Graham.

Me too Graham. 2.5 bisoprolol daily forever with the same heart rate as you. I've been on them since 2007 when I was diagnosed with SVT and cardioverted - not pleasant. I've been ok on them though. Jane xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

QM2 is now steaming the 7 days and 3200 miles across the Indian Ocean from Mauritius yesterday and Perth Australia next Saturday, travelling at 22 knots. We’re looking forward to relaxing after 2 days of 8 hour tours at Reunion and Mauritius in hot, humid and tiring conditions, lovely places to visit though.

We’re still on high level noro measures onboard though but the measures are applied inconsistently where some bars disinfect the table and chairs after each customer and others don’t.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Mum update - she is having a pacemaker fitted either Monday or Tuesday, she has to stay in hospital until then 

Michelle

Sorry Michelle - I should have read further before replying. It's good she's staying in intil after the op so they will monitor her closely. Hope all goes well. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1