P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Thank you for my birthday wishes, We went to Masala for a ruby again as we really enjoyed it the last time. The weather is still brilliant with long sunny days. It did rain during Friday night, forecast is for more sun and it is getting hotter. I am assuming that it is half term around the UK as there are more kids around this weekend and both our new neighbours have kids. 

Hope everyone is OK and those cruising are enjoying it.

• Like 14

5 hours ago, happy v said:

Try insurancewith.

I tried that and it came up with the message that there was no quotes available.

I'm going to leave it until we see the consultant in 4 weeks hopefully we'll get good news about the treatment.

Thank you everyone for the kind messages😘

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, July morning said:

I tried that and it came up with the message that there was no quotes available.

I'm going to leave it until we see the consultant in 4 weeks hopefully we'll get good news about the treatment.

Thank you everyone for the kind messages😘

You could try Free Spirit, they were quite reasonable with our existing medical conditions when Staysure would not cover us.

• Thanks 1

Good morning.

It was 1°C and a frosty car windscreen which I cleared before I took Pauline to work.

Quiet day planned for me.

I hope everyone is safe and well and prayers 🙏 uplifted for Michelle's @Peanut006 mam for successful hospital treatment and anyone else who is unwell.

I hope we all have a good day.

• Like 13

It’s a beautiful morning here too.  Long walk planned - with pub pit stop.  Looks like the rain will return later in the week, so we’ll make the most of it now.

Hope Michelle’s mum makes the surgery list today.  There may have been urgent admissions over the weekend which push her down the list, but, today or tomorrow, I’m sure the pacemaker will work wonders

Have a good day everyone 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It was just 3c at 7am, but the sun is out and the skies are blue, so time to walk Freddie.

@Peanut006 - I hope all goes well for you Mum today.

@Beckett - I hope Teddy is now fully recovered from his poorly tum - Freddie has been annoyed this weekend as there have been a few fireworks going off 😬 (for Chinese New Year I imagine).

@Adawn47 - I hope Frank is continuing to improve and you are feeling less stressed.

Have a good Monday everyone.

Gill x

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I hope Teddy is now fully recovered from his poorly tum - Freddie has been annoyed this weekend as there have been a few fireworks going off 😬 (for Chinese New Year I imagine).

Due to the really bad weather over the past few weeks causing postponed  events

Some of my friends are having a joint Burns Night and Chinese New Year Party this

weekend  .... They're calling it Chinese Burns Night.

I wasn't going to go but they twisted my arm. 🙃

I'm not a fan of these events either .....    They seem to Drag-on 😉

Sooner someone invents canine noise cancelling head phones the better for Teddy 🙂

• Haha 14

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

That would be a start, but what are P&O doing about dealing with Norovirus that can survive on carpets and curtains for up to 12 days, I assume they already wash bedding, towels etc at high temperatures with the appropriate detergents. 

As I have said previously my brother runs a cleaning business and he can take him and his team 48 hours to deep clean a building where there has been an outbreak and P&O try to do it in few hours. 

Oh look baby has learnt to crawl...pick it up of the pub carpet....fool.

1 hour ago, twotravellersLondon said:

That sound like a very enthusiastic description of the contents of the crockery! Enjoy yourself... 🤣 😂

We gave up at half time at 2 o’clock went to bed and then got up at 8 to finish it off just now , first half was a bit boring .🥱 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

It was just 3c at 7am, but the sun is out and the skies are blue, so time to walk Freddie.

@Peanut006 - I hope all goes well for you Mum today.

@Beckett - I hope Teddy is now fully recovered from his poorly tum - Freddie has been annoyed this weekend as there have been a few fireworks going off 😬 (for Chinese New Year I imagine).

@Adawn47 - I hope Frank is continuing to improve and you are feeling less stressed.

Have a good Monday everyone.

Gill x

Good Morning Gill

Thanks for your kind enquiry about Teddy. I am glad to report that he is back to full health now. His tummy is recovered - so much so that he tried to snaffle a couple of manky chips that had been cast aside on the pavement. Will he ever learn? Yes we also had a few fireworks going off last night so Teddy was also very put out! 

Have a good day Gill and thanks again. Jane xx

• Like 6

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today,

Mum update - she is not on list today but that may change if any cancellations so I am not realistically expecting her to have it done today.

More chaos here today, the rest of our furniture is been delivered as I type this now we have floors and doors 

Michelle

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Thank you so much all my lovely Cruise Critic friends for thinking about my mum

Michelle

When Frank was in hospital the chap in the next bed, 82 years old, was waiting for a pacemaker fitted. He couldn't walk about too much and was often breathless. After it was fitted he was totally different and even walked back into the ward under his own steam. He was discharged that evening.

I hope your Mum is on the list for tomorrow and responds just as quickly.x

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
spelling
  • Like 10

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

When Frank was in hospital the chap in the next bed, 82 years old, was waiting for a pacemaker fitted. He couldn't walk about too much and was often breathless. After it was fitted he was totally different and even walked back into the ward under his own steam. He was discharged that evening.

I hope your Mum is on the list for tomorrow and responds just as quickly.x

Avril

Thank you Avril for your positive words, hopefully she will feel fantastic when it done. They said 24 hours in hospital after it’s fitted

Michelle

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Thank you Avril for your positive words, hopefully she will feel fantastic when it done. They said 24 hours in hospital after it’s fitted

Michelle

Admittedly they were short of beds on the ward so that could have been the reason for his being discharged that evening instead of the next morning after the doctor's rounds. The bed was already occupied again later that evening.

Avril

• Like 2

Some goodish news. I have my appointment for my hands problem with the diagnostic centre and only a 2 month wait when the doctor suggested 3 months. I might make my July Arcadia cruise after all, two weeks to Norway and Iceland and prime whale watching time.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

Some goodish news. I have my appointment for my hands problem with the diagnostic centre and only a 2 month wait when the doctor suggested 3 months. I might make my July Arcadia cruise after all, two weeks to Norway and Iceland and prime whale watching time.

Great news for you - fingers, toes and everything crossed that your appointment goes ahead and all is well 🙂

• Like 2