P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Some good news Doncaster Airport could be opening again 🙂

Very handy for folk around our area .

Could do with persuading P&O cruises and the likes of Jet2 to 

do fly cruises from there .😉

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Some sad news just announced by the BBC, DJ Steve Wright has sadly died at age of 69. RIP. 

I was really shocked to hear that, seems it was very sudden and he was no age really.

• Like 2

Another wet day here in Stoke-on-Trent.  I have been up since 5am with a really bad headache.  It is very strange I have no sight disturbance but otherwise it is exactly like a migraine which I haven't had for over a year, I have just taken a Sumatriptan tablet which hopefully will kick in quickly because I have to go out at 10 o'clock.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Up at 6 this morning, last day of Antibiotics which have disturbed my sleep pattern since I have been in them, waking up at odd hours and dropping off up unexpectedly during the day, plus it has been difficult to focus on doing anything at times. Yesterday was the best day so far, I seem to have my appetite back no longer on bland foods, I did some pasta with a slightly spiced sauce and ham last night, followed by home made rice pudding (my OH made that as she recovers from suspected food poisoning from an egg). After the egg issue didn’t fancy pancakes last night. 

Today we were planning a Valentine’s Day out, however as OH still not feeling well we decided to  postpone it until Monday. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 8

Morning cruise lovers ,it's double figures here 10.c but very showery.

Todays the 14th for all you romantics out there .We don't buy cards 

as we think everyday's a valentine day 365🥰

I used to open so many cards on Valentines Day.
Eventually the post office found out and fired me for it.
Last year someone sent me a bunch of flowers with their heads cut off.
Do you  think I was being stalked ? 🙃

Mrs K is having a romantic lay in this morning so I will make her a cuppa later.

Whatever your doing have a lovely day 🙂

• Haha 15

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. For those of us expecting cards, flowers, and a lovely meal out tonight - don't be so smug!

As Graham said, it's also the first day of Lent today so I will do my normal giving up chocolate until Easter Sunday - shame I can't do it for the other 40- odd weeks of the year.

On a serious note re Steve Wright: I didn't ever listen to him on the radio but it appears, from all the tributes, that he was very popular and well-loved. It's always sad to hear of people passing away at such an age. So, RIP young man - you will be missed.

Have a good day everyone.  Jane xx

• Like 7

Happy Valentines to all the lovely ladies out there. It is cracking the flags here again 27oC forecast this afternoon. I am taking Mrs YP out for Mexican food this evening to celebrate. Enjoy your day whatever you do.

image.jpeg.c08a82e887cf33e5b43a010d586479c3.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. For those of us expecting cards, flowers, and a lovely meal out tonight - don't be so smug!

As Graham said, it's also the first day of Lent today so I will do my normal giving up chocolate until Easter Sunday - shame I can't do it for the other 40- odd weeks of the year.

On a serious note re Steve Wright: I didn't ever listen to him on the radio but it appears, from all the tributes, that he was very popular and well-loved. It's always sad to hear of people passing away at such an age. So, RIP young man - you will be missed.

Have a good day everyone.  Jane xx

Give up chocolate, never! Sacrilege! 

As not religious don’t give up anything unless for medical reasons. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good morning everyone, hope you are ok today.

It looks pretty miserable outside’s here, hubby and the dogs got caught out in a rain shower on their morning walk.

My mum didn’t come home yesterday, they said she could but she didn’t feel ready she said. I went to see her last night and although the pacemaker is doing its job as it should my mum isn’t mobile by herself. She is not even walking to the toilet by herself yet which is only 20 feet away and she is usually up and active. I am a bit worried about this plus she is hardly eating anything which I am also worried about. She has only had one hot meal since last Thursday, she looks to have lost weight. Hopefully she will be home today.

Our tiler arrived at 7.30 today, hopefully the wet room will be finished by the weekend.

Michelle

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and Happy Valentine’s Day and Ash Wednesday.

I would lay money on the postman not visiting our road today so I have a very good excuse for not receiving a bundle of cards…..🤣

The dog came in for a snog this morning but as he had been showing love to another part of his anatomy just beforehand, I declined his advances…🤣🐶.

@Peanut006 I do hope you find your Mum feeling a bit stronger this morning.

@Snow Hill - hoping you are both feeling better very soon and then enjoy your belated Valentine meal out on Monday.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Beckett said:

As Graham said, it's also the first day of Lent today

Thanks for reminding me guys ... I Lent out my hedge trimmer and never got that back .🙃

• Haha 9

Best wishes for your Mum, Michelle

Get fully well very soon Snow Hill.  I used to grow purple beans when I had my allotment.  Apparently if any green veg also comes in red/purple then it’s better for you wrt anti-oxidants & free radicals and the like.  😳 Whatever - they taste good and they cook to a beautiful bright green.  P&O chefs would love them!

Happy Valentines Day all

It’s wet enough to dampen any ardour here ️ 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

It looks pretty miserable outside’s here, hubby and the dogs got caught out in a rain shower on their morning walk.

My mum didn’t come home yesterday, they said she could but she didn’t feel ready she said. I went to see her last night and although the pacemaker is doing its job as it should my mum isn’t mobile by herself. She is not even walking to the toilet by herself yet which is only 20 feet away and she is usually up and active. I am a bit worried about this plus she is hardly eating anything which I am also worried about. She has only had one hot meal since last Thursday, she looks to have lost weight. Hopefully she will be home today.

Our tiler arrived at 7.30 today, hopefully the wet room will be finished by the weekend.

Michelle

Sorry to hear this Michelle. I didn't mention this the other day, but my mum also wasn't very well after her pacemaker was fitted. Like your mum, she was very fragile, wobbly, and extremely sore for a good week afterwards. She needed to be looked after. When you think about it, the fitting is a very intrusive procedure and whilst it may be quite routine for the surgeons, we all know how much longer anything takes to heal as we age - and in patients who are in their late 80s, early 90s it's a big thing. On the plus side, once she recovered, my mum was absolutely fine with her pacemaker. It did the job and she never had any problems heart-wise after that. I do hope your lovely mum is more herself today and can come home soon. Love and hugs. Jane xx

• Like 9

Thank you for your kind words Jane, I have spoken to the ward this morning, they might try get physio & occ health involved to help her. I have to ring again after ward round this morning to see where we are at. If she is not coming home we are going to take her wheelie walker in even to they told us not to in case it got stolen as I am sure it would help her. You are right we do not recover as quick as we get older

Michelle

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

If she is not coming home we are going to take her wheelie walker in even to they told us not to in case it got stolen as I am sure it would help her. 

Our hospital will provide a walking aid for patients while in hospital. You can only ask. 

I hope your Mum is home with you soon. x

Avril

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Sorry your mum didn't come home last night hopefully she will be able to come home today.  It could be that she is nervous about walking around after her operation.🤞🏻

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is raining and 11°C here.

Where is everyone this morning?.

I hope everyone is well.

Maybe todays "Hide and Seek" day as they seem to have a day for everything else .🤔

12.C dull and showery here .Today off out for a dental check up as I still have a dentist

to call my own 🙂

Have a good day everyone .

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I hope everyone is well.

Coming to the end of our week long Indian Ocean crossing from Mauritius to dock in Fremantle (Perth) on Saturday. Weather forecast is for 39c and sunny☀️🥵 it will make the day long ship excursion rather tiring.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I hope everyone is well.

Just finished breakfast on the Isle of Wight. I didn't post a picture as most folk know what egg and bacon looks like. Good news Graham. I got an email from McDonalds. Breakfast wraps are back.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6