P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

32 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Thanks, I'll tell Mr B to cycle carefully, too energetic for me, I'll just enjoy taking photos from the train ☺️

Sit on the left hand side for best views and next to a window that can open at the top for best photos, the left side shows you the 22 hairpins bends the road that you cycle down 😉

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Can it not be adjusted to only brake at higher speeds?

As it’s a safety feature I don’t think it can be adjusted on most cars that have AEB or Collision sensing systems, it is possible to turn it off, not advisable, I turn mine off when I put my car in the car in the garage or it hits the brake when I am about 1m from the wall at the back. 

Mine only comes upon at low speeds if I get too close to the car in front, I just keep my distance to stop that happening.I find it very useful when reversing so car doesn’t hit the idiots who walk across the back of the car.

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Not that we can see in the instruction book, I have started to put my foot on the accelerator when it slows down too early to force it to keep going.

Mind you there's nothing to say any new petrol model will be different, all new cars seem to have lots of new safety features.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Mind you there's nothing to say any new petrol model will be different, all new cars seem to have lots of new safety features.

It’s mandatory to have emergency braking system on new cars built in the U.K., EU and Japan plus a number of other countries. It was an initiative put forward by the UN supported by the EU and Japan a few years ago. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

It’s mandatory to have emergency braking system on new cars built in the U.K.

Morning everyone it's a cool 3.c and feels like 1.c  and overcast .

I agree with S H we should have good brakes ...🙃

7138856-6471693-image-a-85_1544192887550.jpg.3e2430004c472a1d5eaf5ab794c4eecc.jpg

And as for electric cars ,lots of things are been converted to electric ,even

our local farmer is converting his sheep to electric .

He now has one of the last sheep that is still coal powered ...😮

70500-a7c295b7-29ae-41e8-9c33-8f35af51e8f9.jpg.48328df24a5ca435c5753637df30d352.jpg

Have a good day everyone 😃

• Haha 18

11 hours ago, kalos said:

It was great fun watching them when the poles came off the wires and the conductress  

would leap outside grabbing a big pole to reconnect to the power lines so we could be on our merry way again . One of ours ended up in a museum the other side of Doncaster .

photo1jpg.jpg.edf56d8858ceee34db90f3a42dffb1f9.jpg

I remember those in London as a kid.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Not that we can see in the instruction book, I have started to put my foot on the accelerator when it slows down too early to force it to keep going.

I rented a car a few years back with lane control.Unless I indicated it would jerk me back to my original lane.My fault I suppose for not indicating,but there was no other cars around.Took some getting used to.

• Like 1

Our friends have just returned from Perth after 2 Princess cruises and visiting friends.They flew nonstop nearly 18 hrs,sounds good but not when all the toilets run out of water and block.Not for me, I like a stopover at a hub to stretch my legs for a couple of hrs.

• Like 2

Good morning.

It's 4°C and partly sunny here.

My Renault Captur has landed control but I have it turned off.

I never use the Speed Limiter but the Cruise control is brilliant.

I hope everyone is well especially the mam's of Michelle @Peanut006 and Sue @P&O SUE.

Lazy day today hopefully.

Best wishes for everyone to have a good day.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It's 4°C and partly sunny here.

My Renault Captur has landed control but I have it turned off.

I never use the Speed Limiter but the Cruise control is brilliant.

I hope everyone is well especially the mam's of Michelle @Peanut006 and Sue @P&O SUE.

Lazy day today hopefully.

Best wishes for everyone to have a good day.

I use the cruise control mainly on the A1 toll road thru Italy,decreasing or increasing by 1mph with each click on the steering wheel switch.Gives my right leg a needed rest.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I rented a car a few years back with lane control.Unless I indicated it would jerk me back to my original lane.My fault I suppose for not indicating,but there was no other cars around.Took some getting used to.

My Yaris Cross has Lane Assist, took a while getting used to it, remembering to signal when I pull out to overtake helps. 😬

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I use the cruise control mainly on the A1 toll road thru Italy,decreasing or increasing by 1mph with each click on the steering wheel switch.Gives my right leg a needed rest.

I do the same when driving in France on their Toll roads, the radar assist got some getting used to, but love it now. With an automatic car virtually not using either foot to drive car when cruise control on. 

I make use of the speed limiter function as well, especially in areas where there are speed cameras. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I do the same when driving in France on their Toll roads, the radar assist got some getting used to, but love it now. With an automatic car virtually not using either foot to drive car when cruise control on. 

I make use of the speed limiter function as well, especially in areas where there are speed cameras. 

I use the Sat nav when driving on roads I don't know and it warns you when you are nearing a fixed speed camera or road congestion.

I always keep a few MPH under the speed limit and fortunately have a clean license.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I use the Sat nav when driving on roads I don't know and it warns you when you are nearing a fixed speed camera or road congestion.

I always keep a few MPH under the speed limit and fortunately have a clean license.

We tend to use the sat nav on long runs even to places we know as it shows a more accurate speed you are traveling at .

Most of the time such as going to Southampton ,if we are on a 70mph road we tend to 

do 65-68 and like to find a clear stretch in the inside lane and enjoy the journey .

The sat nav has lane change warning and car in front anti collision warning but 

I turned these off as I know when I want to change lanes etc the only "bing-bong"

sound I get now is passing speed camera's . 

Just coming up 50 years clean license 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I nip into Belgium and then Luxembourg for no tolls and cheap fuel.Back into France at Metz.I read that cruise control is illegal in Belgium,but how they police it I don't know.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning everyone it's a cool 3.c and feels like 1.c  and overcast .

I agree with S H we should have good brakes ...🙃

7138856-6471693-image-a-85_1544192887550.jpg.3e2430004c472a1d5eaf5ab794c4eecc.jpg

And as for electric cars ,lots of things are been converted to electric ,even

our local farmer is converting his sheep to electric .

He now has one of the last sheep that is still coal powered ...😮

70500-a7c295b7-29ae-41e8-9c33-8f35af51e8f9.jpg.48328df24a5ca435c5753637df30d352.jpg

Have a good day everyone 😃

There are times that it's better not to be down "wind!"

70500-a7c295b7-29ae-41e8-9c33-8f35af51e8f9.jpg.48328df24a5ca435c5753637df30d352.jpg.623888e1cec9937fded9661d9ca4e6cd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

I nip into Belgium and then Luxembourg for no tolls and cheap fuel.Back into France at Metz.I read that cruise control is illegal in Belgium,but how they police it I don't know.

The law banning cruise control was repealed in 2022

https://www.thebulletin.be/several-belgian-highway-code-changes-1-october

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Anyone with a pet will appreciate this one 🙂

629F857F-3441-429F-8462-5806DAE0C6AF.jpeg.1556f42a5db5621bc132e8ea3dbe56e5.jpeg

Worked withour dogs everytime and all but one cat but our last cat could manage to eat the cheese then spit out the tablet, I tried crushing tablets up and mixing with her wet food but she would just leave her food and punish us by bringing mice into the house. It turned into a 2 person job to catch her, wrap her into an old towel so that I could hold her.  Then force her mouth open and throw the tablet into her throat, hold her mouth shut and stroke her throat to make her swallow.

• Like 5

Good? Morning.... 10C... coolish... greyish and it looks like it will be rainyish... but it's...

unnamed.jpg.db5fcdf9dd1b63889f2bec4d5943946b.jpg

Leap Year!

So... we're going to have fun. Tonight a Belgian meal of rabbit with croquettes... with a suitable starter and a Tarte Tatin for pud... What some people will do just to crack open a bottle or two of Belgian beer!

For those who were born on this date.... "Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday & Happy Birthday again!"

Hope all are wel!

• Like 13