P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

A  calm day planned here.  I took the children to school, then went to the oatcake shop to get our last oatcakes before we go away.  The children are looking forward to tomorrow when they finish for the Easter break, my guess is that being teenagers they will spend most mornings in bed for the next 2 weeks unless my sister wakes them up when she goes round to take the dog for his walk.

Josy, it sounds like the children have done amazingly well since losing their mum.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, kalos said:

8.c here this morning and thought I'd have a cooked  breakfast for a change 😋 

Have a good day everyone 👍 

20240322_071413.thumb.jpg.b6296708ee0d722ecd8dfa2d6ca9005e.jpg

Nice looking breakfast @kalos.

I hope you both are having a lovely time.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, kalos said:

Looks great - apart from no bacon, and the dreaded beans on the plate!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SeaJane said:

That’s one of our regular walks - we were there on Monday. Our other favourite is around Denbies vineyard as it’s been much drier during this wet weather! 

We go to Denbies quite often...

IMG_3744.thumb.jpeg.c4b75a6e204e68bd5e49f4d3a9263ef9.jpeg

Just decided to add our tuppence worth (How language ages us!). We were there "High dining" yesterday lunchtime... well the restaurant is on the 3rd floor. 

IMG_37142.thumb.jpeg.2b84cbc77f8c73f152a7e7e5f1b05917.jpeg

IMG_37152.thumb.jpeg.2f47c5256bb4e51773aab8d46a185d07.jpeg

IMG_3728.thumb.jpeg.3ac57df8331dd23bdf3efdd25a53e4f2.jpeg

IMG_3741.thumb.jpeg.771ea19d0f2f6dea61cb3d8ed6a1f363.jpeg

IMG_3738.thumb.jpeg.d61def6fb8cd04163c68b34a794cee10.jpeg

It being Surrey, the Chef does cater for those who like to say that they had a light salad for lunch... even if it is on the starter, main and the ice-cream... bet that doesn’t happen in most parts of the country! Try wandering into an ice-cream shop in Whitby and asking for a salad cress topping on the 99 cone!

And... Never mind the "skinny latte"... just look at those carrots! And don't raise your hopes... the stuff below the excellent lamb... wasn't a hash brown. For those who don't instantly recognise the last pudding it was... of course... a deconstructed Banoffee pie... honest! It was! Anyway we really enjoyed the meal!

It was a "celebration" of sorts. We were celebrating being fit and well enough to pop out on a Thursday and enjoy a good lunch! And we were celebrating having arranging two ocean cruises and one river cruise for 2025 and... more importantly... celebrating having obtained insurance for all of them at a reasonable price!

Hope all are well and looking forward to the joys to come.

IMG_3711.thumb.jpeg.40b2af12e4358b8ec9ba0fec80a9b06b.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Not many folk use little packs of butter and paper napkins in there homes.....So where were you?🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Looks great - apart from no bacon, and the dreaded beans on the plate!

Due to HF I no longer eat foods high in salt as for the beans they were very  nice 👍 👌 😀 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Not many folk use little packs of butter and paper napkins in there homes.....So where were you?🤣

As Micky FLANAGAN would 

Say we're out,out 🙃😅

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, kalos said:

As Micky FLANAGAN would 

Say we're out,out 🙃😅

We have just booked a few nights at Warners. Dinner at 19.30 and breakfast at 9.45am. Very civilised....so if we could book times that easy on P&O folk would sceam....just like Bultintz. No like Warners.😁

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Don't tell him, Pike.   Sorry to read you can't/shouldn't have bacon.

I wondered how the sausages got on the plate. Stowaway low salt ,non processed, vegan style perhaps.?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gadabout60 said:

Josy, it sounds like the children have done amazingly well since losing their mum.

They are absolutely brilliant.  Their mum would be proud of them and their dad is fantastic with them but when they are not around and he opens up a bit it is clear that he is struggling.  My sister is trying to persuade him to get some grief counselling but like a lot of men he thinks that going for counselling is a sign of weakness.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I wondered how the sausages got on the plate. Stowaway low salt ,non processed, vegan style perhaps.?.

You can buy 'real' sausages that are lower in salt. I get some lovely frozen ones in asda. 

Avril

• Like 7

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I'm pleased you are both able to explore more now @kalos.

I suspect you are in a hotel but just pleased for you both.

ec39de8788ded44f4fa34b6f45bc5748.jpg

It's really nice that folk are able to get out and about. I wonder how Harry is getting on.🤔

• Like 11

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

We have just booked a few nights at Warners. Dinner at 19.30 and breakfast at 9.45am. Very civilised....so if we could book times that easy on P&O folk would sceam....just like Bultintz. No like Warners.😁

I hope you and Gail have a wonderful time John.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

You can buy 'real' sausages that are lower in salt. I get some lovely frozen ones in asda. 

Avril

Your getting good at this now

Avril,Frank's in good hands  😊 

Should you and Frank be lucky enough to get away to a hotel

then ask the chef/staff to advise salt content.a low mid Amber,once in a while is fine, 

Said my cardio .

Hope you and Frank are well 👍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

For those who live in the South can I ask about traffic please.

Are there likely to be queues /  delays on the road from Poole or Weymouth to Southampton? Is traffic an issues from there or the Nee Forest.

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Are there likely to be queues /  delays on the road from Poole or Weymouth to Southampton? Is traffic an issues from there or the Nee Forest.

Thanks.

Normally not bad west to east but the new forest is safer. East to west can get heavy.

Edited by zap99
  • Thanks 1

I have been out for lunch with my sisters and I think that I have probably gained a stone in weight but it was worth it.  One sister is in Tenerife so just 3 of us and one 20 month old bossy boots who is teething so so mum decided to leave her with granny rather than taking her to the nursery adjoining the school where she works.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks.

The worst bit of the A31 is normally around the Wimborne area (both east and west) so you can expect some delays there. Travelling from Poole or Weymouth you can either leave the M27 at the M271 junction or leave the A31 at Cadnam and take the A336 (which can be a good option at peak times).

If the traffic is clear I will always use the M271 option as it is generally faster. Otherwise as long as you travelling outside of rush hour it should be ok. 

Edited by Angel57
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

They are absolutely brilliant.  Their mum would be proud of them and their dad is fantastic with them but when they are not around and he opens up a bit it is clear that he is struggling.  My sister is trying to persuade him to get some grief counselling but like a lot of men he thinks that going for counselling is a sign of weakness.

Sadly, the problem for men is that they tend  not to confide in their friends like women do - in fact, many of them do not have close men friends, and do not like to appear emotional in front of their women friends/relatives.  Fortunately younger men are getting more able to do so than the older stiff upper lipped generation.  I found talking to my friends and my children about grief, guilt and anger fairly easy and their views helpful.

• Like 6