P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning ,blazing sunshine here today .

Last night we watched a drone display film,which we thought was a good 

way of honoring the ww2 veterans .

Thought I would share with you who may not have seen it .

Have a good day ! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Morning all.  It’s bright & sunny here but a whippy breeze (?wind) will take the edge off, I think

Michelle - hope your Mum is improving and returning to her previous self

Enjoy Sunday everyone.  Last weekend before the footie starts.  Cricket T20 already on the go.  Not looking great for England but Scotland will be hoping6E150ED4-AC41-451A-A480-2D19EFE6CD3C.thumb.jpeg.64fbe938c66c00c06a91cfaf93fecaf0.jpeg

Lovely picture, looks very calm.

My mum is doing well, she is quite bruised but not needing any painkillers. She is on a soft food diet for a couple of weeks.

Michelle

• Like 9

This is mainly for Brian although others may be interested. I am travelling to York today and meeting up with a first cousin, Charles, the son of my birth fathers brother. It will be the first time I will knowingly have met a blood family member. He is from Nebraska and travelling with his wife on a European tour. 

My wife, Marie and I will be staying a couple of nights and will show them some Yorkshire countryside, although the weather is not forecast to be good. If there is any interest I will report back after I return home.

• Like 18

20 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

This is mainly for Brian although others may be interested. I am travelling to York today and meeting up with a first cousin, Charles, the son of my birth fathers brother. It will be the first time I will knowingly have met a blood family member. He is from Nebraska and travelling with his wife on a European tour. 

My wife, Marie and I will be staying a couple of nights and will show them some Yorkshire countryside, although the weather is not forecast to be good. If there is any interest I will report back after I return home.

Have an amazing time with  your family 😍😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I hope that you have a great time with your family members.  It must be wonderful to be finally meeting a member of your blood family, hopefully you will be able to find more information about your other blood relatives.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Thanks Bob,good luck.I met up with my aunt in Northampton, where she lives, recently.Her brother was there also.She only met him when I did for the first time in London.He has a half sister thru his dad.I persuaded him to ask her to get a Ancestry DNA,if that is linked to me it would prove that his dad is my grandad making him a full uncle.OMG this is complicated stuff,I'm getting confused myself.I come from a very dysfunctional family,but all the resulting offspring are down to earth nice people.Cheers,Brian.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2024 at 10:48 PM, Josy1953 said:

We also prefer to have a table for 2, not because we are anti-social but because we found many cruises ago that we never eat more than 3 courses and it feels rude to get up and leave the table while other people are still eating.

We also invariably eat in the speciality restaurants several times a week just for the quieter experience.

We generally have tables for 2, but share sometimes. I know when I'm in the doghouse . DW asks for 2 tables for one.

• Haha 14

4 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I doubt our Yorkshire weather could possibly spoil this memorable moment for you Bob. Have a wonderful  few days in York with your family, and I would love to hear how it all went.

Nice to see you posting on this thread again.

Avril

• Like 8

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Thanks Bob,good luck.I met up with my aunt in Northampton, where she lives, recently.Her brother was there also.She only met him when I did for the first time in London.He has a half sister thru his dad.I persuaded him to ask her to get a Ancestry DNA,if that is linked to me it would prove that his dad is my grandad making him a full uncle.OMG this is complicated stuff,I'm getting confused myself.I come from a very dysfunctional family,but all the resulting offspring are down to earth nice people.Cheers,Brian.

If you think that’s is complicated, I have recently been in contact with 2 cousin after matching with them on Ancestry, both are the offspring of my father’s elder brother, by 2 different women, he was married with a young family at the time and non of his children were aware of their existence either. We are meeting with one of them, who is coming over from Australia in a few weeks time to meet his newly discovered family. 

In the last few days I have discovered that the daughter of a great great uncle in Idaho USA, was married 5 times, 4 divorces, one marriage lasted less than 3 months, apart from her first husband, all the rest were younger than her, from 1 to 15 years younger.

One of her sons was shot dead during a shoot out with the police, he was about to kill his wife and youngest child. 

I discovered all this when linking to one of my DNA matches. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

If you think that’s is complicated, I have recently been in contact with 2 cousin after matching with them on Ancestry, both are the offspring of my father’s elder brother, by 2 different women, he was married with a young family at the time and non of his children were aware of their existence either. We are meeting with one of them, who is coming over from Australia in a few weeks time to meet his newly discovered family. 

In the last few days I have discovered that the daughter of a great great uncle in Idaho USA, was married 5 times, 4 divorces, one marriage lasted less than 3 months, apart from her first husband, all the rest were younger than her, from 1 to 15 years younger.

One of her sons was shot dead during a shoot out with the police, he was about to kill his wife and youngest child. 

I discovered all this when linking to one of my DNA matches. 

That's quite a story.In my case it's the old uns that are to blame.My nan Ivy and her 2 partners at least were all putting it about at once,having kids,offloading them and keeping them all a secret.Ivy gave my aunt to her brother and she didn't find out till she was 20.That's the tip of the iceberg,lol.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend and has better weather than us. It feels more like March temperatures than June, it has rained most of today too. If I wanted Icelandic weather I would go to Iceland. 

@brian1 we had our pro-rata cruise refund Saturday morning, it was more than I calculated so happy with the outcome.

• Like 12

I popped into Tescos in Rainham today.. it was packed.  The car park was almost full.There were whole families there. On the way out we passed McDonalds and the queue was way outside their entrance.  There were also a load of delivery men waiting with their orange bags.

It made me wonder what my old mum and dad would have made of it all.   As we lived in an attic I couldn't have many friends in to play but on Sundays we were never even allowed to play in the street.

I think they would be confused and possibly appalled. I was confused too navigating my way round the store on my scooter!

How times have changed.

• Like 5

Good morning, another heavy rain morning.  I was woken at 4:50 by the phone ringing so had to jump out of bed and rush through to get the phone on case it was something important, it was one of those foreign call centres so I was really annoyed. DH can always manage to sleep through anything.

I hope everyone has a better start to the day.

• Like 8

Good Morning! 

I hope you are all well. Although I've had a short break I haven't really been away as I've still been following this thread and also @Megabear2 and @Selbourne on their Queen Anne voyages.  

The adventures of @brian1 and @yorkshirephil kept me reading with great interest. It was so lovely that you all met up and seemed to be having a good time all together. Glad you hear you've received refunds so promptly. 

i hope the mums are doing well and recovering well Michelle and Sue. Best wishes all round.

Me and Ted are doing ok although I've got a string of referrals in the pipeline following incidental findings on the CT scans after my fall. I would certainly have an "assistance needed" label should I book a cruise at the moment!

As ever, I send you all my very best wishes. Jane xxx

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning! 

I hope you are all well. Although I've had a short break I haven't really been away as I've still been following this thread and also @Megabear2 and @Selbourne on their Queen Anne voyages.  

The adventures of @brian1 and @yorkshirephil kept me reading with great interest. It was so lovely that you all met up and seemed to be having a good time all together. Glad you hear you've received refunds so promptly. 

i hope the mums are doing well and recovering well Michelle and Sue. Best wishes all round.

Me and Ted are doing ok although I've got a string of referrals in the pipeline following incidental findings on the CT scans after my fall. I would certainly have an "assistance needed" label should I book a cruise at the moment!

Lovely to hear from you Jane and welcome back to your virtual home.

I'm pleased both you and Ted are doing alright, and sincerely hope that there are reassuring  results from your referrals🤞

Please keep in touch and take care.🤗

Avril x

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone.

Well it's another cold, wet and miserable morning here. Pouring with rain, 6c  and with a feel of 2c😲.  Correct me if I'm wrong but it is almost mid June isn't it?

I've nothing planned for today just the usual daily jobs in the house.

Just as I'm typing the sun is bravely fighting to to break through the rain clouds so I may be able to get into the garden and tidy up the roses that the recent rain and strong winds have ruined🤞

I hope everyone has an enjoyable day, whatever you may have planned, whether on land or sea, and take care. x

Avril

• Like 7

Morning all

Lovely to hear from you Jane.  I hope you make some progress with your health - all of this stemming from a fall is a horrible shock for you.

Sunshine here after a murky couple of hours.  I think the SW is going to get the best of today’s weather.  It was lovely yesterday, with the Regal Princess round-Britain cruise passengers enjoying the sunshine

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone,

Welcome back Jane, it's good to hear from you again. I hope the results from your referrals are good.

Another day were we've had rain overnight, but the sun is trying to get through. Supposed to get up to 15c but as it's windy I doubt it will feel like it.

Got an appointment at local surgery this morning for a blood test, hopefully I won't become a pin cushion like last time!😬

Have everyone has a good day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone , hope everyone is ok ,apart from being woke up at daft o,clock

or having to endure scans or searching for blood that does not want to leave your

body when it comes to blood tests . 🙃

We had really heavy rain last night and all the dust off the scaffold has washed

down and the front door looks like it's been down a coal mine .

Talking of which, the scaffolders are here now to take it away,so best go move the car .

Have a good day everyone 🙂

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning everyone.

Well it's another cold, wet and miserable morning here. Pouring with rain, 6c  and with a feel of 2c😲.  Correct me if I'm wrong but it is almost mid June isn't it?

I've nothing planned for today just the usual daily jobs in the house.

Just as I'm typing the sun is bravely fighting to to break through the rain clouds so I may be able to get into the garden and tidy up the roses that the recent rain and strong winds have ruined🤞

I hope everyone has an enjoyable day, whatever you may have planned, whether on land or sea, and take care. x

Avril

Same sort of weather here Avril, it is almost an icy wind, especially in Barnsley earlier where it seems to blow between the buildings. Does anybody know who I can complain to and demand compensation? 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning! 

Take care Jane.  I hope that all of your referrals go well, it is a worrying time waiting for appointments and results.  I hope that you will soon be in a position to cruise again soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Does anybody know who I can complain to and demand compensation? 

All that information is stored in a cloud 🙃

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I dumped the teenagers at school at their respective times.  The eldest told me that after Wednesday he has finished until college in September.  Miss Grumpy told me that she thinks that she should be able to finish on Wednesday too, I was very sympathetic and suggested that she raises the subject with dad, I know that she won't get anywhere with that 🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1