P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

This is where I am today and look at the sky. (Haugesund, Norway). This is the last port before arriving home on Saturday. 
I am enjoying Iona very much, but my daily step count has trebled!

Hope everyone is well.

Gill x

IMG_0241.jpeg

I'm really pleased to hear you are having a fabulous cruise on Iona Gill.

Graham x

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I expanded the photo and spotted him by the trees.  We don't get to see deers, just old dears on our estate. 🙂

Sounds like a good spot for a care home.😉

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

It was a bit hard to see - but does in stay in the wood, or eat and ruin plants in your garden, as my daughter finds happens to her, with a more sturdy fence than yours seems to be.  Maybe hers 'down south' are more adventurous and brazen.  You certainly have a lovely view.

Hi lincslady, this appears to be a very young deer, we saw three together a couple of weeks ago but only one just recently. So far this year we don’t appear to have had them visiting the garden, unlike last year when loads of my plants were eaten. 

I love seeing them but the woods and farmland are quite expansive so they are not here everyday. We toyed with the idea of moving earlier this year as our house is really too big for the two of us but after looking at smaller ones we decided to stay.  My daughter thought we were crazy to move as it unlikely we could find another house with the views and wildlife we have here. 

Jennizor

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning All

News from me this week : On Tuesday night I had a call at 7pm from my GP - just checking in to see how I am. She wanted to know if any appointments had come through yet. They haven't so she's chasing them. Wasn't that lovely? My hospital and GP experiences to date have been so good. I couldn't feel more cared for.

Here is a picture of Ted who's just been for a hair cut and blow-dry. He's so handsome!

Have a good day everyone. Be well. Jane xx

20240613_122710.jpg

Ted looks great! Our Ted had his groom last week but his fur has grown so much already. Maybe it’s his new, expensive supplements which we started giving him recently. He’s certainly back to being full of energy and hopefully completely over his lumber injury. 

fdc0c5a7-bafb-475d-803e-8cce1628b127.jpeg

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Ted looks great! Our Ted had his groom last week but his fur has grown so much already. Maybe it’s his new, expensive supplements which we started giving him recently. He’s certainly back to being full of energy and hopefully completely over his lumber injury. 

fdc0c5a7-bafb-475d-803e-8cce1628b127.jpeg

Thanks Damian. I know I've said this before but I cannot get over how alike our Teds are. I'm glad your Ted is over his lumbar injury - he looks lovely! Jane xx

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks Damian. I know I've said this before but I cannot get over how alike our Teds are. I'm glad your Ted is over his lumbar injury - he looks lovely! Jane xx

As I always say to him when we are out walking and see another cockapoo “There’s another of your cousins!”

• Haha 5

It's a bit chilly here in London but apparently much better than home where there is persistent heavy ran continuing from yesterday.

Had a great time with our family yesterday celebrating my sister in law's 70th birthday with a lovely lunch and get together.  Only one family member couldn't get the day off work so 22 of us sat down across three tables. It was a great warm up for our Aurora cruise in August when all 23 will be sailing.

My three eldest nieces had spent hours making personalised goodie bags and individually boxed cup cakes as well.  It was so nice to all be together gor once.  

Today the celebration continues as my husband and I are taking the birthday girl and her husband out for another lunch, this time just the four of us and then on to the theatre.  I met my husband through my sister in law when we worked together 47 years ago so we have a very special bond.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 16

It's windy and dry after all yesterday's rain, but more there's more to come in the forecast.

Got woken up this morning by the re-cycling lorry backing down the lane behind our house. They were supposed to have come yesterday.

A bit of running aound this afternoon. My daughter's borrowed my car and will bring it back lunchtime. I have then need to give her a lift into Penzance, before returning home to dog sit, until my son comes home to take her (the dog) home. He's dog and house sitting while my daughter's away for the weekend. 

• Like 6

Dull weather here, after a really nasty day yesterday, with a virtual gale through the evening and a ton of rain.  Blimmin’ jet stream!

No news, so I’ll just say Bob Voyage to anyone setting off this weekend, on land or sea, and Welcome Home to anyone returning

C2C9F1D8-B7D8-4043-8A7A-75C1482708D3.jpeg

Edited by Eddie99
  • Haha 17

22 hours ago, purplesea said:

I didn't have a problem seeing it!

I won't be feeding any wild animals, but I think I would prefer to let a deer have my chips than a pesky seagull.

Ps .told you it would brighten up next week😂.

Pps . Predictive thought I was going to Brighton. 🤣

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

You know who is alive and well and sends his best. He looks in often. Look for a ' princess live from ' on FB.

Nice to know he is still doing ok ,pity someone could not give us an update on Harry 

as well.

Not into FB ,so sadly will miss that one ,pass on our best wishes please .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Nice to know he is still doing ok ,pity someone could not give us an update on Harry 

as well.

He will see your post as he is a spy.🤣

• Haha 3

I know this is a bit random but has anyone else noticed that there are lots of grey cars on the roads these days. For us more mature people don't they look like they only have their primer coat and still need finishing off.

Other than that it is a decent day here and is definitely warming up.

I hope all are well and have a good weekend, not that weekends are much different to any other day for a lot of us. 

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I know this is a bit random but has anyone else noticed that there are lots of grey cars on the roads these days. For us more mature people don't they look like they only have their primer coat and still need finishing off.

I hope all are well and have a good weekend, not that weekends are much different to any other day for a lot of us. 

Well that is because car manufacturers produce cars in base colours in batches, my current car is Grey, ( KIA), is nearly 3yrs old, when i was invited  last month to order my new (KIA) as my pcp is due to end later this year,Salesman told me this years base colour is "infidel" Red, if i wanted a gey one £500 more!! ....So i have ordered a red one.with a protective finish!!, also £500 extra. sorry to jump on your "random" post.  but i like to post sometimes

when i have a view to offer.

Edited by Grumpycruiser60plus
Missing words
  • Like 7

34 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Our daughter collected her new Captur on Wednesday guess what colour? Yes thats right Oyster Grey with a black roof, very smart 🙂

• Like 8

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

You know who is alive and well and sends his best. He looks in often. Look for a ' princess live from ' on FB.

I'm not on FB unfortunately. CC is the only one I've ever or ever will be be on.

I know class when I see it😉

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 14

32 minutes ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

but i like to post sometimes

when i have a view to offer.

Don't wait until then. I'm sure you've noticed we rabbit on about everything and nothing😁

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, kalos said:

as well.

We never use FB either so pass on our best wishes too.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Don't wait until then. I'm sure you've noticed we rabbit on about everything and nothing😁

Avril

Which is just what this thread is for, the number of posts proves the point. I don't usually go for the trivial as I think about the deep meaningful issues like "how do vampires put their make up on" or why are they not "making yardsticks any longer"

• Haha 11

Just been pricing up flights to Barcelona for may school holidays 2025 and nearly fell of my chair. I know school holidays more expensive but OMG.....stupid money curently being asked......guess will be looking at Southampton cruises. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

My Yaris Cross is grey, I had a choice of free colours , and as my Captur I was trading in was blue and previous one was red, I chose grey.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

My Yaris Cross is grey, I had a choice of free colours , and as my Captur I was trading in was blue and previous one was red, I chose grey.

DW asked why I had " black " on a label on my car key..... I said ,In case I forget dear. Why have you got " Gail " written on the other side. I said.....nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5