P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good Morning Everyone

I won't dwell too much on the football suffice to say that watching England feels like walking a tightrope with no safety net. Still a win's a win and we have at least one world-class player in the multi-talented Mr Bellingham. Nice goal young man.

I think we're promised a welcome 22c down here today which will make a nice change from the low temperatures and excessive rain we've had recently. It won't last but a nice start to a new week.

I'm out for a coffee with a friend this morning then another friend is coming to mine this afternoon so a nice chatty day to look forward to.

I hope you all have a good Monday too. Be well. Jane xx

• Like 12

Good morning.

It is 12°C and clear in Sunderland.

Good win for England.

Shame Rory McIlroy missed the putt on the last and second again.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to a new week.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

I won't dwell too much on the football suffice to say that watching England feels like walking a tightrope with no safety net. Still a win's a win and we have at least one world-class player in the multi-talented Mr Bellingham. Nice goal young man.

I think we're promised a welcome 22c down here today which will make a nice change from the low temperatures and excessive rain we've had recently. It won't last but a nice start to a new week.

I'm out for a coffee with a friend this morning then another friend is coming to mine this afternoon so a nice chatty day to look forward to.

I hope you all have a good Monday too. Be well. Jane xx

That sounds like a good day ahead for you, Jane. Ted will enjoy his visitors too (Freddie always thinks anyone who comes to the house is there for him 🤣).

Gill x

• Like 10

Morning everyone, hope you are all well.

Bright and sunny here, but not only expected to reach a temp of 15c, but at least the wind we've had for the last few days has dropped.

A couple of errands in Penzance this morning and a cake to bake for OH to take to a meeting this evening, but no other plans.

Have an enjoyable day.

• Like 9

Good morning everyone. A dull morning here but weather forecast says sunny later so fingers crossed.

Not sure what I am doing today yet, always things I can find that need doing in the house. I should go to the gym too.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 9

Morning!

It’s sunny, bright and warm 😳 Could summer finally be here? 🤞

We’re leading the Wednesday walk this week, so are off to recce it this morning.  It ends at a pub, so looks like we might be refreshing ourselves there afterwards

Hope your day is good

• Like 8

Nothing but good news all round here!

It's a glorious day and depending where you get your weather forecast from it's going to be a glorious week too with the sun meant to smile until Saturday!

The celebrations for the 70th birthday girl were finally concluded on Saturday and it was a quiet day of relaxation in the garden yesterday.

Today I face a new challenge as I have to find travel insurance for my two friends aged 76 and 78 who want to book a holiday to Spain.  So far they have spoken to Iona's godmother's company who say they're looking at £500 plus so I've taken on the challenge which may be interesting. 

On the baby front our new family arrival who was delivered by emergency C section while I was away on Queen Anne has now been allowed home and been given the all clear after his two lots of CPR at birth.  He's doing very well and now has a name of Remy.  

Sports wise it's going to thankfully be a nice quiet time until we head up to Scotland in mid July, just Royal Ascot from tomorrow for me so lots of time to enjoy the football as well.  No Newmarket July Festival for me this year either as we will be in Edinburgh so even my racing calendar is clear until the end of July for Glorious Goodwood.

In a fit of madness this morning I've booked a cruise on Iona for 5 October, I picked my own cabin and put a big X against no upgrades in the hope I will like her better than Arvia.  My diary is now completely full for cruises through until April next year.

Have a great day everyone, it's one of those times it's good to be alive.

• Like 18

4 hours ago, Angel57 said:

That sounds like a good day ahead for you, Jane. Ted will enjoy his visitors too (Freddie always thinks anyone who comes to the house is there for him 🤣).

Gill x

Ted is exactly the same Gill. He seems to think that he was only

put on this earth to be admired! Jane xx

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

On the baby front our new family arrival who was delivered by emergency C section while I was away on Queen Anne has now been allowed home 

Very pleased to hear that all is ok  Megabear 2..  Love the name!

Can I say many many thanks to you all for your  best wishes re my new ggrandson Riley.   Mum, Dad and Baby are all fine now.  Mum had a bit of a rough ride, but they have sent photos and they look amazing.   

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Ted is exactly the same Gill. He seems to think that he was only

put on this earth to be admired! Jane xx

This can apply to our dog lovers too.

IMG_3006.jpeg.ff85b21f2b886fedf1e3dc7f890ea30e.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

It's a glorious day and depending where you get your weather forecast from it's going to be a glorious week too with the sun meant to smile until Saturday!

The celebrations for the 70th birthday girl were finally concluded on Saturday and it was a quiet day of relaxation in the garden yesterday.

Today I face a new challenge as I have to find travel insurance for my two friends aged 76 and 78 who want to book a holiday to Spain.  So far they have spoken to Iona's godmother's company who say they're looking at £500 plus so I've taken on the challenge which may be interesting. 

On the baby front our new family arrival who was delivered by emergency C section while I was away on Queen Anne has now been allowed home and been given the all clear after his two lots of CPR at birth.  He's doing very well and now has a name of Remy.  

Sports wise it's going to thankfully be a nice quiet time until we head up to Scotland in mid July, just Royal Ascot from tomorrow for me so lots of time to enjoy the football as well.  No Newmarket July Festival for me this year either as we will be in Edinburgh so even my racing calendar is clear until the end of July for Glorious Goodwood.

In a fit of madness this morning I've booked a cruise on Iona for 5 October, I picked my own cabin and put a big X against no upgrades in the hope I will like her better than Arvia.  My diary is now completely full for cruises through until April next year.

I was very sceptical about my cruise on Iona to Norway last week, but I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the ship….

I’m sure you will have a great cruise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Angel57 said:

I was very sceptical about my cruise on Iona to Norway last week, but I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the ship….

I’m sure you will have a great cruise.

Having sailed 6 times on Iona and 2 more booked I think she is a lovely ship with great crew and fantastic crew in the Speciality restaurants.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Having sailed 6 times on Iona and 2 more booked I think she is a lovely ship with great crew and fantastic crew in the Speciality restaurants.

I agree about the speciality restaurants (which I mostly used) but also the smaller dining room Aqua is rather pleasant - especially for breakfast.

• Like 4

We were apprehensive about Iona but found her to be really nice, and very clever at hiding 5000 passengers!

Our walk was nice but sadly we found one unavoidable stile, so it won’t be suitable for one of the group who has a hip replacement which doesn’t allow her to negotiate stiles.  Six and a half miles and back to the drawing board!  Ho hum.

We found many of the paths very overgrown.  I think it’s because it has been such a wet and muddy year - people just couldn’t negotiate them over winter & spring, as they were waterlogged, so the grasses, brambles & nettles have run riot.  We could have done with a machete!A7A838A7-AF0C-4A05-8B4C-A76E2DD3D3C5.thumb.jpeg.cf2e6b769c37db9c8579ae8b30901eca.jpeg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Congratulations on the new addition to your family.

Arvia has a few more activities, i.e. the skywalk, crazy golf and the escape room, but none of those are of interest to me I found Iona very similar to Arvia. Although when I sailed on Iona she was sailing at half capacity, as occupancy was still restricted due to covid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't know where today has gone.  I had been a sad day, I didn't have to do the school run because today would have been my niece's 20th wedding anniversary and her husband decided to let their daughter take the day off school so that he, their son and daughter and my sister could spend the day doing some of their mum's favourite things.

• Like 15

It's turned out to me a nice warm sunny day, much better than expected☺️

I've spent most of the afternoon sitting in the garden reading and this evening it has still been warm enough to sit out with a glass of wine and am at present listening to the local church bells ringing. 

• Like 9

Apart from the late evening sun it’s been a cool with intermittent showers, some heavy anf prolonged. However in between the showers I have managed to rake level a piece of ground at side of greenhouse where the vegetable planter is going to go. Will put down weed barrier first and cover with gravel, then moving the empty planter which I have also lined today into place.

The next job will be to order a skip to dispose of the remains of the old raised beds, old decking, rubble from a demolished wall and other assorted rubbish from the side of the garage. I can then tackle the Ivy that has grown up the wall. 

Hopefully there will be some dry weather in the next week or two to enable this to be done.

• Like 3

Good (rather early) morning from Lincs.  After quite a few better nights, a short  one this time.  The sky is blue at 5, and though that  may not last, the weather looks to be on the up thank goodness.  Just hoping to have enough nice days to wear the couple of new summer tops.

I love the names for the two new little boys - just wondering if Remy might have Martin as his second name?  My favourite cognac.

I hope we all have a good day, and that anyone not too well is on the mend.

• Like 8

Good morning @lincsladyand any others struggling with sleep.  I listened to Newscast on the radio, tried again to sleep before giving up!  I too had had a couple of better nights before this one. 

I have a rare clear day ahead of me; absolutely nothing on my calendar and so my choices include weeding the block paving - a never-ending job, catching up with admin and possibly going out for either lunch or afternoon tea.  I'm seeing friends on Wednesday and Thursday so the sensible thing to do would be to catch up with household jobs.

Last night I went to a make-up demonstration with a friend to support a local social initiative.  I now know how much I didn't know about make-up today!  The model was a fresh-faced 16 year old and the demonstrator very knowledgeable and the results were subtle and impressive.  Around 10 products were used to get the effect - who knew?  I use a moisturiser, a bit of lippy and if it's a special occasion, maybe a touch of eyeshadow!

Can I give my thanks to those of you who post cartoons on a regular basis including @kalos, @grapau27 and @Eddie99.  They brighten my day, which I value as I try to escape the politics and football which seem to be dominating the airwaves.  I am a bit of a politics nerd, but I've had enough, and I have no interest at all in football 🥺.

Good wishes to you all whatever you are up to 🙂

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

Good morning @lincsladyand any others struggling with sleep.  I listened to Newscast on the radio, tried again to sleep before giving up!  I too had had a couple of better nights before this one. 

I have a rare clear day ahead of me; absolutely nothing on my calendar and so my choices include weeding the block paving - a never-ending job, catching up with admin and possibly going out for either lunch or afternoon tea.  I'm seeing friends on Wednesday and Thursday so the sensible thing to do would be to catch up with household jobs.

Last night I went to a make-up demonstration with a friend to support a local social initiative.  I now know how much I didn't know about make-up today!  The model was a fresh-faced 16 year old and the demonstrator very knowledgeable and the results were subtle and impressive.  Around 10 products were used to get the effect - who knew?  I use a moisturiser, a bit of lippy and if it's a special occasion, maybe a touch of eyeshadow!

Can I give my thanks to those of you who post cartoons on a regular basis including @kalos, @grapau27 and @Eddie99.  They brighten my day, which I value as I try to escape the politics and football which seem to be dominating the airwaves.  I am a bit of a politics nerd, but I've had enough, and I have no interest at all in football 🥺.

Good wishes to you all whatever you are up to 🙂

IMG_20240618_074506.jpg

• Haha 10

Good morning everyone, it’s a dull morning here but same as yesterday the sun is forecast to appear after lunch.

A bit of a change of plan for me today. I was meeting friends for coffee this morning, trying a new place that has just opened but last night whilst eating some garlic bread part of my tooth broke off so it looked like an emergency appointment at the dentist. 

I will go to the gym too in the afternoon carrying on my attempts to get fitter and keep my muscles working as best I can.

Mrsgoggins, I sympathise about the weeding of the block paving, we have the same problem. The paving appears to be quite old, we would love to replace it but it would be really expensive so the maintenance of it will have to suffice.

I hope all the new mummies, babies and daddies are doing well. 

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1