P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, lindyloo22 said:

Good morning all it’s been raining hard this morning temp is 13c so not to cold, I think it’s going to be a sad day for me as I have to take my dog to the vets and I’m not 100% sure I will be bringing him home I have me fingers crossed.

Hope your doggie is ok and that he gets to come home with you 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Thank you everyone one that has wished him well his 14 1/2 years old who loves to go out for his walks but his back legs have given up on him, we are not going to the vets until late this afternoon so making the most of the time with him.

I can feel your emotions as we have been through it a couple of times not knowing if we will be bringing them home or not.

We will be thinking about you

Michelle

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Damp and overcast here this morning, flub jabs for both of us later, then our traditional post jab coffee and cake at Starbucks. 

Had flu jab, vaccinator was a someone we have known for years, always joke with her that she made me faint when took my bloods during her training at the practice, 25 years later I didn’t faint from flu jab. So far no side effects other than sore arm.

Practice not offering the other jab this year due to amount wasted by people not turning up to appointments, unlike flu the vaccine has to be drawn from a vial which has to be kept in fridge and if not used has to be disposed of. A list of local pharmacies giving the jab was provided, either book or walk-in, former is preferred. 

I got the car valeted whilst having coffee and cake in Starbucks, so back shiny and clean inside and out. 

• Like 5

, My husband and I are going to Norway in March, 2025 on our first P&O cruise.  I have enjoyed reading the various P&O threads, but I must confess that I'm having trouble following some of the conversations.  What is a "mushy pea"?  Anyway, the weather here is the usual: no rain and none in sight, 90 degrees plus everyday for the foreseeable future. I'll swim later on, but the temperature of the pool water is like a lukewarm bath. Looking forward to going on our cruise!

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, d66d66 said:

, My husband and I are going to Norway in March, 2025 on our first P&O cruise.  I have enjoyed reading the various P&O threads, but I must confess that I'm having trouble following some of the conversations.  What is a "mushy pea"?  Anyway, the weather here is the usual: no rain and none in sight, 90 degrees plus everyday for the foreseeable future. I'll swim later on, but the temperature of the pool water is like a lukewarm bath. Looking forward to going on our cruise!

We have been on land holidays and several cruises that took in ports in Norway  It is lovely part of the world. Are you going to the Fjords ?

Mushy peas are a British side dish, they are dried peas that have been soaked in bicarbonate of soda, usually overnight and the drained and rinsed well before boiling until they have gone very soft.

image.png.e350aac6dcd1e4b81c24b1fa014d0241.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Waju said:

I think the cheese on the lasagne and the garlic bread might say different kalos 😉

Looks bloomin' lovely though!

It was🙂 but I made the mistake of using my phone whilst out and about .

should have read "healthier" as to the other things I could have chosen .

I had two little slices of Garlic bread ,which I had rather than a bowl of chips ,

which some hate with gravy or peas mushy or otherwise 🙃

Note I left the "s" off the peas  even though you could eat just one I suppose🤣

21 minutes ago, d66d66 said:

, My husband and I are going to Norway in March, 2025 on our first P&O cruise.  I have enjoyed reading the various P&O threads, but I must confess that I'm having trouble following some of the conversations.  What is a "mushy pea"?  

Hope you enjoy your cruise and when you get to Southampton ,get yourselves 

off to Fish and Chip shop and ask for them with" Mushy peas ".  

Please note they do not sell them on their own ,you will get a pot full .😉🙃

download.jpg.6d08d80609ec4d94379cd1cd6db4e27c.jpg Enjoy 😃😋

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Mushy peas are a British side dish, they are dried peas that have been soaked in bicarbonate of soda, usually overnight and the drained and rinsed well before boiling until they have gone very soft.

Well I never knew that Josy.😃

I just presumed they were softened mashed up peas

The things yer learn on 'ere!🙃

Thank you

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, d66d66 said:

Well, now I know!  The first picture looks like a bowl of Guacamole and the second picture looks interesting.  Are you sure this is a food item?  Is this some sort of joke that you Brits like to pull on unsuspecting Americans?🤔🤭🤣

No way, we're not like the Aussies with their "drop bears".Mushy peas are just a type of pea called marrowfat mushed up a little.IMG_20241004_192002681.thumb.jpg.3196158be9297a9fd819edf0f3b72662.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, d66d66 said:

Well, now I know!  The first picture looks like a bowl of Guacamole and the second picture looks interesting.  Are you sure this is a food item?  Is this some sort of joke that you Brits like to pull on unsuspecting Americans?🤔🤭🤣

It’s what you guys know as baking soda that provoke mushy peas shall we say to serve to remind you that you’ve eaten them!

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, d66d66 said:

Never !!!   You can trust us Brits .. Honest 😃 

Watch below  ....

• Like 1

I have always assumed that mushy peas have colouring added to them, as they are often so garish.  That is one thing which puts me off, but the flavour does in any case.  Chacun a son gout.  I would say that at least 50% of Brits like them, so I am probably in a minority.  All you can do is try them - and report back if you do,  please.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Just to let all you lovely people know that I have my old boy home with me, 1 injection for pain  and anti inflammatory tablets the vet said we should know by Friday if the injections etc are working so fingers toes and anything else I can cross. Thank you all again for your kind words.

image.gif.8d6ca44b85464c2bdd9d1dcd8a687528.gif     GREAT NEWS     image.gif.543fb860f24c9950627240d25a3ada67.gif    

So pleased for you all ,give the old boy a hug from me 😃

• Like 5

Thank you so much for the mushy peas explanation!  I will promise to try them, but I'm darn sure not going to dip a french fry into the bowl. There were a couple of items on one of the breakfast menus that I have been curious to try: Kedgeree and Kippers.  The latter always make me think of Fawlty Towers.🤣

• Haha 4