P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

This evening saw someone who should be nominated for a Darwin Award.

Man mid twenties icon an electric scooter riding on wrong side of the busy road that is outside our house, wearing headphones and phone one in hand. He must have a death wish, same man almost caused an accident 2 weeks ago fortunately motorist was able to brake in time as he shot across the road, I was coming out of local Coop at time. He has been reported but police need to catch him in act, as no other way of identifying him. 

• Like 1

Awake annoyingly early again.  Just to say that CC has been going off and on all round the world recently, complaints on lots of forums.  An overall explanation from them would  be nice, and also to have an idea of when it will improve.  I know nowt about technology, but feel sure that there would  be  a way of them communicating to everyone involved with just the press of a button?

• Like 6

Given up trying to sleep, I have been awake since before 5am.  I don't even have the excuse of traffic noise because it is so quiet where we live.  Some mornings I blame cats or foxes taking a walk through the back garden because the movement sensitive lights come on but not this morning.

• Like 5

Morning all.  Feels like it’s a good idea to say Hello whilst the site is behaving itself

I’ve been enjoying looking at the winter 26/27 offerings.  What a long time ahead though!  I can’t decide whether it’s sensible to book so early, or not

How long has the *Compare* feature been available?  Has it been there ages and I’ve missed it, or is it new?  I like it, anyway

Enjoy your day everyone 

• Like 11

Morning all,

Another dull and dismal day, but not really cold at 14c.

I have had a quick look at the new cruise itineraries, but nothing jumps out at me. Before the recent releases I had been looking at a couple for September next year. I was asked by a friend if I was interested in seeing Six at the theatre with them next year and just said yes without asking when. Turns out it's the same time as the cruises I was looking at. So back to the drawing board!

Going over to Mum's later, but nothing else planned.

Hope you all have a good day.

• Like 8

Good morning.

I've been awake since  5.45 am. My own fault I'm afraid, I ought to have learnt by now that food after 10 pm = indegestion. (2 water biscuits and a small piece of cheese)🙄

I've had inermittent problems with this site for over  two days. I was getting rather frustrated,  so gave up altogether for a while. Pleased to see it's up and running this morning. I hope I haven't just jinxed it🤞

I hope everyone with sore arms are improving now and @lindyloo22 I was saddened to read your beautiful boy passed, but the memories of your time him will stay with you forever.

I was going to go back to bed for an hour but the sky's lightening now so I think I'll get dressed and stay up.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Avril

• Like 11

The site has been very temperamental over the last week or so by either being down or very slow…… very frustrating esp with no explanations as to why!

Anyway, it is a bit damp and foggy here so am hoping it soon cheers up.

Been thinking of you @lindyloo22 and hoping you are ok after your lovely boy passing over the Rainbow Bridge.

We went to Knoll Beach (Studland) yesterday to meet friends. It’s the first time I’ve been there and it is certainly a lovely stretch of sand. Freddie enjoyed himself (especially with another cockapoo 🐶🙈).

Have a good day everyone.

Gill x

• Like 9

Morning ,hope everyone is well (that goes for this site as well )

We soon find other things to distract us when we cannot get onto here.

I was looking at some future cruisers that P&O had e-mailed to me and

amongst some of these ,so called bargains ,when you select the select price,

you find it is asking costs almost £300pp,to chose your own cabin😲

They then want to give you £200 back per cabin ..Not on my watch !

Apart from that I was looking around YouTube and found a good section on 

"How to make your own sausages "   Very good ,I could have sent you all a link 🙃

Have a good day -Take Care .🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Thanks everyone for your kind words, I decided today I would go for a walk and find my doggie friends have a lot of treats to give away will do this every so often, had a few doggie cuddles, I’m feeling much better after talking to some of my friends. I did walk around in dark glasses did get a few strange looks as it’s a bit gloomy and drizzly here.

• Like 10

We decided that today was a good day to go to the wine warehouse to top up our stock.  When we got home our ring door bell was flashing green and had to be reset it was obviously upset because Virgin have the road dug up again for some reason, they must have switched the wifi off for a while but it is back on again now.  I sometimes wonder why we have so many gadgets that want 24/7 wifi.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 10°C and cloudy here.

Like everyone else this site has been temperamental for me the last few days.

I hope everyone is well and have a nice day planned.

Very painful couple of days. Periodontist this morning. That don't hurt, but £175 for 30 mins!!. Covid and flu jabs tomorrow . One arm, or 2.?.🤔

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Very painful couple of days. Periodontist this morning. That don't hurt, but £175 for 30 mins!!. Covid and flu jabs tomorrow . One arm, or 2.?.🤔

Sorry to hear that.

The nurse at our surgery said it is best to have the jabs in different arms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For those who might understand these things, there is a post regarding the reason behind all these outages on the Crystal board, 'Serenity October 10th', page 2, post 43.  By a passenger whose son or son in law is on board and apparently knowledgeable.  To do with a business argument.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1