P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

PS We booked a week in Sorrento for Easter 2023 yesterday ..... looking forward to it already and all of the exploring we are planning to do. 🙂

Love Sorrento, one of our favourite places. Great handbag & shoe shops for the ladies!!

Michelle

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Happy Birthday, birthday people!

Well, the day started terribly wet but basically improved.  We got out late morning and got our 10000 steps in.  Lazy afternoon, watching the T20 cricket, then tonight really enjoyed a Côte at Home dinner.  Wonder if that might be our last “careful” meal for a while?  Booster jab next Friday & from what I’ve read (which may or may not be true) we’re up to maximum immunity from 7 days after.  Indoor restaurants?  I’ve forgotten how that works!

So, baked Camembert with rolls drizzled with white truffle honey

9B7B076A-425B-476A-ACE0-1003730CA661.thumb.jpeg.2cec57ee9a1c88b63798ce296864d81c.jpeg

then confit duck leg and lentils with carrots and kale

FEDCE90A-F163-4385-B845-3C58051ED7FB.thumb.jpeg.70e6ed0bb97bbf8c4980a3c48d7c7deb.jpeg

and finally

chocolate fondant with salted caramel and almonds

5E840F06-6479-45A3-9643-C88E5C0D9FA0.thumb.jpeg.19e2166fb631c9a002479cc70e2d4103.jpeg

All very nice.  I really rate the Côte at Home offering.  Next month is charcuterie, beef cheek and poached pears

That looks lovely!!!

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Happy Birthday, birthday people!

Well, the day started terribly wet but basically improved.  We got out late morning and got our 10000 steps in.  Lazy afternoon, watching the T20 cricket, then tonight really enjoyed a Côte at Home dinner.  Wonder if that might be our last “careful” meal for a while?  Booster jab next Friday & from what I’ve read (which may or may not be true) we’re up to maximum immunity from 7 days after.  Indoor restaurants?  I’ve forgotten how that works!

So, baked Camembert with rolls drizzled with white truffle honey

9B7B076A-425B-476A-ACE0-1003730CA661.thumb.jpeg.2cec57ee9a1c88b63798ce296864d81c.jpeg

then confit duck leg and lentils with carrots and kale

FEDCE90A-F163-4385-B845-3C58051ED7FB.thumb.jpeg.70e6ed0bb97bbf8c4980a3c48d7c7deb.jpeg

and finally

chocolate fondant with salted caramel and almonds

5E840F06-6479-45A3-9643-C88E5C0D9FA0.thumb.jpeg.19e2166fb631c9a002479cc70e2d4103.jpeg

All very nice.  I really rate the Côte at Home offering.  Next month is charcuterie, beef cheek and poached pears

I like your Poole pottery

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

PS We booked a week in Sorrento for Easter 2023 yesterday ..... looking forward to it already and all of the exploring we are planning to do. 🙂

One of our favourite places when we could fly.  We travelled around the surrounding area on the local buses, boats and trains which were excellent value for money.  I remember that we went to Pompeii by train and it was unbelievably easy to get to, we paid to join an English speaking guide around and it was well worth the money, I don't think that we would have got as much enjoyment without a guide.   Capri and ischia are well worth a visit and easy to do by the local ferry service.

• Like 1

Our vaccination hub was open today, usually we are only open Saturday and Sunday.  It was quite busy but 90% were over 65s including DH who I rang at at 4:30 and told to come down for his booster ( a week earlier than his 6 months between 2nd and 3 vaccines ) because we had a lot of no shows. Why do  people make appointments and not turn up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

We normally go out on our birthdays but our town on a Friday night is heaving especially with Halloween.Got a shedload of M&S  Chinese to go with my PG rose.Going to Basingstoke next weekend,Beefeater there is good.Cheers,Brian.PS hope you have a good one too Presto.

Happy birthday Brian.

Screenshot_20211028_164408.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We have been to Sorrento a few times but always in August. Brother and sister in law wanted to explore so we said we would go and Easter seems a time to go and enjoy the traditions etc. May be a bit chilly but who knows.  It was a rainy day yesterday so stayed in and did the research for hotels and deals --- it was like the good old days and left me really excited. No cruise that Easter but a land holiday instead 🙂

Happy birthday Presto.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Our vaccination hub was open today, usually we are only open Saturday and Sunday.  It was quite busy but 90% were over 65s including DH who I rang at at 4:30 and told to come down for his booster ( a week earlier than his 6 months between 2nd and 3 vaccines ) because we had a lot of no shows. Why do  people make appointments and not turn up.

Words fail Josy ... an insult to those waiting and those of you giving up free time to volunteer at the centres. Should be charged 1k and then they would perhaps act differently

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dorset cruise fan said:

I like your Poole pottery

Thanks

I’ve got about 8 settings plus various oddments.

When I broke a piece and sought a replacement it was so expensive I contemplated selling all I’ve got on the same “oddments” website and making my fortune!

Shame that Poole Pottery is all history now, though I do believe I read a piece about the firm, or a spin-off, rising from the ashes?

12 hours ago, Presto2 said:

The weather at the start of the day over here in Wales was apocalyptic, but by about 1pm the sun came out and it was a beautiful day.  We are having an M&S / Tesco mix chinese tonight with a lovely bottle of Rose Pinot Grigio. Have a great evening and happy 21st 😉 

"Great minds",lol.

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, a lovely sunny day here in Corsica, lots of wine, and looking forward to more wine and sun tomorrow on a sea day en route to Mallorca. 

You don't stop wineging Wowzz.

• Haha 2

Its what my dad called "a day when God's frowning" here, grey and gloomy. Holt is also very quiet as most folks here for half term will have gone home as Friday is changeover day here. Plans = zippo. I seem to have been out for lunch most of the week so I will cook my own for a change.  Other than that sofa, dachsies and a good book. Hope everyone else has a splendid day.

Em

14 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

then tonight really enjoyed a Côte at Home dinner.

Thank you.. have just been browsing their menus.  I know it sounds silly but us two very senior old softies sometimes have date nights where we dress up and go out for a meal just  the two of us.  They are really fun times

.. We do eat out quite a lot, but occasionally we call them date nights and really dress up and make a fuss of ourselves.   Those nights out have a different feeling.

Our kids have often done it so we thought we would do it too, much to the amusement of the grandkids. 

We are going to order the special "Date Night" menu, and get out the posh crockery etc!!!

• Like 3

Belated Happy Birthdays to Brian and Presto.

I've finally succumbed to our in-house Coronavirus after going for a drive through PCR test yesterday, with the resultant text message informing me that I have to isolate until midnight on 8th November. Kyle's isolation ends tonight, Michelle's on Wednesday.

I've just got heavy cold symptoms so I'm fine and I won't be missing anything other than going to the supermarkets and dropping things off for mum and dad. In a daft sort of way I'm going to consider it a break, especially from shopping.

Teddy is doing really well and Angel57's advice was spot on. He is getting more mischievous each day but we've not had any bother with him sleeping at night which is a blessing. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I've finally succumbed to our in-house Coronavirus after going for a drive through PCR test yesterday, with the resultant text message informing me that I have to isolate until midnight on 8th November. Kyle's isolation ends tonight, Michelle's on Wednesday.

I've just got heavy cold symptoms so I'm fine and I won't be missing anything other than going to the supermarkets and dropping things off for mum and dad. In a daft sort of way I'm going to consider it a break, especially from shopping.

Teddy is doing really well and Angel57's advice was spot on. He is getting more mischievous each day but we've not had any bother with him sleeping at night which is a blessing. 

Sorry to hear about your positive test, but sure Teddy will help you feel better…….

He is just gorgeous in the video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Thank you.. have just been browsing their menus.  I know it sounds silly but us two very senior old softies sometimes have date nights where we dress up and go out for a meal just  the two of us.  They are really fun times

.. We do eat out quite a lot, but occasionally we call them date nights and really dress up and make a fuss of ourselves.   Those nights out have a different feeling.

Our kids have often done it so we thought we would do it too, much to the amusement of the grandkids. 

We are going to order the special "Date Night" menu, and get out the posh crockery etc!!!

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it

It makes a nice compromise between actually going out for dinner and just having a ready meal or home delivery

Yesterday’s one was quite complicated, with 3 courses in the oven etc, so I had to annotate the instructions with timings for putting things in, and use the kitchen timer to alert me to take them out

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Sorry to hear you have now got the dreaded lurgi  as well Damian ,lets hope it stays just 

the odd sniffle .I have just phoned the daughter up and their household is now fully clear 

of the dammed thing .They just isolated the full family until they were all clear .

With the clocks going back you will be doing a longer isolation than the rest of your 

family so enjoy the rest Damian :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Belated birthday greetings to both Presto and Brian, hope you both had a good day.

Damien sorry to hear that you have caught covid from your family, hope you don't feel too bad and get well soon.

Nothing exciting happening down here, went out early to do a click and collect at Tesco and got talking to an ex-collegue about cruising with P&O as he has booked for next year. Got  to go to work later this afternoon as on another late shift! 

Weather is sunny spells and feels quite warm although heavy rain is forecast for later. 

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy your enforced break Damian.  More Teddy time!  Thanks for the video - I think all dogs love chasing a brush or being brave with the vacuum cleaner.

I hope you’ll find doggy friends for Teddy.  It’s lovely for them to have playtime with their own.

Like this!  Look at those tails!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DamianG said:

Sorry to hear you tested positive for covid19 Damian.

Hopefully your symptoms remain mild.

I got a hospital appointment today to see the consultant about my Basal cell carcinoma on my face in just over 2 weeks time.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Today has been a very challenging day. I have been very much upset by the accident that I witnessed earlier in the week. It gave me many things to consider. I have come to a major decision I will be moving back to Northants and will be searching for a home after Xmas. 

Oh you poor thing

It must have been awful

I saw a cat knocked down & killed when I was newly married, so about 50 years ago.  I can still recall all the sights and sounds and emotions.  How much worse with humans.

Good luck with your prospective move.  I guess it will be an easy sale, in a sought-after holiday area?