P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, ccpm said:

Today has been a very challenging day. I have been very much upset by the accident that I witnessed earlier in the week. It gave me many things to consider. I have come to a major decision I will be moving back to Northants and will be searching for a home after Xmas. 

Sorry to hear things are tough. I can only imagine what it must be like to witness such an accident, it must have been awful.

I’m at work and bored, it’s so quiet, so decided to see what is going on on here. The hotel closes tomorrow so no bookings coming in or enquiries to deal with. Most of the guests are out, although have served a few drinks from the bar.  I’ve still got two hours to go so it’s going to be a long night!

• Like 2

Just now, Eddie99 said:

72D5924C-E7ED-4203-BE30-9FCB7CBBE6B2.thumb.jpeg.2b772e44e2d0cc7a1a594d61b04a1c34.jpegf

I managed everything except the oven, even with the instruction manual it took 10 minutes.  I am sure that I haven't had a problem in the past 6 years since we bought it but this morning I was ready to give up and remember to look at the wall clock instead of the oven clock when I am cooking.

Blowing a mini gale and raining like heck here today. Didn't get much sleep mulling things over again and again. My brother things I am too impulsive and should wait longer, he is right I am more thinking.

Hope everyone else has more plans than me for today

Morning everyone.

Sunshine and showers down here with a temp of 12oC although the wind's making it feel colder.

Haven't had a problem changing the clocks, still got the one in the car to change but wasn't going out just to do so!!

I'm going over to work today to say goodbye to some of the people I have been working with as it's their last day, other than cooking dinner I have not plans.

Take care and stay safe.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Blowing a mini gale and raining like heck here today. Didn't get much sleep mulling things over again and again. My brother things I am too impulsive and should wait longer, he is right I am more thinking.

I think your brother is probably right. But from someone who has just taken 2 years to move it does no harm to do research and look online at property to get a feel of what is out there. 
You had a horrid experience and at the moment that may be closing your judgement.

Take your time and if you still feel the same after Christmas - go for it!

Gill x

• Like 5

Good morning hope everyone's ok :classic_smile: This morning is a good day for singing Cher's 

Song 🎶 If I could Turn Back Time 🎶 whilst going around sorting the clocks out .:classic_unsure:

For once I got a good eight hours sleep last night which is amazing as I was only in

bed for seven hours :classic_unsure: !   Strange times we live in :classic_smile:

Take care and stay safe everyone :classic_love:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

Witnessing an accident like that must have been devastating. I can still recall something similar from 55 years ago, but the memory does fade, along with the details. It could have happened anywhere (my memory involves a small child on the road from Felixstowe to Ipswich) and isn’t in any way linked to the beautiful place you’ve moved to.

You know how glowingly you’ve described that part of Norfolk, and how many lovely places you have within easy reach.

Your brother’s right - plenty of time to think things over. No need for rushed decisions. Take some time, and you may well reach an entirely different decision. If not, nothing lost. The weather looks good for where you are this afternoon. Head for the coast and have a walk in the sunshine. That always helps.

Harry

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Like 6

Warm-ish, some blue sky but absolutely crazy winds and sudden torrential showers.  Susie Dent’s word of the day yesterday was Thunderplump, which is apparently what they’re called

The trees were looking quite colourful less than a fortnight ago but now they’re nearly bare and all those glorious colours are a soggy, slippy mess on the pavements and in the gutters.

Daft how changing seasons always seems to surprise us 🙄

Anyway, we’ve managed to dodge the showers and get a decent walk in.  The pup still loves chasing the scurrying leaves over the cricket field - takes me back to a year ago, just after we got her, when leaves appeared to be her favourite toy.

Have an enjoyable Sunday everyone 

• Like 3

On 10/30/2021 at 10:49 AM, indiana123 said:

Thank you.. have just been browsing their menus.  I know it sounds silly but us two very senior old softies sometimes have date nights where we dress up and go out for a meal just  the two of us.  They are really fun times

.. We do eat out quite a lot, but occasionally we call them date nights and really dress up and make a fuss of ourselves.   Those nights out have a different feeling.

Our kids have often done it so we thought we would do it too, much to the amusement of the grandkids. 

We are going to order the special "Date Night" menu, and get out the posh crockery etc!!!

We love eating out but tend to go for lunch nowadays. It was the thing I missed most after family during lockdown . Not sure if Cote deliver our way 😢

• Like 1

Morning all, playing catch up again.

We did take Mum and Dad home late Friday afternoon, I’d feel easier if they stayed here (they do have really steep stairs) but I can understand them wanting to be home.

Then Friday night we went to the evening reception of our good friend’s daughter. John really wasn’t keen but he enjoyed it when we got there. We only stayed a couple of hours but it was lovely to get out. Being old friends there were plenty of people we knew to chat to.

Yesterday we did some much needed shopping ( I have a few birthdays this month to buy for) then called in to mum and dad. Much discussion on moving to a flat, hard work ahead!

Today I’m all alone for the first time in 12 days! John at work. I’ll be mostly ironing and catching up with tv! Think it’s easing now but the rain has been hammering down since I woke up!

Have a good day all, belated happy birthdays to Presto and Brian. 

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 6

Enjoy your quiet day Sue

Look after yourself - put yourself first in discussions about the future; you will be the lynch-pin, so you have to take priority

There are discussion forums which you might find interesting and helpful, even if only as a place to let off steam. Have a Google 

• Thanks 1

Thankyou everyone for your thoughts. I am going to reflect a lot more, my brother is a man of few words but when he utters them you need to listen.

The sun is starting to peek out and the dachsies have let me know they fancy the great outdoors. So I am going to load them all up and off we go to Holkham for a bit. One spot of rain on their fluff and they will be heading for the car in double quick time so may be back sooner than I thought.

Good news whilst I was peering at the freezer for inspiration (anyone else do that?) I spotted a bag that looked out of place. Bingo inside was a cooked lobster I bought a few weeks ago. So that is defrosting and I will knock something up later.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is raining and windy here too.

It is my late mam's 10th memory on Tuesday and her memory will be mentioned in church prayers 🙏 this morning.

Graham.

After a very wet, cloudy, dismal but  calm start to the day, it is now a beautiful sunny autumn day, with lots of blue sky, but with a fresh breeze.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is raining and windy here too.

It is my late mam's 10th memory on Tuesday and her memory will be mentioned in church prayers 🙏 this morning.

Graham.

We have just arrived at our hotel in Torquay. The weather forecast was rain and gales. Sitting in the sunshine eating lunch and looking out over the bay. 15oC. That's a bonus.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have just arrived at our hotel in Torquay. The weather forecast was rain and gales. Sitting in the sunshine eating lunch and looking out over the bay. 15oC. That's a bonus.

Hope the managers name is not Basil.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, playing catch up again.

We did take Mum and Dad home late Friday afternoon, I’d feel easier if they stayed here (they do have really steep stairs) but I can understand them wanting to be home.

Then Friday night we went to the evening reception of our good friend’s daughter. John really wasn’t keen but he enjoyed it when we got there. We only stayed a couple of hours but it was lovely to get out. Being old friends there were plenty of people we knew to chat to.

Yesterday we did some much needed shopping ( I have a few birthdays this month to buy for) then called in to mum and dad. Much discussion on moving to a flat, hard work ahead!

Today I’m all alone for the first time in 12 days! John at work. I’ll be mostly ironing and catching up with tv! Think it’s easing now but the rain has been hammering down since I woke up!

Have a good day all, belated happy birthdays to Presto and Brian. 

Cheers Sue,the guy laying the BIL's bathroom floor has just drove from Medway and said the roads were almost flooded.Got it earlier here but sunny now,Brian.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

That's great news Zap.

I hope the weather stays fine and you have a nice holiday.

Graham.

• Thanks 1