P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, Beckett said:

Too right Graham - and long may it continue. My friends on here have been a  Godsend to me over the last year since I joined.  You and Pauline keep safe. Best wishes. Jane.x 

Thank you Jane and best wishes to you too.

Graham x.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to see you Avril

Hope it’s not too long before you and Frank are full of the joys of (November) Spring and both fully vaccinated.  That’s a practical wish, you understand, not a bit of sympathy included!

Well, it’s the fourth glorious day in a row.  Full sun all day, so far.  There is a nippy northerly wind, but wrapped up and in the sun, our walk was fine.  12k+ steps again.  My iPhone record keeper is very impressed with my efforts this month.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

wrapped up and in the sun, our walk was fine.  12k+ steps again.  My iPhone record keeper is very impressed with my efforts this month.  

So am I Eddie, well done 👍 I'd love to join you, but  unfortunately I'm too busy at the moment, wrapped up in a blanket, moaning, complaining and feeling thoroughly sorry for myself😁

Avril

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

2 more beanz and we are on 2 freebies.🤣

Never understood what people see in Costa coffees, or indeed any of the high street coffee shops. They dont compare at all with the majority of Spanish coffee shops, and generally they are served far too hot.

Although I did become partial to a lattee in Venturas glass house on our last caribbean round trip in 2018, but never had the taste replicated in the UK.

12 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Never understood what people see in Costa coffees, or indeed any of the high street coffee shops. They dont compare at all with the majority of Spanish coffee shops, and generally they are served far too hot.

Although I did become partial to a lattee in Venturas glass house on our last caribbean round trip in 2018, but never had the taste replicated in the UK.

Branding, John. The key to high prices, high profits and commercial success. Gullibility and emperor’s clothes. Works for certain politicians too.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

I'm here Angel and thanks for checking in. As Harry said, I did post yesterday but I'm so swamped at work that I've been rather overtaken. I'm sort of skim reading when I have a minute so I'm still in touch a bit. Weekend off coming up though - Yay.  Keep well and best wishes. Jane.x  

Jane I feel it for you it is many years since i was a management partner but it was always a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario. I truly understand your position. I always ignored common sense in the interests of trying to do the best for the patients and also what the docs (yes i was one) wanted and the powers that be demand. Essentially as I found out you will never do enough and will even after you have gone be likely to be a scapegoat. Harsh I know but certainly in my case true. My next life was better.

Its a long notice period and you want to do your best as always just have that little bit of scepticism in your armoury. DM me any time.

Emma

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Jane and best wishes to you too.

Graham x.

Graham a question for Pauline if I may. I follow her example for every cruise either a cocktail dress or a formal gown every night - honestly when else can I do this.

Graham I am sorry to post this but hope you will understand.

Before someone comes in with a  challenge of first world problems let me say growing up we were as poor as poor could be. In 1956 my parents were allocated a council house where my Dad lived until he went into care in 2010. I worked in my breaks in med school for Medicin sans Frontieres for 5 years. My brother volunteered for save the children in Afghanistan for 3 years. LynnForestgate perhaps you can explain what your problem is? Where did we go wrong? 

After almost 3 years post last cruise I have still acquired new cruise dresses. No change one for every day but can Pauline advise I love shoes what is her opinion re footwear? They do take up a fair bit of space but this time I am sailing from Southampton and driving down (reluctantly) does she as my guru take a pair to match every evening outfit or does she have a plan??????

Emma

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

One plus for Costa is we can pop down the road. Spain is a little too far for a quick coffee .

51 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Graham a question for Pauline if I may. I follow her example for every cruise either a cocktail dress or a formal gown every night - honestly when else can I do this.

Before someone comes in with a  challenge of first world problems let me say growing up we were as poor as poor could be. In 1956 my parents were allocated a council house where my Dad lived until he went into care in 2010. I worked in my breaks in med school for Medicin sans Frontieres for 5 years. My brother volunteered for save the children in Afghanistan for 3 years. LynnForestgate perhaps you can explain what your problem is? Where did we go wrong? 

After almost 3 years post last cruise I have still acquired new cruise dresses. No change one for every day but can Pauline advise I love shoes what is her opinion re footwear? They do take up a fair bit of space but this time I am sailing from Southampton and driving down (reluctantly) does she as my guru take a pair to match every evening outfit or does she have a plan??????

Emma

I never wear the same dress two nights running. DW gets a bit embarrassed.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

Emma

Hello Emma, it's Pauline here. Yes I do like a pair to match every outfit. But sometimes it means the case is too heavy. So I take for example a pair of black suede shoes and attach shoe clips from Dune. Pavers also sell clips to pop on your shoes. That way it looks like they are different shoes. See photo of two of my clips.

Have a fantastic holiday xxx

16360454747939058669636908480057.jpg

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Go for it. I am with you I love dressing up tell your wife it is what it is maybe she can dress you and feel involved or she can help me with my choices always seeking help.

Serious note for those transitioning it is hard, when/how do you start? 

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Neither of us have been so good this past week and had to cancel our flu jabs.  No sympathy please.  I've just booked our boosters for November 12th, so lets hope all's well by then🤞.

Avril

Hope you both feel better soon and are able to rebook your flu jabs. You have your Covid booster the day before me

Michelle

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bazrat said:

Have you folks any idea how hot it is on Saint Lucia now, I’m having to walk to the bar for more beer just to cool down

Have you not read the other posts ..We are not doing sympathy at the moment .:classic_unsure:

Have a great time and try not to think about us poor souls :classic_sad: 6.c with a feel of 4.c  

very handy for chilling a beer down :classic_love: Enjoy your cruise :classic_smile:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Ladies let me enlighten you all, we men rarely, if ever, look to see if your shoes match your frock, and never remember if we saw you wearing the same pair before. In fact we men are so poor at observing clothes, that it would be unlikely we would realise if you wore the same frock every night.😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Ladies let me enlighten you all, we men rarely, if ever, look to see if your shoes match your frock, and never remember if we saw you wearing the same pair before. In fact we men are so poor at observing clothes, that it would be unlikely we would realise if you wore the same frock every night.😉

That is reassuring. I once went down to a formal evening in a long dark blue silk dress….with my navy Doc Martins underneath! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Hope you both feel better soon and are able to rebook your flu jabs. You have your Covid booster the day before me

Michelle

November 1st was our 6 month date and we were contacted today. The earliest date available was 12th so almost two weeks over. Better late than never Michelle. I'm hoping we're better soon too, it started a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what the heck it is, but I wish it would  flippin' go away.  Moan, moan, moan...........😉

Avril

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

November 1st was our 6 month date and we were contacted today. The earliest date available was 12th so almost two weeks over. Better late than never Michelle. I'm hoping we're better soon too, it started a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what the heck it is, but I wish it would  flippin' go away.  Moan, moan, moan...........😉

Avril

You are not moaning at all Avril, everyone is entitled to be under the weather sometimes. Hopefully you will feel better soon. Take care

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I'm sure we all sympathise with you.🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Peanut006 said:

You are not moaning at all Avril, everyone is entitled to be under the weather sometimes. Hopefully you will feel better soon. Take care

Michelle

I am beginning to feel more and more depressed as Bazrat keeps telling us how hot and sunny it is on his Caribbean cruise. About the only thing keeping  my spirits up,  is thinking just how cold and miserable he will be when he returns.😉😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

No, but other ladies would John.😁

Avril

• Like 4
  • Haha 2