P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Saw the Irish supervet on Lorraine this morning.He's wrote a book about his little dog of 14 that died this year.He was in tears and so was I,bro.

Gem was 16 when she died, and even years later I couldn't bring myself to get another dog. If I'd have  seen Lorraine this morning I would have been inconsolable.

Sis

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

So, I’m fully boostered now - and have walked over 14k steps (including to the vaccination centre - The Jabberwalkie 🙄).  Feet up with a coffee watching the cricket now.  

How long were you in the vaccination centre Eddie? When I booked ours online yesterday the blurb said we would be there for 30 -45 mins!! Can't understand why, 1st dose 15 min and 2nd dose 5 mins max.

Avril

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

How long were you in the vaccination centre Eddie? When I booked ours online yesterday the blurb said we would be there for 30 -45 mins!! Can't understand why, 1st dose 15 min and 2nd dose 5 mins max.

Avril

Most people at the centre where I volunteer were through in 25 min ish depending on walk in queue, they are using Pfizer vaccine which takes a bit longer than Astra as they make you wait 15 min once administered, albeit some where adamant they were not waiting the 15 mins. My offer still stands if you need help getting there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Most people at the centre where I volunteer were through in 25 min ish depending on walk in queue, they are using Pfizer vaccine which takes a bit longer than Astra as they make you wait 15 min once administered, albeit some where adamant they were not waiting the 15 mins. My offer still stands if you need help getting there.

Thank you so much Phil, however I've managed to to book our boosters at the vaccination centre in the next village, a 10 min taxi ride away. Strangely enough though, the next nearest option was Huddersfield😉

Thank you again, you're a sweetheart. x

Avril

Edited by Adawn47

19 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Prob 8-10 minutes queuing/getting booked in/getting jabbed, then a recommended 10 minute wait period.  They said they couldn’t enforce that but everyone complied whilst I was there.  I was prepared for a 15 minute wait, as per the first 2, so was happy to sit and catch up with all the fascinating things which had appeared on my phone whilst I was walking all those steps

It was a hybrid centre.  Pharmacy2U, though with NHS branding all over.  I would imagine all the staff, other than actual jabbers, were on zero hours contract and minimum wage.  Pleasant and helpful, in their own way, but nothing like the NHS staff and community volunteers at our GP hub

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you so much Phil, however I've managed to to book our boosters at the vaccination centre in the next village, a 10 min taxi ride away. Strangely enough though, the next nearest option was Huddersfield😉

Thank you again, you're a sweetheart. x

Avril

Glad you are sorted Avril, I know you were concerned about using public transport. We had quite a few from Barnsley as walk-ins this morning.

26 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Glad you are sorted Avril, I know you were concerned about using public transport. We had quite a few from Barnsley as walk-ins this morning.

Huddersfield was the nearest for walk-ins when I looked yesterday,  but I managed to book us both in at Priory Campus for the 12th at 1.50pm.

It seems as though the 6 month window for the boosters is irrelevant now.

Avril

54 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We had to wait 15 mins at our GP Practice on Tuesday following our booster, we were given a piece of paper by Doctor or Nurse who doing vaccinations with time of vaccination on it, then passed to receptionist who monitored the 15 mins and then gave us our little cards with details when the time was up. No one objected to this process, it was quite efficient and friendly. We sat in waiting room for 15 mins , masks we mandatory and sears were 1.5m apart, door was open as were 2 windows so good ventilation. From walking in to surgery to leaving took around 20 to 25 mins. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

For anyone who has a nervous dog or cat this is a recommendation from our vet. We have used it with one of our very nervous cats for travelling and generally to calm her and they work brilliantly.

We have also recommended them to a few people at work who had problems with their dogs for one reason or another (one fireworks) and they've worked for them too.

Like I said, they were recommended highly by our vet and are a well known herbal remedy.

May even try some myself after this week ... but that's another story 😉

Dorwest Scullcap and Valerian Calming Tablets for Dogs and Cats

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

For anyone who has a nervous dog or cat this is a recommendation from our vet. We have used it with one of our very nervous cats for travelling and generally to calm her and they work brilliantly.

We have also recommended them to a few people at work who had problems with their dogs for one reason or another (one fireworks) and they've worked for them too.

Like I said, they were recommended highly by our vet and are a well known herbal remedy.

May even try some myself after this week ... but that's another story 😉

Dorwest Scullcap and Valerian Calming Tablets for Dogs and Cats

1415482D-23BE-4A9D-A7AA-F4DD999E2343.thumb.jpeg.9ba33b541d2b95b04b39c613060013ed.jpeg
Charlie has Adaptil which seems to work pretty well. Lots of fireworks over Towyn tonight not so many over Rhyl although that may be because it is further away.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

1415482D-23BE-4A9D-A7AA-F4DD999E2343.thumb.jpeg.9ba33b541d2b95b04b39c613060013ed.jpeg
Charlie has Adaptil which seems to work pretty well. Lots of fireworks over Towyn tonight not so many over Rhyl although that may be because it is further away.

Ah bless --- will check it out on Amazon as I could do with some of whatever he is on. Knowing Charlie it must be strong stuff to knock him out 😉

Please don't brag re the view ............ the view from here is good too. Lots of fireworks over your estate, but not with the sound of the sea or that view of the moon ..... 😞 😞 😞 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Ah bless --- will check it out on Amazon as I could do with some of whatever he is on. Knowing Charlie it must be strong stuff to knock him out 😉

Please don't brag re the view ............ the view from here is good too. Lots of fireworks over your estate, but not with the sound of the sea or that view of the moon ..... 😞 😞 😞 

It doesn’t knock him out, but does take the edge off his natural personality. There are usually a lot of fireworks on our estate. I feel privileged that people spend so much money to keep us entertained. 

• Like 1

I have had the best day for a long time today.  I went to the NEC Creative Crafts show with my friend, this is something that we have done twice a year for over 20 years until last year when Covid put a stop to it.  I can now start to make my Christmas cards next week, I have enough jewellery findings and sewing supplies to last until we go again next March.  David picked us up from the station and when he saw our bags he said he didn't want to know or think about how much we had spent.

We are now being treated to a firework display courtesy of the people who are having firework parties someone nearby is having a barbecue judging by the smell when we got home.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

It doesn’t knock him out, but does take the edge off his natural personality. There are usually a lot of fireworks on our estate. I feel privileged that people spend so much money to keep us entertained. 

We usually are like big kids and buy some fireworks (and entertain you) and have hot dogs etc but this year we are done in so we are being real Eeyores and not bothering. Sad really as we usually enjoy the evening and it brings back happy memories. Next year we'll get double fireworks to make up for being grumpy this year. (Am guessing the neighbours are upset too as we usually keep them entertained 😉 )

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday.

Despite Classic FM's valiant efforts, the noise of the fireworks overcame the soothing sounds, and poor Teddy was a wreck again last night. I'm up early to go to Pets at Home for Adaptil and Skullcap/ Valerian so we're prepared for tonight. Fingers crossed.

I've got an exciting day planned: Saturday Kitchen first on BBC, then a walk with Ted, back for a visit from the family, another walk, then Strictly - and to think that in my heyday I'd be thinking about what to wear for a big night out at Stringfellows! Sunday would be spent nursing a massive hangover and mourning the loss of a month's salary blown on one night! I wouldn't swap my today for anything.

Keep well and safe everyone. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Despite Classic FM's valiant efforts, the noise of the fireworks overcame the soothing sounds, and poor Teddy was a wreck again last night. I'm up early to go to Pets at Home for Adaptil and Skullcap/ Valerian so we're prepared for tonight. Fingers crossed.

I've got an exciting day planned: Saturday Kitchen first on BBC, then a walk with Ted, back for a visit from the family, another walk, then Strictly - and to think that in my heyday I'd be thinking about what to wear for a big night out at Stringfellows! Sunday would be spent nursing a massive hangover and mourning the loss of a month's salary blown on one night! I wouldn't swap my today for anything.

Our day will be similar Jane. Dog walking, coffee break, visit to garden centre, home for lunch for hubby to watch Man City v Man U match. Afternoon - more dog walking then strictly come dancing and a couple of drinks tonight.

In laws were supposed to be visiting this weekend for two nights but they gave a lift to someone to bowling on Tuesday who had a cold and has since tested positive for Covid so they are staying away to keep me safe in case they test positive too. 

Have a nice day everyone and stay safe

Michelle

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hi Jane. My day is exactly the same of yours apart from the trip to PAH. I’m so sorry to hear Teddy was so upset by the fireworks. It is horrible to witness their distress. We had Classic FM on all evening and it did seem to help Freddie. He barked every time a firework went off but was not shaking in fear like on previous occasions.

I’m so loving Strictly this year and am now looking forward to I’m a Celebrity starting in two weeks which has a rather good line up this year (altho there are a couple that I’ve never heard of). What an exciting life I lead!

Gill x

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Our day will be similar Jane. Dog walking, coffee break, visit to garden centre, home for lunch for hubby to watch Man City v Man U match. Afternoon - more dog walking then strictly come dancing and a couple of drinks tonight.

In laws were supposed to be visiting this weekend for two nights but they gave a lift to someone to bowling on Tuesday who had a cold and has since tested positive for Covid so they are staying away to keep me safe in case they test positive too. 

Have a nice day everyone and stay safe

Michelle

Oh dear. Your in-laws good deed went a bit pear shaped…… I hope that they  don’t catch it but great that they are considerate towards your health and are staying away.

Enjoy your drinkies tonight!

Gill x

36 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Poor Teddy. 

We are very lucky, Bella either watches the fireworks excitedly or sleeps through them, as she did last night... 

Stringfellows eh...😊

It was the N98 night bus back to Romford that was the killer for me, often straight to work after... 

Hot chocolate and early nights are more my thing now. 

Andy 

• Like 4

Morning all

Sorry for those with disturbed pets last night.  Fortunately the pup took no notice, snoozing in the living room with us and the cats relaxed on our bed listening to Classic FM.  I must say it was very nice music on the couple of times I went to look at them

No ill effects from my jab yesterday - in fact no effects at all.  OH had a bit of a temp & raging headache overnight but has survived and perked up after a cup of coffee.  A nice dog walk now should restore him 100%

Have a good day everyone 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

I’m so loving Strictly this year and am now looking forward to I’m a Celebrity starting in two weeks which has a rather good line up this year (altho there are a couple that I’ve never heard of). What an exciting life I lead!

Gill x

As you may know, two regular posters on here each have static caravans with their respective spouses less than a mile away from the castle they are using for I’m a Celebrity. Over the last couple of months the castle has been closed to visitors, a village of temporary buildings has appeared in the castle grounds for the ‘studio’ where Ant and Dec do their  scenes, various production and staff facilities for the hundreds of staff and even a kitchen where they prepare for the eating trials etc. Abergele has an official ‘I’m a Celebrity’ shop for buying merchandise and a chance to sit on the winner’s throne, and the speed limit on the road past the castle has been cut to 20mph.

I doubt we will see Ant and Dec or any contestants who have been voted out anywhere in the vicinity but it may be an interesting couple of weeks.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Morning all

Sorry for those with disturbed pets last night.  Fortunately the pup took no notice, snoozing in the living room with us and the cats relaxed on our bed listening to Classic FM.  I must say it was very nice music on the couple of times I went to look at them

No ill effects from my jab yesterday - in fact no effects at all.  OH had a bit of a temp & raging headache overnight but has survived and perked up after a cup of coffee.  A nice dog walk now should restore him 100%

Have a good day everyone 

Hope the 1812 overture didn't come on.

• Haha 2