P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

The moderation history shows I hid it, but I really don't think I did!!  Anyway, it was an accident if it was me so sorry for the upset. I have merged the new thread with this one so all comments should be here.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 17

Blooming heck! I was just trying to catch up with the past couple of days posts, went to turn the page and I ended up at page 1 of the original thread, confused but happy.

Thank you so much for putting my world to rights @Host Sharon

Hope you are feeling better and are on the mend.

Cheers, heather.

Almost 3am here and I'm so happy the thread is back I can't sleep. Luckily I have to back track to page 1234 to get fully caught up on the revived thread- time for a late G&T.

Edited by middlehaitch
  • Like 2

Sharon, your health comes first so best wishes, trust you are on the mend.

Big thank you for restoring our thread. I don't post as much as some, but read everyday. I was so annoyed it had gone I wasn't going to post anymore. Anyway thanks again, it has been a lifeline for some during these awful times..

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

The moderation history shows I hid it, but I really don't think I did!!  Anyway, it was an accident if it was me so sorry for the upset. I have merged the new thread with this one so all comments should be here.

Thank you Sharon. Hope you get well soon. A virtual Valentine's card from us all.

• Like 12

51 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I think it is the same one Jean. I just hope I haven't left it too late for a free transfer. 

Avril

No, they haven't changed their policy.  You can still move them.  So I now have 2 nighters on Aurora in 2023.  Hopefujlly cruising will be the way it was by then.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We can JUST get our car in our double garage. We have an old single mattress at the end of the garage to aid parking and slowly go forward until we just compress it which leaves about 4 inches to the rear clearance to the garage door!

I had Valentine flowers delivered from a local florist and the first thing that my wife said was 'oh they're red and white' and put a yellow daffodil in the arrangement, she did thank me though. I forget that she has a problem with pure red and white flower arrangements, apparently it's because it's related to blood and bandages. Her mother was a nurse and if flowers came into hospital in those colours they would add a flower of a different colour to prevent bad luck. Does anyone else know of this superstition? 

Yes, the first time I heard of the superstition was when ordering flowers for my wedding.

Thank you Sharon for bring back this thread. It has been a great source of help and companionionship over the last couple of years to many, along with a lot of friendships having been made too. The other thread, for some reason, just didn't feel the same! 😕 Hope you are feeling better and take care.

• Like 7

Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well Sharon.  I hope you are on the mend now.  Spring is on the horizon, the days are lengthening,  and we should all start to feel brighter soon

Talking of weather … probably best if we don’t!  It’s blowing a hooley and thrashing down with rain.  We took the opportunity to go out with the dog before 9am and the place was teeming with dogs and their people - everyone looking to beat the storm

A day of telly sport and roast chicken lunch.  Not nocturnal sport with the Super Bowl though.  American football has never appealed to me

Have a good day everyone and thanks again to Sharon.  It really felt like we had lost two years of social history and camaraderie 

PS - If it comes back, please, DFTT

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Brilliant to see original thread back. Thank you so much Sharon.
99%  of us felt it was a technical error rather than a “naughty” post…..

Look after yourself and get well soon.

Gill x

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Her mother was a nurse and if flowers came into hospital in those colours they would add a flower of a different colour to prevent bad luck. Does anyone else know of this superstition? 

My mum would never have white Narcissus or Lilies in the house. She said they were the flowers of death. 

Avril

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

If my OH presents anything like that, he will be in for a big shock when he expects me to use it 🤣

Josy, may I ask where you would intend to stick the products?   Is it the same place I was thinking?🙀😂😂....... I'm thinking anatomy!

• Haha 4

We have pouring rain and very cold at the moment.  We are just about to go out to a Christening at the church where my family all used to go to, though as we have all married and moved homes none of us actually attend there now.  The church has lots of great memories for me of past weddings and christenings but also sad memories of family funerals.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

We have pouring rain and very cold at the moment.  We are just about to go out to a Christening at the church where my family all used to go to, though as we have all married and moved homes none of us actually attend there now.  The church has lots of great memories for me of past weddings and christenings but also sad memories of family funerals.

Same weather here. Dreadful.

Concentrate on all the happy memories and have a great day…. 
Gill

Edited by Angel57
Spelling
  • Like 1

Thank you for solving 'The Mystery Of The Disappearing Thread' Sharon. It's good to be home again.

I'm sorry to learn you've been poorly and hope you will be soon on the mend again. Please look after yourself and take care.

Thank you again for rescuing our thread, it is very much appreciated by us all.

Avril

• Like 12

Good morning peeps

have been lurking again for a while. Was surprised to see the thread had gone, I just assumed it had gotten too long. 

After weeks of back and forth with p&o over child friendly venues on iona I’ve finally got my answers but my some of the staff on the chat don’t have a clue what so ever. 

to comment on some of the posts about parents helping out with money, I agree with you, we are early 30s. Never had help from parents we have done it all ourselves but the one thing we have taken away from that is that we know we will need to help ours out when it comes to house in probably 15yrs time, or they will be living with us still I don’t know but it seems to get harder and harder with money and housing etc it’s definitely worrying. 
what I wish more than anything is for someone to have taught us about money correctly. How interest rates work on mortgages and what’s the best. It actually pains me to think of how much money we have lost over the last 15 years because of being on an incorrect mortgage and not knowing how to work out what was financially better. I still think schools should teach it but to be honest our parents are useless at things like this. I’m just glad that we eventually learnt how to do all this ourselves and are now in a better position but it will make me strive to ensure that my two understand budgeting, mortgage and finance etc so that they shouldn’t need us but we already have plans in place for when they do as there’s no point in leaving inheritance now as you just get taxed on that too. 

anyway. Counting down 271 days to the cruise and if I can work out the technology then my girls will probably vlog it as they have said all the vlogs aren’t kid friendly. 

• Like 7

Chucking it down and blowing a hoolie here in South Devon.  I am off to the swimming pool in a while.  It's really helping the hip that you may remember I had replaced a year ago, nearly after falling and breaking it.  Still hurts.  Seeing surgeon on Thursday.

• Like 4