P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone.

Dry here and just a bit of a breeze compared to all the winds we have had lately, so hopefully it will feel warmer too.

Getting the train up to Plymouth today with two of my daughters and granddaughter clothes  shopping and lunch. 

Take care and stay safe.

Pam

I love it in Plymouth. When I was 18/19 i spent many weekends down there as my now ex-husband was in the RN. We used to walk on The Hoe down to the Barbican and call at Captain Jaspers for food and Oysters for cocktails or The Wine Lodge. I believe Captain Jaspers is still there.

Have a lovely day today with your daughters and granddaughter 

Michelle

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Erm, I seem to have missed something. I've also had a post quoted and then then removed before I saw it. Connected?

Avril

Yes, Avril, I saw that.  They are  cleverly written so that they do not sound rude - I tend to agree that this person is pretty crafty,  in the way they word  their posts, so probably 'mental health problems' is not the right way to think about them.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Rich tea....no. digestive...ok.  Foxes biscuits with all that thick yummy chocolate that you can nibble off before you dip the base biscuit in your coffee before repeating ?. I can take them or leave them.🤣

Zapp it sounds like you are not too fussy when it comes to biscuits.  I  had forgotten about the Foxes chocolate biscuits, they have to be one of the best.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just had a roam around someone's profile of 654 posts and it seems that they

have company at least 5 mods are watching said poster . So CC are not ignoring 

what's going on .

I did the same last night.  It is definitely strange.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, kalos said:

what's going on .

Me too. Hmm, seems to have a little 'issue' with me somehow🤔

Avril

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I assume my hunch was correct, if so, thank you everyone. x

Avril

It was an idiotic post, Avril, and made absolutely no sense at all - as usual. You are very much one of the good guys here, with a kind word for everyone, so let’s just assume that somebody needs a little help. Or maybe kicking off the site altogether? My mind’s not quite made up on that one. I just ignore it as irrelevant and move on, as most are doing. Takes all sorts.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Another sunny day but still those lazy good for nothing low riders hid under the sofa when the dog walker came. Took blooming ages to get them out. Note to self bring forward purchase of new sofa. I have fish to fry in Wells today so once they come back I can go, lunch could be on the cards too but maybe Holkham.

Following the news watching the Ukraine situation unravelling. Bad times.

21 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Another sunny day but still those lazy good for nothing low riders hid under the sofa when the dog walker came. Took blooming ages to get them out. Note to self bring forward purchase of new sofa. I have fish to fry in Wells today so once they come back I can go, lunch could be on the cards too but maybe Holkham.

Following the news watching the Ukraine situation unravelling. Bad times.

Presumably that is Wells next the sea, not Wells with a Cathedral where they filmed ‘Hot Fuzz’

19 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Me too. Hmm, seems to have a little 'issue' with me somehow🤔

Avril

Ignore it Avril.   You know who your friends are.  I and I am sure everyone who has been part of this forum for any length of time has no issue with you or any of your posts which are always well balanced.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

I'm a tough old bird... I don't ..take offence easily but got up this morning, came in, and was distressed over you know what which was disgusting and totally unnecessary, which is why I called out to Kalos.  I had to bite my tongue and went out for breakfast.

I was thinking, during our lockdown we all pulled together, I think I am right in saying that there was hardly a cross word in all that time.  That must count for a lot.   That's probably one reason they let us keep this thread.   Please admin .... don't let anyone destroy it all.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

what's going on .

I saw this too.

This individual has been posting on RCL threads but never quoted me yet on there.

I missed yesterday as I had a really busy day in Middlesbrough calling on my customers convenience stores.

On Wednesday being 65 I was invited for a Aorta Abdominal Anuerism scan which thankfully showed no aneurism.

It is currently 7°C and sunny while I sit outside Pauline's hairdresser's waiting for her to come out.

Prayers 🙏 for the good people of Ukraine.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham.

• Like 10

I don't visit here that much these days, but my routine seems to be the same when I do. 

Browse through and like some of the posts from you lovely people, have a giggle courtesy of Kalos and report a stupid comment from the same annoying poster... 

I really cannot see what they get out of it. 

Like Wowzz, I don't hold with the mental health thing, it is too controlled and targeted... 

Just a saddo who gets kicks from winding us up I suppose... 

Take care everyone. 

Andy xx

• Like 10

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

I don't visit here that much these days, but my routine seems to be the same when I do. 

Browse through and like some of the posts from you lovely people, have a giggle courtesy of Kalos and report a stupid comment from the same annoying poster... 

Like Wowzz, I don't hold with the mental health thing, it is too controlled and targeted... 

Take care everyone. 

Andy xx

But on the other side she volunteers / works for an award winning charity for the homeless so must have a nice side.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

5 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I was thinking, during our lockdown we all pulled together, I think I am right in saying that there was hardly a cross word in all that time.  

Ooh, not so sure... 

Most of us pulled together but tensions were high and there was definitely some bickering, coupled with some horrible posters who have fortunately disappeared back under their rocks... 

I get your point though, I found most of you very supportive during extremely difficult times. 

Thank you all... 

Andy 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Ignore it Avril.   You know who your friends are.  I and I am sure everyone who has been part of this forum for any length of time has no issue with you or any of your posts which are always well balanced.

Absolutely agree 

I always enjoy Avril's @Adawn47posts.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Ooh, not so sure... 

Most of us pulled together but tensions were high and there was definitely some bickering, coupled with some horrible posters who have fortunately disappeared back under their rocks... 

I get your point though, I found most of you very supportive during extremely difficult times. 

Thank you all... 

Andy 

Well said Andy.

Always nice to read your posts.

I hope Michelle and yourself are well.

Regards.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Presumably that is Wells next the sea, not Wells with a Cathedral where they filmed ‘Hot Fuzz’

Correct. Until recently I didn't know there was another one - sad case.  Here too no-one ever says anything other than Wells. I liked Hot Fuzz but have only seen that on Sky during lockdown.

23 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Take care everyone. 

Andy xx

Nor do I Andy ,I think they have an axe to grind for some reason :classic_unsure:

On the plus side we have you posting again and as others have said 

we had great times and could not have done it without you :classic_love:

Hope you and your good lady are keeping well :classic_smile:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1