P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

42 minutes ago, Sarah1974 said:

Am I too late to join this party?!  I have taken a break from here during the pandemic - partly because I had to continue to work and partly because I really miss the excitement and cruise posts / questions.  I have not caught up on all pages - I'd be here forever!!

Definitely not!  The greater the diversity the better the craic!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sarah1974 said:

Am I too late to join this party?!  I have taken a break from here during the pandemic - partly because I had to continue to work and partly because I really miss the excitement and cruise posts / questions.  I have not caught up on all pages - I'd be here forever!!

Welcome back Sarah.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Nah...if you are at home then just lick the plate! 

But then I have no pride, as I have supermarket own brands in my cupboard.🤣🤣

It was already established some time ago that Tesco and Sainsbury baked beans are far superior to Heinz, and my vote on mushy peas goes to Sainsbury over Bachelors, and there are loads more. The only place where I stick with brands is HP sauce and Heinz tomato ketchup.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, delgirl said:

I seem to have missed it as well, not sure what is going on, best to ignore it I suppose and don't let them win

The best way is to carry on in our usual way and occassionally bring out the fly swatter when pesky things come buzzing around. I have a suspicion that  we're being deliberately targeted. Most likely to ruin our happy friendly, and very long thread. Sad really when you think about it, but there's now't as queer as folk.

Keep Calm and Carry On😉

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
oops
  • Like 18

22 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The best way is to carry on in our usual way and occassionally bring out the fly swatter when pesky things come buzzing around. I have a suspicion that  we're being deliberately targeted. Most likely to ruin our happy friendly, and very long thread. Sad really when you think about it, but there's now't as queer as folk.

Keep Calm and Carry On😉

Avril

Well said Avril

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

It was already established some time ago that Tesco and Sainsbury baked beans are far superior to Heinz, and my vote on mushy peas goes to Sainsbury over Bachelors, and there are loads more. The only place where I stick with brands is HP sauce and Heinz tomato ketchup.

Agreed. Brands are a last resort for me - very rarely better than own label, but always much more expensive.

Pre-pandemic we shopped mostly at Aldi, with occasional topups at Waitrose. Over the years the proportion changed from 90/10 in favour of Waitrose to 90/10 in favour of Aldi, where much the same products from much the same suppliers are about half the price. Tesco deliveries mostly now, with the occasional Waitrose. Still almost exclusively own label though. Amazing how many brands actually turn out to be inferior when you check the ingredients - the power of advertising and placebo!

• Like 2

Talking of supermarkets ...:classic_smile:

I once  saw Paddy in the Supermarket.

Walking by him I noticed one of his shoelaces was undone,

I said "watch you don't trip over your laces Paddy."

Paddy says "yeah it's the bloody instructions."

I said, "what instructions ?"

Paddy says, "underneath the shoe, it says.....  "Taiwan.":classic_unsure::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Another lovely sunny day here, sorry if I sound like a broken record but the weather is great. I can't believe we have been here three weeks, to say we don't seem to do a lot time is flying by. The place is really busy this week with half term, the beaches are packed and you need to go out early or book a restaurant or you will be queuing. We walked along the strip this afternoon and it was buzzing, it is great to be able to shut out the woes of the world for a while and just soak up the sun and atmosphere. To sit in Dos Mil with a coffee and one of their scrumptious cakes is heaven. We have just watched Queen Elizabeth sail past from our (award winning) balcony, sorry I had to get one in. I has spotted a ship in the distance while sat having tea, so out came the binocs, we couldn't see enough detail to make out what ship it was but once she turned I could see the bottom of the ship was dark coloured and I don't think HAL do a lot in the Canaries. So checked on Cruise mapper and sure enough Queen Elizabeth leaving Fuerteventura for Tenerife. Keep safe everyone and behave yourselves.

retirement mug.jpg

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Like 6
  • Haha 8

Have now returned from a lovely stay in the Lake District in an amazing lodge -- near to Keswick and would highly recommend it for anyone who wants somewhere special for a peaceful break. (Well apart from the 5 geese and 12 ducks in the pond underneath our windows ------ quack quack quack honk honk honk ;-))

This holiday was a 5 day break we booked for March 2020 that was paid for and moved .. and then moved to October 2021 and then we moved it to Feb 2022 as our caravan is closed and we thought we couldn't use it. Will post some photos later --- just becareful Pete, you spent a lot of money the last time we posted a photo 😉

Anyway, we have booked for 7 nights for next February, life is too short not to visit beautiful place 🙂

P.S. Have just read all of the posts we've missed and don't understand why some of you are not just picking the feature that means you don't see some posts. It does wonders for the blood pressure and if we can't see it I can't comment on it (which is what some posters want).

Edited by Presto2
Probably should not have named the resort so deleted
  • Like 10

9 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I love it in Plymouth. When I was 18/19 i spent many weekends down there as my now ex-husband was in the RN. We used to walk on The Hoe down to the Barbican and call at Captain Jaspers for food and Oysters for cocktails or The Wine Lodge. I believe Captain Jaspers is still there.

Have a lovely day today with your daughters and granddaughter 

Michelle

Plymouth has changed a lot in the last couple of years, with the closure of Debenhams and House of Fraiser, the main city centre is now looking very neglected with lots of empty shops. Even Drake's Circus which has become the main shopping area has quite a few empty shops. We had lunch in a new area that has been built called, of all things The Bar Code, because of the outside looking like a bar code!

We had a good day and had a nice lunch in Las Iguanas. I'm now at home with a glass of wine having taken the weight of my poor feet as we walked miles!

20220225_124246.jpg

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Another lovely sunny day here, sorry . We have just watched Queen Elizabeth sail past from our (award winning) balcony, sorry I had to get one in. I has spotted a ship in the distance while sat having tea,

Glad you're both having a great time and thank you for being so very, very so very  charitable 

as to share your antics on your award winning balcony :classic_smile: Take care :classic_love:

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'Haz @_Hazpilicueta Best not tell this guy any secrets LA'

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Plymouth has changed a lot in the last couple of years, with the closure of Debenhams and House of Fraiser, the main city centre is now looking very neglected with lots of empty shops. Even Drake's Circus which has become the main shopping area has quite a few empty shops. We had lunch in a new area that has been built called, of all things The Bar Code, because of the outside looking like a bar code!

We had a good day and had a nice lunch in Las Iguanas. I'm now at home with a glass of wine having taken the weight of my poor feet as we walked miles!

20220225_124246.jpg

The food looks yummy!!! Glad you had a nice day. I am just having a glass of wine too , so cheers 🥂 Enjoy your evening 

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have now returned from a lovely stay in the Lake District in an amazing lodge -- near to Keswick and would highly recommend it for anyone who wants somewhere special for a peaceful break. (Well apart from the 5 geese and 12 ducks in the pond underneath our windows ------ quack quack quack honk honk honk ;-))

This holiday was a 5 day break we booked for March 2020 that was paid for and moved .. and then moved to October 2021 and then we moved it to Feb 2022 as our caravan is closed and we thought we couldn't use it. Will post some photos later --- just becareful Pete, you spent a lot of money the last time we posted a photo 😉

Anyway, we have booked for 7 nights for next February, life is too short not to visit beautiful place 🙂

P.S. Have just read all of the posts we've missed and don't understand why some of you are not just picking the feature that means you don't see some posts. It does wonders for the blood pressure and if we can't see it I can't comment on it (which is what some posters want).

So pleased you have had a good time up in the Lake District. It appears as though with so many geese and ducks upsetting the tranquility, you could do with Harry visiting to take some control.

I quite agree your previous picture was expensive for us, but worth every penny.

I any newcomers (who are very welcome) are confused by the mention of Harry and photos costing a lot, you have only 33000 posts to wade through to discover what I am rambling on about. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1