P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Glad your granddaughters test was negative and that she is getting better. Last week Chesterfield had a rate of 1 in every 100,000 covid Today it has shot up to 1 in 22 (I realise that is a lot less than many areas but alarming to see such a jump in cases) Our grandson who is 4 started school on monday is in a 'bubble' of 40 children and already 2 children are off school with covid like symptoms and have had real difficulty getting tested.One primary school has had a confirmed case yesterday.My daughter had a phone call from school at lunchtime to say our grandson had been stung by a wasp on his ear so not a very good start to his school year!

Hope your grandson is okay now.

Wasp stings are painful.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It's Frank's  (75th ssh🤫) birthday

Glad to read that Frank had a wonderful birthday ,hope he has many more.Happy Birthday ! :classic_biggrin:🎂:classic_biggrin:🎂:classic_biggrin:

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

our wedding anniversary (55th today)

Congratulations John to you and your Mrs on your 55th Wedding Anniversary ! :classic_biggrin:🌻:classic_biggrin:🌻:classic_biggrin:

Hope you have many more happy years together !

I suppose you are getting the hang of married life by now John :classic_unsure::classic_wink:   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

Strange how this date (11.9 or 9.11) has special  memories.

We moved house on that day in 2001, and remember the removal men asking if they could plug the TV in as they took it off the van, so they could watch what was going on. 

19 years and 5 houses later, it still seems like yesterday,  or am I just getting old?

Don't worry Wowzz you tend to settle down as you get older :classic_wink:

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Your Frank shares his birthday with our wedding anniversary (55th today), and since 2001 with the twin towers attack, but we and Frank were there well in advance. Please wish him Happy Birthday from both of us, and glad you had a good day.

Congratulations💕. I hope you both had a lovely day too. We celebrated our 55th in January with many more to come🥰.

Avril

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Anxious start to the week, my 14 year old granddaughter woke up Monday morning with a high temperature and a cough, classic Covid symptoms. My daughter called 119, they told her to book a test, she lives in Shropshire, first offered Aberystwyth, 92 miles away a 4.5 hr round trip, then Newtown in Powys, 52 Miles away, then Oldham, why there when it’s in local lockdown we will never know. Finally got a test at a mobile centre in Wolverhampton on Monday evening, 8 hours after first trying to book, a very stressful time for both of them.

My daughter drove to Wolverhampton then found she had to administer test on her daughter herself following a guide on a sheet of paper, wasn’t a pleasant experience.

They said the results would be through in 24 hours, but didn’t arrive until late Wednesday afternoon, it was negative thank goodness.

The thing is we have a test centre in Telford which was quiet on Monday, I drove past mid afternoon and security were standing around chatting and the test bays were empty, so why she wasn’t offered a test there god knows.

The good news is my granddaughter is getting better, she was able to go online to the school portal and pick what she had missed. During lockdown she was still doing school work and having virtual lessons, we have been impressed how her school and teachers have worked hard to ensure pupils received a form of worthwhile education.

I'm so pleased your grand-daughter's test was negative. These are worrying times now regardless of age. The runaround your daughter had to get a test done, and to then have to do it for her, just beggars belief. To say if you have symptoms 'stay home and get tested' sounds sensible, but to then expect you to take a  200mile round trip to take one  is just astounding.

Avril

• Like 5

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Your experience shows how totally unrealistic BoJo's 10 million tests a day is with no actual scientific possibility of such a test being available. 

I resent being lied to.  

Me too. This is pure fantasy, particularly given that people in my area are being told to travel 150 miles for a test. That’s absolutely ludicrous and nobody’s going to do it.

And given that it’s now apparently acceptable for the country to break international law, that’s going to be yet another excuse, like Cummings, for ignoring the new rule of 6 designed to try to prevent another huge wave of the virus swamping the NHS again.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Strange how this date (11.9 or 9.11) has special  memories.

We moved house on that day in 2001, and remember the removal men asking if they could plug the TV in as they took it off the van, so they could watch what was going on. 

19 years and 5 houses later, it still seems like yesterday,  or am I just getting old?

Of couse you're not wowzz. Like others on here  you are maturing gracefully.😄

Avril

The reference to 9.11 always reminds me of when we were on holiday in Scotland.

On the 10th September we were stood on the lockside on the Caledonian Canal at the bottom end of Loch Ness.

A small cruise ship full of Americans was passing through the lock, the were having a great time on deck drinking whisky and a piper was playing.

The following day we heard the news while driving home, we thought I wonder how they are feeling now.

On a sad personal note today is the first anniversary of our Sons funeral.

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Glad to read that Frank had a wonderful birthday ,hope he has many more.Happy Birthday ! :classic_biggrin:🎂:classic_biggrin:🎂:classic_biggrin:

He will Kalos, because he's been warned. By me😁 I have him well trained.

You're an early bird this morning. I've just noticed the time of your post.

Avril

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

On the 10th September we were stood on the lockside on the Caledonian Canal at the bottom end of Loch Ness.

A small cruise ship full of Americans was passing through the lock, the were having a great time on deck drinking whisky and a piper was playing.

The following day we heard the news while driving home, we thought I wonder how they are feeling now.

I'm so sorry that this will be such a sad day for you. Try to focus on all the good times together, as I'm sure there will be many. My thoughts will be with you today. 

Avril

• Like 4

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm sorry, but that figure must be incorrect- 4 people in 100 having CV19 is unbelievable. 

I wrote that after a glass of wine!! That should read as 22 people per 100,000.I really would be worried if my previous figure was correct!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

So sad... 

Thoughts are with you. 

Andy & Michelle x

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Thinking of you

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Congratulations💕. I hope you both had a lovely day too. We celebrated our 55th in January with many more to come🥰.

Avril

Happy belated 55th Wedding Anniversary Avril and Frank.

I hope it was a wonderful day for you.

Graham.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Sincere condolences Bloodaxe today for you and your family on the first anniversary of your son's funeral.

Our thoughts are with you.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sincere condolences Bloodaxe today for you and your family on the first anniversary of your son's funeral.

Our thoughts are with you.

Graham.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, it is a very traumatic time at the moment.

Our 13 year old Grandson is in Leeds hospital recovering from a serious Bowel operation.

• Like 2

Just now, Bloodaxe said:

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, it is a very traumatic time at the moment.

Our 13 year old Grandson is in Leeds hospital recovering from a serious Bowel operation.

It certainly is Bloodaxe.

Our prayers for your grandson and hopefully it has been a very successful operation and he makes a full recovery.

Graham.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

You have my deepest sympathies, Bloodaxe, on your terrible loss a year ago, and I hope your grandson's operation is successful. 

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that equates to losing a child.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Thoughts and prayers with you today. Take care x

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Presto2 said:

For us Friday night is the chance to relax and open a bottle or 2 ! 

Just sitting here, glass in hand, laptop on knee, tv on ... knowing that tomorrow is Saturday. There is nothign like this feeling at the moment ............ ha ha ha ha ha ha

And I have missed catching up with my CC buddies this week --- been through lockdown with everyone and I think we're quite a 'close' little group 😉

Screenshot_20200912_133907_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3