P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I hadn't heard that story. I thought you'd read my post differently than how it was written. It's easily done that's  why I use emojis 😉  The "garden party" is tonight we might even don our formal wear to give it an airing before its tucked away again . Have a good Easter wowzz 🐰

Avril 

I'll raise a glass and give a virtual cheers to you tonight,enjoy,Brian.

• Like 2

Well we had thunder storms last night and rain of biblical proportions, all that was missing was the Arc. It’s down to a gentle but constant cold drizzle now so that will keep people indoors.

Avril I hope you have better weather where you are, enjoy your garden party.

50 minutes ago, kalos said:

Wow. What sheer stupidity. How old was she? 18/19. How can you tell someone that it's ok to go off your property  for exercise but aren't allowed out in your own garden, and has she nothing better to do than count how many times one person goes to the shop and what they buy. Did I go to bed last night and wake up in communist China??? 😲  Beam me up Scotty. 

Avril  

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Wow. What sheer stupidity. How old was she? 18/19. How can you tell someone that it's ok to go off your property  for exercise but aren't allowed out in your own garden, and has she nothing better to do than count how many times one person goes to the shop and what they buy. Did I go to bed last night and wake up in communist China??? 😲  Beam me up Scotty. 

Avril  

The police have a difficult job to do, but some of them are a little power hungry! 

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well we had thunder storms last night and rain of biblical proportions, all that was missing was the Arc. It’s down to a gentle but constant cold drizzle now so that will keep people indoors.

Avril I hope you have better weather where you are, enjoy your garden party.

It's set to be another nice day here sorry 😞. Not as sunny as yesterday but a little humid. I hope it picks up for you in Scotland and you have a pleasant Easter🐰

Avril 

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The police have a difficult job to do, but some of them are a little power hungry! 

I don't think it's power hungry,  she was trying to be polite. I think it's down to their own personal interpretation of the lockdown rules. Some still don't get it and the  police are no exception. She was definitely OTT. 

Avril 

It’s red hot here 22 and very sunny. 

went to Asda this morning. Made a stupid decision to go when it’s open thinking they they will let a bunch in at once. Nope was more like 10 people. 
dunno why everyone has to go shopping. Really does only take one person. Same with the couple with a dog. I don’t know. 
It took me 45mins to get in from it opening. I don’t even stand in lines at Disney for that long! 
got some essentials plus bbq and Ice creams at kids request. Still a few things we can’t get. No eggs today. Luckily I have a few.

No easter stuff. Bad mummy threw all the Easter things last year like the little baskets for collecting etc thinking that we wouldn’t need them as we were away and we haven’t looked before now. I’ve got a big egg but not much to find. Might hide chocolate coins or something instead. 

I wanted a paddling pool but still no luck. Might resort to squirting them with the hose pipe. 

keep thinking of where we should be right now. 

29 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

keep thinking of where we should be right now. 

Hi, another glorious day here in Stoke on Trent. Everyone is in their gardens - I sense BBQs coming on later.

We have been thinking of where we were this time last year ----- heading down the motorway to Southampton to board Azura for our cruise to the Fjords. I imagine that it would be just perfect weather for a sailaway. Its made us realise just how much we have taken things for granted !!!

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi, another glorious day here in Stoke on Trent. Everyone is in their gardens - I sense BBQs coming on later.

We have been thinking of where we were this time last year ----- heading down the motorway to Southampton to board Azura for our cruise to the Fjords. I imagine that it would be just perfect weather for a sailaway. Its made us realise just how much we have taken things for granted !!!

You couldn't have better weather for a sailaway down here. 

Absolutely beautiful today. 

Andy 

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

You couldn't have better weather for a sailaway down here. 

Absolutely beautiful today. 

Andy 

Not sure that helped to cheer us up --- hubby's bottom lip is quivering. I just wish I knew how to make a pina colada -- a strong one … or two. We still have our union jack flags from a sailaway (not sure which one) so we could have our own party outside tonight. Neighbours would probably think we had lost the plot though …….

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Not sure that helped to cheer us up --- hubby's bottom lip is quivering. I just wish I knew how to make a pina colada -- a strong one … or two. We still have our union jack flags from a sailaway (not sure which one) so we could have our own party outside tonight. Neighbours would probably think we had lost the plot though …….

Pineapple and coconut drink and loads of voddie,that's our secret recipe.None of that Malibu stuff and Bacardi is too dear here,lol.

8 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Pineapple and coconut drink and loads of voddie,that's our secret recipe.None of that Malibu stuff and Bacardi is too dear here,lol.

Have the Vodka in and the Bacardi :-) Looks like the pineapple and coconut will have to wait until we next venture out to shop :-)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have the Vodka in and the Bacardi 🙂 Looks like the pineapple and coconut will have to wait until we next venture out to shop 🙂

LOL,ours is the cheapskate recipe, but it's ok.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, brian1 said:

LOL,ours is the cheapskate recipe, but it's ok.

Just seen a recipe on line and it says 60ml of Bacardi (or Vodka) and 3 measures of Malibu as well ….. not sure you'd stand up much after a few of those.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

Just seen a recipe on line and it says 60ml of Bacardi (or Vodka) and 3 measures of Malibu as well ….. not sure you'd stand up much after a few of those.

It doesn't matter what goes in a cocktail... 

As long as it has an umbrella, it's a cocktail... 🍹

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It doesn't matter what goes in a cocktail... 

As long as it has an umbrella, it's a cocktail... 🍹

Andy 

I'm thinking of Delboy falling thru that bar hatch,lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Wouldn't you just know that the hottest Easter for years has come during a stay at home lockdown pandemic, the weather gods clearly have a warped sense of humour.😁

I'm normally a glass half empty person, but to be honest I think we have been really blessed with the weather the last 3 weeks and now. I think it is set to continue next week too. Imagine if it had been lockdown in that horrific weather we had with continual rain and storms and winds. Better to have your windows open, the sun shining, the birds tweeting and the gardens looking lovely as they do now. Part of me wishes I was on a holiday (well we should have been) but better to be in the house with the sunshine than in the house in worse grey gloomy weather.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

On the other hand,  if the weather had been cold, wet and windy people would have wanted to stay inside. 

Avril 

Most have stayed at home this weekend according to the news -- just a few idiots who make the news but apparently those of us doing what we should do is about 98 / 99%.

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Most have stayed at home this weekend according to the news -- just a few idiots who make the news but apparently those of us doing what we should do is about 98 / 99%.

And, according to the BBC, more people are obeying the guidelines than the government expected. The issue now, is how to slacken off the guidelines, so as to try and restore some sort of normality. 

If we are still in "lock down" in July, the economy will be in such a bad way that more people will die of poverty than because of CV19.