P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Good morning,

A sunny morning here with a brisk wind and a temperature of 9C, is really July?

We have postal votes, haven’t changed it back after we applied a couple of years ago when we were due to be away during the local elections. We sent our votes off 2 weeks ago. 

Only saw 1 candidate during the whole campaign and he got our votes. Oddly 1 main party never sent us any electoral material or pushed any leaflets through the door, never happened before. 

No one ever comes near us, they stick to the main towns and don’t bother with smaller places.

One party has however bombarded us with leaflets through the post and we have had more from them all than ever before, most of it drivel from the whole lot of them, a plague on all their houses.

I suspect the boundary changes have made us more interesting than before.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sagaris said:

This is a bit of a random question😊.

My doctor has asked me to do blood pressure readings via a monitor borrowed from the surgery (they have non in!!). I remember reading about a wrist monitor (the arm one is so painful😪) that I think Avril uses but can't find the post. If you are reading this Avril I would be grateful if you could help.

Molly

Glad you posted as  I had not checked my BP in weeks .

I'm reading 114/67  -Which as my nurse used to say is boringly good .

I bought an oxymeter too 59 hb / 96 o2  

So all is good .in the kingdom of Kalos , thanks for reminding me 

I think your right about Avril buying a wrist model and sure she will be along to advise .

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, sagaris said:

My doctor has asked me to do blood pressure readings via a monitor borrowed from the surgery (they have non in!!). I remember reading about a wrist monitor (the arm one is so painful😪) that I think Avril uses but can't find the post. If you are reading this Avril I would be grateful if you could help.

Molly

Hello Molly.

The wrist monitor I use is Omron. The make is widely used and recommened by many doctors, including my own, who trusts my readings using that monitor.

You can buy them on Amazon, where they have a number to select from, as well as chemists. Just buy whichever you're comfortable with. 

Amazon have some deals on at the moment with next day delivery.

Avril

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Hello Molly.

The wrist monitor I use is Omron. The make is widely used and recommened by many doctors, including my own, who trusts my readings using that monitor.

You can buy them on Amazon, where they have a number to select from, as well as chemists. Just buy whichever you're comfortable with. 

Amazon have some deals on at the moment with next day delivery.

Avril

Thank you Avril, Angel57 and Kalos. I looked on Amazon and the Omron RS1 is a good price, but I thought I would check first to see if that was the right one.

Molly (long time lurker and occasional poster)😁

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, sagaris said:

Thank you Avril, Angel57 and Kalos. I looked on Amazon and the Omron RS1 is a good price, but I thought I would check first to see if that was the right one.

Molly (long time lurker and occasional poster)😁

The RS1 is fine. It does what you need, it measures your BP. There are some with all the bells and whistles, but why pay more for something you don't need😁

Simply follow the instructions and you're away.

I hope your numbers stay low😉 and let us know how you get on.

Avril

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Vicky coach station this morning,they've installed aircon,things are looking up

The egg and bacon rolls haven't changed I'm afraid.

Strange place to put a fan ,just outside Greggs .

Do they have a cooling off period when you buy a roll 🙃 ?

I bet Graham would know Greggs T&cS 😉🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I’m back!   Nothing to report really. The treated area is hidden under an elastic stocking, which is not to be removed for 48 hours.  The procedure was entirely painless - for me - some people find it uncomfortable.  Worst thing is likely to be paying for it - I’m not sure but I don’t think vv are treated by the NHS now.  So, I’m looking on it as a cruise foregone, to help my overall health and comfort

Thanks to everyone who sent good wishes

Have a good afternoon, and rest up if you’re thinking of spending all night watching the results 🙄

• Like 10

5 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes Jane, sounds very familiar. Silly us thought her going into the home would cause us less worry. As she can’t always articulate herself well it’s a real worry for us when she goes into the hospital. She’s so much better in the Home where they know her well already. 

I also keep changing my mind who to vote for, off in about half an hour to vote, at least it’s sunny for the walk!

As regulars will know, I love politics.🤣. The best thing about today is that 5 out of 6 won't win.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sagaris said:

Molly

Check with the pharmacist at your local pharmacy.

There are different sized arm bands and maybe the one you used previously was too small.

The wrist bands are cheaper and much easier to use but are not as accurate when I used one.

Edited by grapau27

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Staying up for .... 🥴😵  No thanks .

In the words of Meatloaf ..

"Let Me Sleep On It "  and they can give me the answers in the morning .😴🛏️

This morning, DW asked if I wanted the telly on any particular channel. 43 please. The food network...what's on?.......no politics hopefully.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Strange place to put a fan ,just outside Greggs .

Do they have a cooling off period when you buy a roll 🙃 ?

I bet Graham would know Greggs T&cS 😉🤣

Yeah,I bet Graham gets their designer sportswear as freebies.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

The wrist bands are cheaper and much easier to use but are not as accurate when I used one.

Wrist monitors and arm monitors are the same price range. it depends on which you prefer and are more comfortable with. Omron have been clinically tested.

I tested the readings with my GP over a six week period and he was satisfied the  Omron wrist monitor, when used properly, is accurate.

My Mum had a lot of small seizures for a long time before she had a final massive stroke, so I have to careful when monitoring my High BP. If my GP is satisfied then so am I☺️

Avril

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Wrist monitors and arm monitors are the same price range. it depends on which you prefer and are more comfortable with. Omron have been clinically tested.

I tested the readings with my GP over a six week period and he was satisfied the  Omron wrist monitor, when used properly, is accurate.

My Mum had a lot of small seizures for a long time before she had a final massive stroke, so I have to careful when monitoring my High BP. If my GP is satisfied then so am I☺️

Avril

Thank you Avril.

Sorry to hear about your mam's strokes.

I bought my arm monitor in 2015 and still use it.

Pauline's late mam's wrist monitor kept giving low readings when I used it.

Thank you for the information though as the wrist monitor is much easier to use.

• Like 1

I heard it would be a low turnout but we've just queued for 10 minutes to get in and the box was so full the lady got a ruler to push the votes down.  I was supposed to be at the count but as I've been ill I've excused myself, I'm rather glad it looks like a long night!

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 4