P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

31 minutes ago, brian1 said:

When I worked in Dundee for 7 weeks,I had black and white pud and square sausage every morning in our digs,lovely jubbly.

I can understand that, lorne (Scottish square) sausage is tasty and much more convenient for putting on a roll than links. I like white pudding too.

My personal favourite with breakfast if I’m having a cooked one is potato scones. 

I’m hungry now!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I can understand that, lorne (Scottish square) sausage is tasty and much more convenient for putting on a roll than links. I like white pudding too.

My personal favourite with breakfast if I’m having a cooked one is potato scones. 

I’m hungry now!

That was also when I was introduced to Arbroath smokies 😋.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

That was also when I was introduced to Arbroath smokies 😋.

I love smokies heated up with garlic butter. First had it in a restaurant in Carnoustie, just down the road from Arbroath.

I make Cullen Skink with them too, have you tried that?

• Like 2

A lovely apt name, July morning, at least for today!  Looks like being a nice one for almost everyone, at last.  (It  maybe too hot tomorrow of course!).

I hope everyone has a good day, and you are all feeling well and cheerful.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I love smokies heated up with garlic butter. First had it in a restaurant in Carnoustie, just down the road from Arbroath.

Sounds like a type of ferret,lol,I'll look it up😉.

• Haha 3

Kippers or smokies or any smoked fish is too much for me at breakfast time, but I do enjoy the flavours in pates or soups at lunchtime.  Nowadays my breakfast tends to be 'healthy' and not too much, e.g. plain yogurt with granola and/or fruit, then maybe a naughty slice of brioche with jam or a toasted muffin.  But I do so love the smell of smoked bacon, and sometimes have a bacon sarnie for lunch, thus undoing all the good from the morning.  I have got to the age where if someone said it might harm your health  in 5 years,  I think so what!  I am lucky not to have any raised cholesterol or diabetes, though, as I would hate having to be really careful.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Just looked it up,a sprinkle of cheese might enhance it.By the way,I found out last year with my Ancstery DNA that I'm 24% Scottish.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Yeah alright sis,touche'.Promise I wont try and get you to like octopus anymore,bro.

If I had a choice between  black pudding and octopus , I'd choose the octopus every time.

Just between me and you bro,🤫 I have eaten octopus and enjoyed it.😉 The problem is, most places don't know how cook it  and you have tastless rubber bands on your plate but............nothing could get me to eat black pudding bro, how ever it was cooked😬

Sis

Totally agree sis it has to be tender along with squid and cuttlefish.On the buffet in Bulgaria they continuously cooked baby octopus one evening.It was so tender and survived the mainly Russian swarm of locusts.That was good cooking,bro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Just looked it up,a sprinkle of cheese might enhance it.By the way,I found out last year with my Ancstery DNA that I'm 24% Scottish.

My husband is about the same English as his lot came from the Lake District originally.

Actually some people do serve it with cheese scones.

• Like 1

In the 4 years I've been walking the 3.5 miles to the gym,I've never stopped and took photos of the last 1.5 miles thru countryside.This was yesterday in the sunshine.IMG-20240717-WA0003.thumb.jpg.0db894a85fb297bb4c03d7819c3730b8.jpgIMG-20240717-WA0004.thumb.jpg.5b7d00bb680a944dbaa4cd4c9b7a7bce.jpgIMG_20240717_140938467(1).thumb.jpg.435df1988446683cce62e0e04390ad37.jpgIMG-20240717-WA0005.thumb.jpg.632b825fd3d72301427d6b57c6b56641.jpg

• Like 17

Seems that a couple of decent days and we are all off to the beach.  We have been lucky with the weather at Weymouth, so will stop off at Swanage on the way home tomorrow.  Normally they have punch and Judy.....all together now....oh yes they do.🤣

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Seems that a couple of decent days and we are all off to the beach.  We have been lucky with the weather at Weymouth, so will stop off at Swanage on the way home tomorrow.  Normally they have punch and Judy.....all together now....oh yes they do.🤣

If you're calling in at Swanage i can recommend Love Cake - great cafe, very popular with locals - and an amazing selection of cakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.  It is going to be (too?) hot today - no pleasing some of us.  Opening a few windows wide to let cool air at present, lovely.  Then the morning mug of tea.

I hope we all have a good day, with not too many problems to deal with.

• Like 9

Good morning.

It is partly sunny and 17°C here at the moment.

Nothing planned for today.

I hope everyone stays safe today on what is to be the hottest day of the year.

I hope you all have a happy day.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

Good morning.
Currently 19c here and due to rise to 27c.

Just about to walk Freddie and there’ll be no afternoon walk for him with the heat today.

I cleaned my lounge and hall carpets yesterday (I use a Vax compact power cleaner). The results were pleasing but the waste water was a disgusting colour!!  Thanks to the warmth they were dry within a couple of hours.

Restful day for us today.

Gill x

• Like 9

Morning everyone,

Partly sunny and 17c here, but it's not expected to be as hot at yesterday! Also depending which forecast you look at we, have rain tomorrow, or not😕

My youngest granddaughter broke up from school yesterday, but her Mum hasn't, so is coming over for a sleepover tonight. Also bringing the dog as her parents are going away for the weekend.

A trip to the shops, intend to go soon and just hope the traffic isn't too bad.

Hope everyone has a good day, take care and stay safe.

• Like 8

Oh joy ... should have flown home last night but the flight was delayed until this afternoon, currently estimated at 14.30 this afternoon.  Edinburgh airport security yesterday was hell on earth, it just couldn't cope with the volume of passengers, then told we aren't going anywhere and all the joys of getting out again.

Currently in the Hampton by Hilton hotel which we booked very quickly rather than waiting for BA to get in gear but have to check out at noon - would have been perfect timing but now the airport is in big trouble with the Microsoft outage. Certainly going yo be an interesting day ...

On the good side, we had a great time in Edinburgh and surrounds, Paul Weller was brilliant (we got very wet and rained on) and enjoyed a lovely break.  Weather was kind most of the time.

Now however to quote Michael Buble I just want to go home!

20240712_104346.jpg

20240712_120656.jpg

20240712_125908.jpg

20240712_134227.jpg

20240712_150851.jpg

20240712_151442.jpg

20240713_204316.jpg

20240713_194500.jpg

20240714_115610.jpg

20240714_122555.jpg

20240714_153206.jpg

• Like 20

image.jpeg.c9a58dbd0b57301ab7aa2891ce59efec.jpeg

Morning everyone  ,21.c here and could hit 28 this evening .

Is this the same sun we used to play in as kids ? 

Going back to the 70's Mum knew how to deal with weather like this as she 

would send me to the shop to buy some ice pops.

" Don't buy the frozen ones  as they charge 1/2p extra" She would say.

Once back home we would wait best part of the day for them to freeze.

We only had a fridge with a tiny freezer box that was stuffed full with a box

of fish fingers and rissoles. We could just about freeze 3 at a time,so just 

as the sun was going down,we were given a half slushy frozen ice pop.

Happy days😎

Anyway I hope you all enjoy today as we will be back to normal weather

sometime tomorrow     

bb0776f8b4fbd42055f8e3a972b6a6af.jpg.fca13217a35b5706d64e14b5dbb3318b.jpg Have a good day and take care 🙂

• Like 14

It's  currently 21° here and predicted to get up to 27°.

We are taking the teenagers out for lunch to celebrate thd start of the school holidays.

The girl went to Alton Towers yesterday, she that it was heaving with school parties.  Her school took the children who had achieved 100% attendance for the whole year she hadn't expected to go even though she had been given the permission form for her dad to sign because she had 3 days off when her mum passed away and another day off for the funerals of her mum and grandad but the headmistress said that an exception could be made because they were exceptional circumstances.

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Oh joy ... should have flown home last night but the flight was delayed until this afternoon, currently estimated at 14.30 this afternoon.  Edinburgh airport security yesterday was hell on earth, it just couldn't cope with the volume of passengers, then told we aren't going anywhere and all the joys of getting out again.

Currently in the Hampton by Hilton hotel which we booked very quickly rather than waiting for BA to get in gear but have to check out at noon - would have been perfect timing but now the airport is in big trouble with the Microsoft outage. Certainly going yo be an interesting day ...

On the good side, we had a great time in Edinburgh and surrounds, Paul Weller was brilliant (we got very wet and rained on) and enjoyed a lovely break.  Weather was kind most of the time.

Now however to quote Michael Buble I just want to go home!

20240712_104346.jpg

20240712_120656.jpg

20240712_125908.jpg

20240712_134227.jpg

20240712_150851.jpg

20240712_151442.jpg

20240713_204316.jpg

20240713_194500.jpg

20240714_115610.jpg

20240714_122555.jpg

20240714_153206.jpg

Blimey he's only 66.A bit of Grecian 2000 wouldn't go amiss.

• Haha 2